FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

Hi guys,

first of all, thanks for your work in doing this mod. I've played all FFAA mods since ARMA and have to say that they're TOP quality and with some of the best models I've seen out there. I wish I could help you, but neither I'm good in scripting or modelling, nor I have the time to do so, I even haven't played anything for the last two months. I've only modified some missions and mods for my own personal use and I understand all the effort you and all other modders are putting, so please keep up the good work and THANKS!

Thanks @MistyRonin and all comunity for your support like always

No, no, ¡Grácias a vosotros por el curro que os estáis dando! Dándonos la oportunidad de poder jugar, gratuítamente, con uno de los grandes ejércitos del mundo :)

No,no, Thank you for all the hard work that you have been doing! Giving us the opportunity to play, for free, with one of the world's greatest armies :)

Edited by MistyRonin

Hi all.

First, sorry for the long time since the last update, but I think is time for a good Situation Report of what's going on in the mod. So here we go:

Actually the progress is good, pretty good. As you may know, the actual situation of the mod is on a closed testing stage, as it's being used in the Spanish Simulation Championship during the last month. This has bring to us, till now, 47 bug reports to our feedback tracker.

At this moment I'm writing, we have about 5 bugs left to fix, apart from other minimum tweaks. That doesn't mean we are gonna release tomorrow, even next week, even within this month. The release date is unknown right now and will be until the moment we decide to put the thing up.

In the other hand, I would like to give you a little peaks about the other things we are working on:

Launcher

After having found a lot of problems on the launcher, we finally were able to fix them and now we have a stable very early version of the launcher. It is working, but in a very basic way. The launcher will be reworked from scratch in the next weeks to make it compatible with new features we wanna introduce into the mod.

New website

We have been working on a new website design, more friendly and where you will be able to get the launcher and get in touch with all the updates and progress of the mod. It will be translated into english also, so the community will be happier :D

FFAA Compatibility Addon

A new developer, Kavinsky has joined the team. He is working on the "FFAA-Comp" part of the mod, which will give FFAA the hability to be compatible with the most commonly mods used around.

At the moment, the TFAR addon compatibility has been completed, featuring custom radio skins and models for the mod. Also, work is going on for another addons like ALIVE, Combat Space Enhancement (Rations and medical systems), Tao's Modular Realism, ASDG Joint Rails, ACRE, JSRS... among others. The installation of this compatibilities will be managed via the new launcher.

More information will be given in further updates.

New BRILAT

All the skins and models for the BRILAT are being reworked by the infantry team as they don't like some of the aspects on the actual ones. I don't have more information about this at the moment, but we will show WIP when we are able to.

New vehicles

Big part of the incidences reported via the feedback tracker are related to configs and so on, the last stages of the development chain. We have put all our efforts there, even I who had never on weapons configs and so on, to fix them ASAP.

Thanks to that, the modellers team is working on full blast to bring up new models into the release.

Eurocopter Cougar, NH90, Tigre, M250, Santana Anibal, Pizarro... those are some of the models which are being worked on daily to bring them into final stages.

To finish this part, wanna share with you a pic of the interior for the VAMTAC, which has been reworked and is allmost ready for the beta tests!

http://i.gyazo.com/4f6d782b00a6297fe7eed0972343be06.png (1169 kB)

So that's all for today. We still alive and working. Remember we are the first who want to bring you the mod, so please, be patient!

Regards in the name of the full development team

Tisor

FFAA Project Manager

At this moment I'm writing, we have about 5 bugs left to fix, apart from other minimum tweaks.

I may repeat myself but you are all doing awesome work. Thank you for the time you dedicate. Keep it up!

Eurocopter Cougar, NH90, Tigre, M250, Santana Anibal, Pizarro... those are some of the models which are being worked on daily to bring them into final stages.

To finish this part, wanna share with you a pic of the interior for the VAMTAC, which has been reworked and is allmost ready for the beta tests!

http://i.gyazo.com/4f6d782b00a6297fe7eed0972343be06.png (1169 kB)

Really sweet screenshot! Can't wait to have it in-game.

May I ask in what stage of the development is the Iveco LMV Lince?

May I ask in what stage of the development is the Iveco LMV Lince?

I have no information on that apart than the interior must be reworked. Will ask the team ASAP to bring you up this information. Thanks again for your support MistyRonin, very appreciated.

How is the LPD/LSD going?

On hold until we find any solution to the big geometry meshs and so on.

On hold until we find any solution to the big geometry meshs and so on.

(Juan Carlos I?)

Waiting for that, I think it's for the ship can move, you can make like the Nimitz of TeTeT/Jdog, a static ship.

Esperando a eso, que creo que es para que se mueva el barco, podéis hacer como el Nimitz de TeTeT/Jdog, un barco estático(que no se mueva).

Yes, we can do that as static ship like on Arma 2 we did but our proposal is do that as a driveable ship. If BI finally decide extend the limit for large geometric lod we could release a driveable Galicia, Juan Carlos I, F80 etc..

By the way I have an amazing screenshot of the (redone) Cougar AS532 for Arma 3. Be aware, It's a work in progress!! Enjoy it :D

vf4yn0xal7qchi5fg.jpg

Click to view with max resolution

Edited by Mickyleitor

By the way I have an amazing screenshot of the (redone) Cougar AS532 for Arma 3. Be aware, It's a work in progress!! Enjoy it :D

Uis, me pones los dientes largos! Tiene muy buena pinta!

Uhm... you are hyping me! Looks awesome!

could u realise the ships as static in the mean time while you work on get them driveable?

