FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

4 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

I'd love to see full CUP support. Would only be logical now that JBAD has been incorporated into CUP. 

Yup, it´s gets just annoying having to download the exact same files 3 times even though CUP is a perfect All-in-one solution.

This discussion is kind of derailing the thread though so we should probably take it elsewhere unless we want the mods to do some of their "vanishing-magic" :f:

11 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

Yup, it´s gets just annoying having to download the exact same files 3 times even though CUP is a perfect All-in-one solution.

This discussion is kind of derailing the thread though so we should probably take it elsewhere unless we want the mods to do some of their "vanishing-magic" :f:

4 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

I'd love to see full CUP support. Would only be logical now that JBAD has been incorporated into CUP. 

Stop whinging guys and have a little respect for this awesome project.

On 2017-5-3 at 8:23 PM, FFAAMOD said:

At this point, somewhere in the last year, JBAD was integrated into CUP Terrains.. And it's impressive that the most FAQ is like:

Guys, we KNOW this, we READ you. But you should know that Lythium started his development even when CUP didn't exist!!

So STOP complaining on this. We will take a meeting on this, for sure, looking for the best approach to players. But understand we are a small team, with a low reaction time to Community projects (even for A3 updates) and thus we simply can't easily switch to CUP requirement.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Stop whinging guys and have a little respect for this awesome project.

Yeah well how about little respect for those who disagree with you, just saying to shut up won't do the trick in a public debate forum. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, churrofighter said:

Yeah well how about little respect for those who disagree with you, just saying to shut up won't do the trick in a public debate forum. 

Unfortunately the patience is not an infinite good, so very possibly if you keep bothering there are no more updates of the mod or simply be ignored forever.

Instead of bothering to do yourself the terrain and  dont ask for impossible things.

• Like 3

Firstly apologies to FFAMOD team for veering of topic but.......

31 minutes ago, churrofighter said:

The problem is hardly anybody takes the time these days to read through threads to gain knowledge on a particular project, I structured my post to show the guys, who aren't happy about the JBAD dependency for Lythium, that the FFAMOD team have already addressed the issue and yet some dudes keep banging on about it.

Agreeing and disagreeing about a topic in a public forum is fine, but on this particular issue if anybody had read the official post from the FFAMOD team (which is only one page back), then there really is no need to mention CUP at all.

Hopefully we get back on topic now.

• Like 3

Lythium lighting reminds me of the old lighting a lot. So it seems possible to use maybe the same settings for other custom maps , right? 

Amazing map guys congrats truly a pleasure to fly over the landscape.

• Like 6

I have exported the full map image (without terrain overlay) from the game for mission makers.  Below, find versions with and without grids... Though the grid thing used to be an issue, these appear to be accurate.  Be advised, these are large files.

http://www.3-75thrangers.net/forums/Themes/darkmodern202/images/lythium.png

http://www.3-75thrangers.net/forums/Themes/darkmodern202/images/lythium_nogrid.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have a question regarding the lifted boats on the B.A.M. Where can I find the variable names for them? I'd like be able to spawn ai and move them into those boats using the moveincargo command.

This is the greatest map ever created for any BIS game. Those people complaining about the jbad dependency are absolutely ridiculous. It's one click of a button on the workshop. Be grateful you spoiled little snowflakes! 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, PigeonSparrow said:

I have a question regarding the lifted boats on the B.A.M. Where can I find the variable names for them? I'd like be able to spawn ai and move them into those boats using the moveincargo command.

In the last update there was a little change on this. Meaning there are two ways to retrieve the variable names and "play" with them.
- First and the easy way is create a boat aside of the BAM and name it whatever you want, for example "boat1". Load any AI you want in boat1. And add it in the BAM 3DEN Attribute, last parameter.

Now it will be spawned at the desired position and you should able to manage it, the code to unload the boat is:

[NAME_OF_BAM,boat1,"Winch_X"] spawn FFAA_fnc_ShipWinch;

Where NAME_OF_BAM is the name attribute of the BAM and X is the Winch number of BAM (1 front right,2 front left,3 outside backward, 4 inside backward).

- The second way is a bit complex but easy is you understand how A3 runs. Using BAM 3DEN Attribute you can create at the init of the mission any boat you want by writting the classname of that boat inside the attribute box.

