FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

Well.... after some internal hotfix over the last weeks here is it,

FFAA MOD 6.0.4 RELEASED

The new content, fixes and improvements are as follows but they are basically what we have announced in our last SITREP so we are going to quote the same:

VISTAS-BAM-300x188.png

B.A.M - Buque de Acción Marítima:

Configured as a mix between the real-life offshore patrol, diving support and some other modifications to bring a never-seen gameplay to Arma 3:

VISTAS-ZODIAC-300x157.png

Zodiac Hurricane:

A new RHIB model with FFV capability and up to 9 sits for special operations marines.

VISTAS-SEARCHER-300x159.png

IAI Searcher Mk III:

A new "toy" for ISTAR operatives, this UAV will enhance the capability of some of those units constantly monitoring and gathering sensitive information in MilSim missions.

ITEM-604-300x150.png

Refurbishing of all weapons, items and equipments:

It's time to start level up the look of near-all models and textures. This means, retextured and new backpacks, optics, vests and helmets/berets, completely new remastered sounds for all weapons (yes, new tail and soundsets introduced in EDEN update) or new reloading animations (No more "magic" reloadings). These are some of them:

• ELCAN Specter DR 4x Optic, Normal or ARD version.
  • Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 PM II.
  • Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 PM II LP.
  • G36 Bipod.
  • 5.56 mm Gemteh G5 silencer
  • New textures for backpacks, vest and some changes in the models (news or changed) both woodland and arid camo versions.
  • Retexturization of all helmets, including combat helmet, ACH and ProTec of MOE units.
  • New berets models for our units (FAMET, MOE, BRILAT, BRIMZ)
Low level changes to make ACE, TFAR and CBA JR compatible:

Many of you have been aware of some incompatibility with these addons and we will support them in this version so only the official compat .pbo distributed within ACE repository is needed. The official repository of ACE (GitHub) will be updated with those compat addons in his next update. For developers, feel free to fix those "potential" issues in GitHub if you find any bug as it'll be partially supported by us.

More than 60 issues fixes reported in our feedback tracker,

This is why we redirect all our players to directly report there, if you don't do that them we won't simply be aware of those issues!

Download link available in our official webpage

Greetings.

• Like 12

Genial! Me encanta el nuevo BAM! Muy buen trabajo! (Como siempre)

El BAM es sin duda, el mejor y más detallado buque en el mundo de Arma. 

Un pequeño apunte pero, el Editor Eden no parece que sea capaz de cargar el BAM (solo el 2D)

- - - 

Great! I love the new BAM! Really good work! (as always)

The BAM is without any doubt the best and most detailed ship in the Armaverse. 

A small little issue tho, the Eden editor doesn't seem to be able to load the BAM (only the 2D one).

Super Mod!

But I can`t load the B.A.M. in the Eden editor also!

• Like 1

Another bug I am experiencing is that it seems I cannot turn the main guns. The 50's will swivel, but not the cannons. Any ideas?  :huh:

Another bug I am experiencing is that it seems I cannot turn the main guns. The 50's will swivel, but not the cannons. Any ideas?  :huh:

Super Mod!

But I can`t load the B.A.M. in the Eden editor also!

Instead, use 2D Editor at this moment.

I hope this will be followed here in advance:

1. Go to FEEDBACK TRACKER

2. If not, sign up or login.

3. Make a new ticket (english or spanish, that makes no sense!), reporting what's happening, clear steps to reproduce in order to test by ourself and all relevant information explained there.

• Like 1

Nice job with the update, all of the new revisions to equipment really brings it all together. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the future :)

• Like 1

Instead, use 2D Editor at this moment.

I hope this will be followed here in advance:

1. Go to FEEDBACK TRACKER

2. If not, sign up or login.

3. Make a new ticket (english or spanish, that makes no sense!), reporting what's happening, clear steps to reproduce in order to test by ourself and all relevant information explained there.

b.a.m is not derivable and canon isn't work--is it a static object??

b.a.m is not derivable and canon isn't work--is it a static object??

