FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

They already said that they won´t publish anything out of this mod seperatly. Sry mate :(

Ah ok thats a shame amazing thing that ship. oh well thanks :)

Hi guys

Lythium map.

We are working for one/two years for this map we have create a lot of addons like a pack of houses,rocks,environment ect ect.

Now with the new visual update  all this work its gone.....Lythium map its not a arab map style its another thing :(.

We comunicate that we stop the process of the map .All the shadows its gone and the beautiful Arma3 system never see again.

to reference see this pics.

We hope that in a future  have a system that plays in old version or new version of visual system.

8994BE01E9482E475CC132EF0E7742677C36479D

2B696A2E16FCC99A3725A057A0F062D078EBE831

AC645A9CB82C9F02CD1B8675ED687DA618157CF9

31C753E5F08341EA8932A0133A5F65350746442E

30619E6122D3B76F567648B5017CFDFDAA3036F6

4DEDB035E052ADFFBF306A615156EADD6E56CA2CD8A9291D45AB27894B52F660359E07D06957DE96D559EC4812AF9A3CB0FE9D5BB149C1777E648696

• Like 2

Thats a shame, I was really looking forward to this map and the custom assets. The new lighting is great, it's just that the old arma 2 assets are not configured properly.  The satmap could be altered by reducing the blue a bit and that will probably make a big difference. Other than that the map looks fine tbh.

• Like 1

You've still done a great job with the map and nothing can take that away from you. Is it less dusty and less shadowy? Yes. Do I personally care about the lighting issues? No.

I'd say don't waste the time spent on development beacause of something that either will be hopefully fixed to some extent (shadows) or can be adjusted quite easily (maybe except the sat textures, but that's an issue everywhere, even on Altis/Stratis).

Personally I like some of the new shots better, and it's still is one of the best maps ever made for Arma for me.

• Like 1

I don't see a reason to stop development... The new game graphics destroy the shadows... ok, but that is not the modders fault, sooner or later it will be fixed.

The important thing is not the grahics is the fun. Just keep working and release it when the graphic shadows are repaired.

I like the new look of the terrain to be honest, but yes the shadow is a bummer

• Like 2

Wait what is the problem with it? It looks completely fine?

The shadows will probably be changed to match the original system in the future anyway.

• Like 2

Guys, i have this problem with the BAM (in 2d and 3d editor), its a problem with ARMA 1.6?. Problem solved (LayerEight), when the next update of the mod? (BAM in 3d editor).

bam.jpg

It seems like the BAM "esta como un pez en el agua" in Tanoa ("Like a fish in the water", meaning "at home").  :D 

hTpPa9e.jpg?1

• Like 9

You, FFA devs, are doing an amazing job !

The quality of your stuff are perfect!

Have you tought about doing a VAMTAC variant with the protection kit, like in the one with LAG40, but with no weapon and instead a fire from vehicle position?

Encore bravo for the work!

It seems like the BAM "esta como un pez en el agua" in Tanoa ("Like a fish in the water", meaning "at home").  :D 

Nope.

In spanish mostly of the "common use phrases" or "proverb" has a second "read".

In this particular one is refered to hability to move or refered to his performance, example: This pilot fly like a "fish in the water". Usally the spanish dont use this phrases to make the point redundant a boat in the water is obviously that perform well and "phrase" lost his other sense, his "mood".

To achive the goal to understand how to use this "catch phrases" the spanish usually speak the mood of a thing: "mas feliz que un regaliz" - happy as a candy - or "mas contento que unas castañuelas" - happiest as castanet -...coff coff ahem.

Sadly a direct tranlation or full understanding of a idiomatic expression for a foreigner is a nearly to impossible mission usually because some of this phrases has nearly common words, example: "cojones", "cajones" or even worse the same phrase change his meaning only changing the tone.

• Like 1

That BAM and the rest of the mod look so amazing it almost makes me want to join a spanish unit, just to use them on a regular basis!

The whole mod is a high quality, and yes, the BAM is something unique and brings addon making of ships to a higher level. Well done, team! Thanks for many innovations and hard work!

