FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

Hey there tested out the mod and had a really fun time with it. Lighting with the EMU is pretty awsome haha. But i didnt notice there is somthing up with the apc.. the rounds dont explode even when i am using the right type of rounds i can hear the explosion from the rounds just cant see it. Also This mod really needs sea based units or somthing that can transport everything... some kind of cargo ship or somthing so you can move tanks across islands and what not.

Also This mod really needs sea based units or somthing that can transport everything... some kind of cargo ship or somthing so you can move tanks across islands and what not.
Don't worry, they're already planning such. Didn't you see the BAM screenshots and video on the prior page(s)? :) Also, their official roadmap specifies both a LPD and LHD, both of which have aft/stern well decks, so they both should support landing craft. (Here and here are a pair of screenshots of the LPD's well deck as of mid-November 2013.)

wow thats amazing i havent seen anything about the ship that can hold landing craft! i actually like to play on dariyah islands and use a landing craft but more then 80% of the map is sea so it be nice to have better access to the islands from other ships. Just use the Burnes landing craft and the ivory fridget. Hope there is some type of apc that can go in water also. Tested all the new vehicles on this map and they all drive in deep water witch is nice but i did notice that the APC again has another issue and it wont die in water i can drive as far as i want into the sea and not die.... gonna post a screenshot for u here

---------- Post added at 06:15 ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 ----------

2014-09-07_00025_zps7db1ab29.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:17 ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 ----------

2014-09-07_00026_zps0d7f2ded.jpg

Here is the BAM design, here LPD design, and here is the LHD design. I was mistaken to mention the BAM though, since as HMJ_Major said, "only have helicopter dock and hangar for aerial ops, and aerial suplys". (The LHD design is also used by Australia as the Canberra-class... which, by the way, appears in VBS2.)

Wouuu! The best feedback we have received for now!

Okay, first at all we are very happy to know you like it.

We have noted the things you've listed, It's very useful for us find post like you do. Concerning at the trademarks, In fact some of the vehicles have been done by photos they sent us!! BAE, Tiger...

That weird shadows it's on the textures source, not in models, right?

Yes, you are right but we have focused on the content available (BRILAT, GOE and FAMET)... It's really too easy to add insignias to the game so we will add more in the next update.

But i didnt notice there is somthing up with the apc.. the rounds dont explode even when i am using the right type of rounds i can hear the explosion from the rounds just cant see it.
Tested all the new vehicles on this map and they all drive in deep water witch is nice but i did notice that the APC again has another issue and it wont die in water i can drive as far as i want into the sea and not die....

Can you please report it on our feedback tracker?

Don't worry, they're already planning such. Didn't you see the BAM screenshots and video on the prior page(s)? :)
wow thats amazing i havent seen anything about the ship that can hold landing craft! i actually like to play on dariyah islands and use a landing craft but more then 80% of the map is sea so it be nice to have better access to the islands from other ships. Just use the Burnes landing craft and the ivory fridget.

Yes, actually I can suppose he didn't see the "hidden" spoiler on the previous post jajaja To be more clear what's going on.... ;)

BAM1.jpg

BAM2.jpg

BAM3.jpg

BAM4.jpg

As Chortles stated, the BAM will have an helicopter dock (as you see on the images) for aerial ops and aerial supplies, also it will be drivable and walkable (at certain point) as it doesn't exceed too much the geometric limits.

Edited by Mickyleitor

oh wow i saw this in the video 2 pages back but damn its looking even better then it did. Do you have any photos of the other ships u are working on? Let me know if you need anyone to help test and give feedback ive helps alot of modders on here.

That weird shadows it's on the textures source, not in models, right?

I'm glad that my "picky" feedback can be helpful :)

Regarding the weird shadows, yes, they seem to be related to the textures; it's like if one of the layers that conform the texture got "activated" in certain times, I'll try to take a screenshot the next time I see it!

Have you considered to create a thread in the "Completed Addons" section of this forums, I think it would reach more people ( hence more support, votes and missions :)

Do you have any photos of the other ships u are working on?

Not at this time as we are working forward to get the BAM full working for the MANW contest.

Have you considered to create a thread in the "Completed Addons" section of this forums, I think it would reach more people ( hence more support, votes and missions :)

The fact is this mod practically will be in constant update (Considering the roadmap we have it will..) so at certain point it will never be complete ... But we will consider create a NEW thread (not moving this topic but creating a new) for the mayor updates like 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and here the updates like roadmap, some random photos...

APCs are looking good also found this on google images haha

Yes, those are the ported vehicles (BMR in this case) from Arma 2 but as you've noticed the low res and detail model don't fit well with our present content..

The fact is this mod practically will be in constant update (Considering the roadmap we have it will..) so at certain point it will never be complete ... But we will consider create a NEW thread (not moving this topic but creating a new) for the mayor updates like 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and here the updates like roadmap, some random photos...

Well, as far as I've seen the "Complete" section of this forums it means more "playable" that fully completed. In fact most of the mods/addons in the completed forum are constantly being updated ( some even every couple weeks or so ) and showing constant WIP info.

While the ones that are in the "Discussion" forum are the ones that are yet to have any playable content.

I say it, because probably most of the users of this forums are missing this awesome mod, because they thing it's not playable yet. Which is far from reality, specially after the last update that added tons of awesome stuff.