Canon works. I dont think that the BAM is driveable yet tho.

• Like 1

canon isn't work--is it a static object??

You need to go to the top deck to make the cannon work. 

• Like 1

You need to go to the top deck to make the cannon work. 

sorry for my English :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

how?

Well, the main canon works, but not the other ones  :mellow:

Guys,

Sorry the lack of documentation, here is some non-obious features with come along the B.A.M.

- You have to go and enter to the command bridge (floor level 02), where you can control those 3 cannoss (main cannon and mk-38). A monitor will be displayed in front of you, you can switch between the weapons by clicking left or right arrows of your keyboard. Three operator can operate at the same time using differents weapons (it works in SP and MP environments).

- The submarine gate can be opened by two ways. One if by hands, at the left side (aligned with BAM heading) of the submarine room there is an "electrical panel" which you can open or close.

The other way is from the SDV, if you want enter to the B.A.M (Suppose you are under the B.A.M, ready to be recovered), then you have to follow the path and put yourself under STOP mark (Your head and STOP mark have to be vertically aligned) at 1-2 meters below, finally you will have an option to open the gate. Then move up and see your crane, other option will be displayed saying if you want to be recovered..

- Security fences from the landing deck can be switched by 3 positions. Recovered (Vertically up), Deployed for landing operations and without fences (vertically down), this can be changed by two "electrical panel" just below both stairs (communicating second deck and principal deck).

- There is a way to literally do a Naval boarding, if security fences are undeployed then player (even inside other vehicle, another zodiac for example or a "pirate" ship) then player will have the option to do the naval boarding at landing deck by climbing one of the stairs spawned for that.

- This is obious but Zodiac, Rubber duck (BI vehicle) and Supercat can be recovered by positioning in front of any of the cranes and decreasing your velocity at <5 and then an user action will be displayed. Be careful when you try to exit from your ship to B.A.M, you can fall to the sea!! Use an option displayed for this reason when you are totally recovered (Exit to B.A.M).

- You can lie and take a nap in any bed of the staterooms (just be awared when your unit is in combat) and dinner in the dinning room by sitting on chairs :P

This go to editors,
B.A.M come with some internal scripts which you can use to easily configure your ship.

- You can, for example, select what vehicles will respawn inside B.A.M (empty). By default two Zodiac hurricane will be respawned but this can be changed following this points:

If your B.A.M is called "_bam", and you want the right ship to be non-respawned then you have to do a setvariable to "_bam" with a varname "embarcacionderecha". Right ship -> "embarcacionderecha" or Left ship -> "embarcacionizquierda".

- You can "load" the BAM (and you save your time by manually setting the position/altitude) using the "ffaa_ar_bam\scripts\fnc_montar_bam.sqf" script.

This script can "load" a unit (_unit) inside the B.A.M depending of its type (At this time it can be a man, an helicopter, the UAV Station for UAV Searcher (ffaa_UAVStation), an SDV (all kindof SDV_01_base_F) and ship. Also It bear in mind if B.A.M is already loaded with some any vehicle (if right side is taken then it won't be loaded here, left side will be loaded instead).

An example of how this script work: ' null = [_bam,_zodiac1] execVM "\ffaa_ar_bam\scripts\fnc_montar_bam.sqf" ' A zodiac taken from your mission named "_zodiac1" will be loaded into B.A.M (First slot available)

If you keep loading other vehicles, it will be loaded gradually (if you want load many vehicles, think about doing a loop function loading all units which are near the B.A.M).

Man class will be spawned at the top of the landing deck.