All classname/object will be create and loading into the array order of the attribute, meaning if you put "ffaa_ar_zodiac_hurricane,ffaa_ar_zodiac_hurricane,ffaa_ar_supercat", then ffaa_ar_zodiac_hurricane will be created into Winch 1 and 2 and ffaa_ar_supercat will be spawned at the Winch number 3.

If you want an empty winch you should put a "-" character instead of the classname (ej: if you want an object only in winch 3 then "-,-,ffaa_ar_zodiac_hurricane").

Once you completed the attribute slot, you could retrieve the variable names by looking for the FFAA_WinchCargo variable. You can retrieve the array of all object winched into the BAM by doing:

NAME_OF_BAM getVariable ["FFAA_WinchCargo",[]];

Order of array will be at the order you did in the BAM's attribute so getting your boat from winch 2 is so easy as:

_myboat = (NAME_OF_BAM getVariable ["FFAA_WinchCargo",[]]) select 1);

Now you should do the same step for unwinch it (previously explained).

Additionaly, the same variable is available for Flight Deck Cargo "FFAA_FlightDeckCargo", but It's nearly useless as there are only one cargo space (this variable should be hardly used in the future, when LHD L61 be released).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mickyleitor said:

In the last update there was a little change on this. Meaning there are two ways to retrieve the variable names and "play" with them.
- First and the easy way is create a boat aside of the BAM and name it whatever you want, for example "boat1". Load any AI you want in boat1. And add it in the BAM 3DEN Attribute, last parameter.

Now it will be spawned at the desired position and you should able to manage it, the code to unload the boat is:

[NAME_OF_BAM,boat1,"Winch_X"] spawn FFAA_fnc_ShipWinch;

Where NAME_OF_BAM is the name attribute of the BAM and X is the Winch number of BAM (1 front right,2 front left,3 outside backward, 4 inside backward).

- The second way is a bit complex but easy is you understand how A3 runs. Using BAM 3DEN Attribute you can create at the init of the mission any boat you want by writting the classname of that boat inside the attribute box.

All classname/object will be create and loading into the array order of the attribute, meaning if you put "ffaa_ar_zodiac_hurricane,ffaa_ar_zodiac_hurricane,ffaa_ar_supercat", then ffaa_ar_zodiac_hurricane will be created into Winch 1 and 2 and ffaa_ar_supercat will be spawned at the Winch number 3.

If you want an empty winch you should put a "-" character instead of the classname (ej: if you want an object only in winch 3 then "-,-,ffaa_ar_zodiac_hurricane").

Once you completed the attribute slot, you could retrieve the variable names by looking for the FFAA_WinchCargo variable. You can retrieve the array of all object winched into the BAM by doing:

NAME_OF_BAM getVariable ["FFAA_WinchCargo",[]];

Order of array will be at the order you did in the BAM's attribute so getting your boat from winch 2 is so easy as:

_myboat = (NAME_OF_BAM getVariable ["FFAA_WinchCargo",[]]) select 1);

Now you should do the same step for unwinch it (previously explained).

Additionaly, the same variable is available for Flight Deck Cargo "FFAA_FlightDeckCargo", but It's nearly useless as there are only one cargo space (this variable should be hardly used in the future, when LHD L61 be released).

Thanks for such an in depth response. I've managed to load the boats using the first approach but but now I'm having issues with the winch. I created a trigger and ran the code to unload the boat but I get this error message:

'...tvariable "FFAA_Ship");
_vehicleCargo = |#|_ship getvariable ["FFAA_WinchCargo",[]]..."
Error undefined variable in expression: _ship
Error undefined variable in expression: _vehiclecargo
File ffaa_ar_bam\functions\fn_shipWinch.sqf [FFA_fnc_shipWinch], line 41

It also teleports the boat to the top of the BAM in a weird position. This is what I used in the trigger:
[mhq_3,boat3,"Winch_3"] spawn FFAA_fnc_ShipWinch;  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PigeonSparrow said:

Thanks for such an in depth response. I've managed to load the boats using the first approach but but now I'm having issues with the winch. I created a trigger and ran the code to unload the boat but I get this error message:

'...tvariable "FFAA_Ship");
_vehicleCargo = |#|_ship getvariable ["FFAA_WinchCargo",[]]..."
Error undefined variable in expression: _ship
Error undefined variable in expression: _vehiclecargo
File ffaa_ar_bam\functions\fn_shipWinch.sqf [FFA_fnc_shipWinch], line 41