The ships wont be drivable for the moment and not in long term, as bohemia looks that's not gonna fix the geo problem due to engine limitations.

Althought, a lot of work still needs to be done on the ships for their release so dont expect theme any close when the lite is release. First ground vehicles will come.

Regards

Yes, we can do that as static ship like on Arma 2 we did but our proposal is do that as a driveable ship. If BI finally decide extend the limit for large geometric lod we could release a driveable Galicia, Juan Carlos I, F80 etc..
Have you already tested this? I ask this because I'm guessing that by "F80" you mean the Santa María-class, which is stated to be Oliver Hazard Perry-class (Flight III, aka "long-hull") derived, whereas Chops' Arleigh Burke-class was stated to be a driveable, single-mesh ship yet modeled accurately at 1:1 scale of 155 m... slightly less than the Galicia-class LPD, and only Juan Carlos I exceeds that range (of approximately 140 to 165 meters length).

Although the proposal may have been for drivable ships, it definitely seems like quite a bit if not the majority of those interested in FFAA 6.0 would be satisfied with a static platform... although, if you're willing to utilize almost-certainly-scripted solutions, have you considered (as a gameplay concept) something like this??

The moment has come. After more than one year of development (without anything that comes from previous projects) finally we can bring you the first version of FFAA MOD for Arma 3, the v6.0.1.

This version is the result of a big effor to solve all the first bugs reported by the player of Spanish Simulation Championship. Without their help, this first release would not have been possible.

Also, we show you our new website, http://ffaamod.es (At the moment only available in Spanish), where you will find the download for the mod as .zip file.

This first version features the RG-31, the Chinook CH-47, the troops for BRILAT, MOE & FAMET and the weapons pack known by all.

Here you have a short video:

So, it's the moment to enjoy the mod. Share your opinions with us!

Remember that the mod will be updated frequently, with new content and bug fixes!

Visita http://ffaamod.es for downloading.

Edited by Tisor

Neat!

Congratulations on the release, chaps. Your progress has been very impressive.

Downloading now :)

Downloading!

Soys muy grandes, de todo corazón: muchas gracias por vuestro trabajo.

Por cierto, la lanzadora la lía pardisima con todos los sistemas de seguridad de Windows, le he tenido que dar más permisos que a un general.

You are great, thank you very much for your work.

BTW the launcher mess up with all the Windows security systems, I had to give it more permits than to a general.

---------- Post added at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

I'll give my two cents after trying the mod:

First I have a little suggestion, would it be possible to have some kind of mirrored image in the scope and the animation of the fire selector of the HK G36 ( aleta selectora: tiro a tiro, automatica, seguro )?

This mod already have both improvements:

G36 Pack 2.0 - many Variants/AG36 - Optional JSRS and ASDG Compatible

Also if you check the addon from the link, you we'll see that they have "opened" the holes that are in the body of the gun ( in the FFAA instead of a hole they are painted in black ).

If you check the tracker, you'll see that I've add one about the position of the hands in the weapons.

The CH47 is really funny to fly with the crane, carrying other vehicles around.

About the infantry uniforms, in my humble opinion the textures are a bit limited. The desert ones look pretty good ( although may look a bit more like A2 vanilla than the A3 ) . The woodland ones IMHO are in a worse position, they look to me low quality. Although you announced that changes were gonna be made :)

If I may suggest, the crewman could have the Altus removed, because it causes clipping when sitting ( and well, their main task is to be sitting ).

Some weapons texture are IMO a bit poor in quality like the magazine of the MG42, and the accuracy.

The helmets look to me a bit too flat. For example in this photo you can see that the real ones are deeper, but may be an optic effect.

http://estaticos.elmundo.es/elmundo/imagenes/2013/03/16/espana/1363436803_0.jpg (112 kB)

I really love the RG31 ( although the MG looks too clean for my taste ). I have spend a lot of time just driving it around. It has a lot of outstanding details like the ITV patch, the note "Ante amenaza de mina", etc.

Can't wait for more vehicles! :bounce3:

Again, thank you for all very much for the hard work :)

Edited by MistyRonin

Excelente MOD, MUCHAS GRACIAS por su trabajo de verdad tiene gran calidad. Sugiero que a los uniformes le agreguen la protección en la sección de los codos, espero que lo pongan en una siguiente versión, así como para todos los chalecos anti balas ponerle la fornitura / estuche para pistola no todos lo tienen.

Gracias y saludos.

Excellent MOD, Thank you vey much for all your work it have great quality. I suggest add to all uniforms the elbow protection, I hope you can do it for the next version, also to the Kevlar / armour vest add the pistol forniture / holder not all the vest have this.

Thank you and regards.

Hi all.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Due to compatibility issues, the FFAA Launcher is being removed. The mod can be downloaded as usual as a .zip file from our website.

Well done, downloading now - thanks

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Tisor) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Hi all.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

I haven't seen it before, but the new website is also outstanding; I really like it. Well done! :)

( about the launcher, does it mean that we have to check the website for updates? is it gonna work in the future? )

BTW, if its now "released" maybe you should create a thread in the completed forum.

New mod v6.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@ffaa_a3.png

@ FFAA Mod Team;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I love the RG-31 ! He is more beautiful than the Hunter!

I love the Chinook, but there is a particular command to put in the INIT of Unit to lowers the ramp when IA unloads transport? I tried this:

" This animate [" ramp_bottom ", 1] "

But that doesn't work.

Good luck!