@ lincolnlou: From what I saw on the previous page, the team is focusing on the BAM patrol boat/vessel instead of the ones "that can hold landing craft", I guess because (as Mickleitor said) the BAM ("Maritime Action Ship") is small enough to be both drivable when everyone's seated and walkable when it's stopped, and it can carry/support one helicopter (presumably the SH-60 Seahawk mentioned in the roadmap's Armada Pack, although the NH90 in FFAA 6.0.3 should be supported) at a time in the hangar. While we're at it, have some external and internal views of the BAM.

If the BAM could somehow also fit a sufficiently small enough and light enough vehicle onboard -- on the roadmap, only the VAMTAC was light enough -- then presumably the helicopter would be able to sling load it and thus airlift it to shore in-game...

@ lincolnlou: From what I saw on the previous page, the team is focusing on the BAM patrol boat/vessel instead of the ones "that can hold landing craft", I guess because (as Mickleitor said) the BAM ("Maritime Action Ship") is small enough to be both drivable when everyone's seated and walkable when it's stopped, and it can carry/support one helicopter (presumably the SH-60 Seahawk mentioned in the roadmap's Armada Pack, although the NH90 in FFAA 6.0.3 should be supported) at a time in the hangar. While we're at it, have some external and internal views of the BAM.

If the BAM could somehow also fit a sufficiently small enough and light enough vehicle onboard -- on the roadmap, only the VAMTAC was light enough -- then presumably the helicopter would be able to sling load it and thus airlift it to shore in-game...

I see but thats pretty awsome you can still have a light vehicle on the ship and a helicopter.Do you know if the ship uses cruise missiles or anything? Be really amazing using some kind of guided missile system

is small enough to be both drivable when everyone's seated and walkable when it's stopped

You are correct. As much as we can do it's an attach script to avoid the poor of funcionality Arma 3 engine have regarding on the ships and his physics...

I see but thats pretty awsome you can still have a light vehicle on the ship and a helicopter.Do you know if the ship uses cruise missiles or anything? Be really amazing using some kind of guided missile system

Currently It's on development but I can assure it won't have "cruise missiles" like Tomhawk or other stuff, if it will have then it will be AA missile against air threats but I can't assure too much.

Edited by Mickyleitor

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Tisor) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Having checked the sling-loading "rules", I can say that yes, an appropriately-configured helicopter could airlift an appropriately-configured and light enough object or vehicle -- or even a boat/submersible into the water! -- and both of the 'naval' helicopters mentioned in the roadmap would have the same sling-load 'capacity' of four (4) metric tons as the Ghosthawk and Mohawk.

The BAM in real life isn't even armed with missiles -- although the 'beta' video showed the AA missiles that Mickyleitor mentioned -- but rather a 76 mm main gun, a pair of remote-controlled 25 mm autocannons, and a pair of .50-cal/12.7 heavy machine guns. Both the LHD and LPD are also guns-only other than countermeasures, it's the frigates (Ãlvaro de Bazán-class and Santa María-class) that would have missiles (both AA and anti-ship), torpedoes, and their own main guns.

Nice improvements on FFAA, Mickyleitor! The weapons and gear textures are much more sharp and the new vehicles are awesome, but the "magic voodoo reload" enherited from A2 animations is really annoying, hope you guys can at least add A3 reload animations (the MX or Skorpion animations would be a good placeholder while you add the proper G26, MG4, MP5 etc custom anims) on your roadmap!

But as a measure of faith and gratitude you guys already have my vote on MANW contest!

!Saludos!

Great Mod,

found one bug though: You can't sit in the rear seats of the VAMTAC (UME).

ah yes! The eurocopter. Love that helicopter. Nice, swift, and easy to fly helicopter in arma series. Almost like the little bird but more sensitivity to the controls. Good luck and nice job so far mate! ;)

;2772675']but the "magic voodoo reload" enherited from A2 animations is really annoying' date=' hope you guys can at least add A3 reload animations (the MX or Skorpion animations would be a good placeholder while you add the proper G26, MG4, MP5 etc custom anims) on your roadmap![/quote']

All reload animations have been taken by A3 reload animations, not a ported A2 anim as you stated. On the other hand.. yes, we should do new reload animations for, for example, the AW50 or M95.

Great Mod,

found one bug though: You can't sit in the rear seats of the VAMTAC (UME).

Please report that on our feedback tracker.

If some of you found a bug then don't post here, report directly on our feedback tracker as our development team might not read this.

Edited by Mickyleitor

Mickyleitor are there any screens of the 6.0.3 stuff? The cougar helo or the LMV? :)

Are there any plans to also include the new sling load system? It would be awesome to use the strength of the Chinook with the new ropes!

No, the only screens we have for now are the screens you see on this thread.. I've this or this photo about the cockpit of the cougar but nothing more, that's all we can show for now. Regarding to the LMV, it's on our "workshop" in constant development so I can't show you nothing more.

The new sling load system is in a very early state for now ... This means the new system probably will be changed many times and we will not take risks about that (with MANW contest involved on October ), when sling load system is ok then we will start develop with the new stuff. So answering your question yes, we plans (but not soon) implement the new system load and also the new RotorLib on our content. Anyway, for who cannot wait to transport vehicles or do fast rope it's possible right now on 6.0.2 version with the Chinnok through scripts.

Edited by Mickyleitor

so there was enough time were is version 6.0.3 ?!

just kidding, nice work on 6.0.2.

i really like the vamtac´s and the new textures for the g36er