It also teleports the boat to the top of the BAM in a weird position. This is what I used in the trigger:
[mhq_3,boat3,"Winch_3"] spawn FFAA_fnc_ShipWinch;  

Ops! It seems you should put the ship subpart object instead of the bam (the main one) ... I'll check the code to automatically search for the winch you are calling so in this way you could call the function with the BAM object (the main one) name.
As a workaround (in the future it should have backward compatiblity) call it as follows:

[((mhq_3 getVariable ["FFAA_shipParts",[]]) select 1),boat3,"Winch_3"] spawn FFAA_fnc_ShipWinch;

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mickyleitor said:

Ops! It seems you should put the ship subpart object instead of the bam (the main one) ... I'll check the code to automatically search for the winch you are calling so in this way you could call the function with the BAM object (the main one) name.
As a workaround (in the future it should have backward compatiblity) call it as follows:

[((mhq_3 getVariable ["FFAA_shipParts",[]]) select 1),boat3,"Winch_3"] spawn FFAA_fnc_ShipWinch;

Yesss! That worked! You are a champion my friend. 

Hola , your work is AMAZING !!! many thanks for that ..

I come with a noob question,all apologize for that but i didn't find answer yet.

My team leader want to make us spawn in the BAM (so nice ship).

Is it possible? cause he is on editor but always spawn in water..

Best regards,all apologize again for my noob question.

Hi, for temporaly fix afghan buildings problems of JBAD (destroy a city with a hand grenade) use this on your init:

{_x allowDamage false; _x enableSimulation false} forEach nearestObjects [center, ["Building","Wall_F","jbad_afghan_houses","jbad_mosques","jbad_walls","afghan_houses","afghan_houses_c","afghan_houses_old","mosque_big"], 3500];

center is an object and last number is radius of effect. All buildings dont allow damage, you cant destroy,  but it makes playable. 

And please give time for FFAA team to fix. We must stop making a kandahar map because we were using JBAD and have this problem. I supose its hard to make a massive classnames replacement on map. 

Many thanks for this amazing map. 

• Like 1

May I ask, is there a landAt ID for the southern airport of Lythium?

edit: solved, it's 1

I'm pretty sure there are ways to mass replace JBAD to CUP with a proper batch and p3d files mapping. You should try to reach @Cype_Revenge, he converted is Diyala Map from JBAD to CUP, I am sure he could help you to make this easily.

• Like 2

I just downloaded and started playing on Lythium today so I feel a bit late to the praise party. To my mind This map is quite simply a work of art. The greatest central Asian / middle eastern map ever made, either 1st or 3rd party. And upon reflection, probably one of the greatest and most immersive Arma maps ever made full stop. It's hard to work out what to be more impressed about:

The incredible atmospheric  lighting

The perfectly drab recoloured vegetation and clutter

The landscape enormity and variety 

The artful village design and house placement, every town feels real and lived in and unique

The general attention to detail

The great performance

The astonishing amount of hard work and dedication by FFAMOD

This is a map I happily would have paid for as a DLC, thanks so much to everyone involved for bringing it to Arma3.

• Like 13

Updated mod v0.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey FFAA Mod Team, you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!
Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.
To learn more, follow this guide.

Hi! Any news about changelog of 1.03? Where can i get it?

On 23.5.2017 at 5:47 PM, M. Buchanan said:

I have exported the full map image (without terrain overlay) from the game for mission makers.  Below, find versions with and without grids... Though the grid thing used to be an issue, these appear to be accurate.  Be advised, these are large files.

http://www.3-75thrangers.net/forums/Themes/darkmodern202/images/lythium.png

http://www.3-75thrangers.net/forums/Themes/darkmodern202/images/lythium_nogrid.png

Thanks for your work. It is a great help

Guys amazing work. I believe that your greatest contribution to the community will be to share the lighting config with other map makers. You will be remembered for a long time and everyone will be grateful.

• Like 3

Agree, the lighting is so good on Lythium, it's the go-to map for creating scene and taking pics.

Stunning piece of work.

Ai doesn`t  seem to be able to use the NASAMS -system.Is this working as of yet?

Where do I go wrong - Control-T and R  and T ,right?     thanks