- AS A TEMPORARY WORKAROUND TO 3D MISSION EDITIOR, you can spawn the B.A.M into 3D Editor by manually changing the classname in mission.sqm. How? Well, good editors don't need explanations but It's pretty simple.
Create an empty unit (no matter what is it) with desired heading and position. Save as user mission. Open mission.sqf and change the entity to "ffaa_ar_bam" (type="ffaa_ar_bam";). Open 3D Editor and your mission. B.A.M will be ready to be edited in 3D Mission Editor.

Note: B.A.M is a complex object, this means it's not a simple object and If you try to move to other position/heading then It will literally be splitted in 3 parts (don't be afraid, just reload your own mission)

Last, I post here a detailed schematic of the B.A.M, we consider release it to the public as it's a really long object (it's the same of what we have released before but some of you simply missed it).
Plano_BAM.jpg

• Like 9

Guys,

As a temporary workaround to 3D Editor, I just edited my post above in order to edit the B.A.M with 3D Mission Editor.

• Like 3

Hey great work guys ! I really appreciate the BAM Ship its definitely amazing work. Two Questions for you.  

Main question.  Is there a way to add the artillery computer to the 76mm main gun ? That would be a great support feature in dedicated servers. Maybe an addaction for the gunner ? or do you have to add it manually to the mod on the cfg itself ? I know the game has the artillery ballistic computer built in, we just want to utilize it for that particular gun ? enableEngineArtillery true can that work enabling the artillery engine ?

secondly i was able to hoist the sub up in the well deck however cant figure out how to lower it ? cant find the command.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the B.A.M. documentation / notes. VERY VERY helpful really appreciate the hard work and the fact you share that handwork with the community.

No reply on the sub lower or Adding artillery interface ?

Hi guys,
A member (Lorrio) has just share with us a wonderfull and very beautiful video of 6.0.4, It officially became the official video of 6.0.4 version, It's short but intense, enjoy it ;) !

Main question.  Is there a way to add the artillery computer to the 76mm main gun ? That would be a great support feature in dedicated servers. Maybe an addaction for the gunner ? or do you have to add it manually to the mod on the cfg itself ? I know the game has the artillery ballistic computer built in, we just want to utilize it for that particular gun ? enableEngineArtillery true can that work enabling the artillery engine ?

76 mm main gun it's not really an "Artillery battery" IRL, but we will see in further rev. if we can add that feature in order to increase player gameplay so at this time artillery support from B.A.M isn't available.

secondly i was able to hoist the sub up in the well deck however cant figure out how to lower it ? cant find the command.

Here is some more command you can use for B.A.M:

Use "_nil = [_bam,_sub] execvm ""\FFAA_ar_bam\scripts\grua_sub.sqf"";" command. It works in two ways, to lower down or recover up the sub (When down it will recover, when up it will lower down).

For lateral cranes use "_nil = [_bam,1,_zodiac] execvm ""\FFAA_ar_bam\scripts\grua_lateral.sqf"";" where second parameter index is "0 - Right side, 1 - Left side".

And for Rear crane use "_nil = [_bam,0,_zodiac] execvm ""\FFAA_ar_bam\scripts\grua_trasera.sqf"";" second parameter makes nothing.

There is an issue reported in our feedback tracker where AS532 Cougar (Camouflage) doesn't appear when you put it directly in 2D/3D Editor. Well, this can be easily fixed by adding a line into config.cpp, but editors can still access to these camo, just edit the 3DEN Object atributtes and change his skin.

• Like 2

That is one EPIC looking video!!

Just downloaded it I have to say amazing.The best part which everyone can agree on is the BAM. Amazing work awaiting the day it can move around and be landed on while moving :D Plus with RHS makes for a great play :) Not sure if it's been asked before though but will there be any chance of the BAM being available by itself? 

Just downloaded it I have to say amazing.The best part which everyone can agree on is the BAM. Amazing work awaiting the day it can move around and be landed on while moving :D Plus with RHS makes for a great play :) Not sure if it's been asked before though but will there be any chance of the BAM being available by itself? 

They already said that they won´t publish anything out of this mod seperatly. Sry mate :(