In this particular one is refered to hability to move or refered to his performance, example: This pilot fly like a "fish in the water". Usally the spanish dont use this phrases to make the point redundant a boat in the water is obviously that perform well and "phrase" lost his other sense, his "mood".

It's a bit OT but I'm afraid you are deadly wrong. The Spanish expression "Estar como un pez en el agua" double meaning is to feel at home, as I said before. Meaning "To feel at ease", it means that the ship is actually feeling "in her element". 

"Like a fish in the water", meaning "at home"

I'll translate it to you in Spanish, as you seem to have some trouble understanding English.

El significado de la expresión castellana "Estar como un pez en el agua" es precisamente "sentirse a gusto", comodo, "estar en su salsa", que es como se siente el BAM en Tanoa. En inglés es "to feel at home". 

Si te fijas en mi post anterior, primero hice la traducción literal y después la expliqué. Si me permites un consejo, evita utilizar Google Translate para escribir tus post en inglés, cuesta mucho trabajo entenderte. 

Check the dictionary: http://dictionary.reverso.net/spanish-english/como%20pez%20en%20el%20agua

Other refs:

https://expresionesyrefranes.com/2007/04/27/estar-como-pez-en-el-agua/

http://www.ciudad-real.es/varios/dichos/e.php

https://www.newsinslowspanish.com/catalog/spanish-expressions-proverbs/40/sentirse-como-pez-en-el-agua

http://ibericalanguages.com/es/expresiones-relacionadas-con-peces/

• Like 2

Nope.

To achive the goal to understand how to use this "catch phrases" the spanish usually speak the mood of a thing: "mas feliz que un regaliz" - happy as a candy - or "mas contento que unas castañuelas" - happiest as castanet -...coff coff ahem.

Sadly a direct tranlation or full understanding of a idiomatic expression for a foreigner is a nearly to impossible mission usually because some of this phrases has nearly common words, example: "cojones", "cajones" or even worse the same phrase change his meaning only changing the tone.

I don't understand your point in trying to criticize mistyronin, he is complimenting how the B.A.M look on Tanoa. I guess to each their own but I just don't understand some people why they have to always pick a fight. 

• Like 2

Really nice, I love it. BAM is outstanding. How do you lower RHIBs in the water ? :)

-Figured it out haha, stupid of me to ask something that obvious. 

Edited by MightyDusan

I don't understand your point in trying to criticize mistyronin, he is complimenting how the B.A.M look on Tanoa. I guess to each their own but I just don't understand some people why they have to always pick a fight. 

There's no fight here, is only a clarification about a spanish "catch phrase".

Mistyronin is speaking about a redundant one that usually we dont use because the reasons that I post before and I offer one proper explanation about the use "phrase" in good situation.

End OT.

There's no fight here, is only a clarification about a spanish "catch phrase".

Mistyronin is speaking about a redundant one that usually we dont use because the reasons that I post before and I offer one proper explanation about the use "phrase" in good situation.

End OT.

Why you always b*tching about everything, go do that somewhere else, but not here on the forums!

Why you always b*tching about everything, go do that somewhere else, but not here on the forums!

Stop derail the thread with personal attacks.

I don't see the shadows prob so show stopper... It might be possible to tweak later on. (and hello from another spaniard)

Just a quick question guys, is the B.A.M now available in the 3D editor? the version of the addon that i have doesn't show it when i am in the eden editor :/ 

Great work anyway!! :D 

does or will your mod include Spanish voice profiles?

I don't see the shadows prob so show stopper... It might be possible to tweak later on. (and hello from another spaniard)

Buenas!

Just a quick question guys, is the B.A.M now available in the 3D editor? the version of the addon that i have doesn't show it when i am in the eden editor :/ 

Great work anyway!! :D

No, hopefully a hotfix will be available after APEX release as we're right now doing some tweaks to introduce new "low level changes" (A lot of new commands/new config structure have been introduced in APEX/EDEN), giving all units a 3D editor Preview image and fixing some config errors (Be aware, expect some error log in your A3 after APEX release)

does or will your mod include Spanish voice profiles?

Including spanish voices implies doing more than 3000 (¿?) individual records at a reasonable quality and we cannot afford that right now, first because it will require extra human resource we do not have and definitely we haven't enough money to request such work to a profesional studio.

• Like 3