FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

Hello guys,

Finally it's here, the big SITREP and the Roadmap we have set up for our releases and proposals. This is needed because this is a big project that involve many efforts and time. So to get a clear idea of the project we have elaborated this roadmap.

roadmap-lite.png

(Click the image to view with full detail)

First at all, you can see we have divided the Roadmap on 3 parts (short, medium and long term) so let's go to short-term first.

At short term we have 6.0.2 and later 6.0.3 version. Probably the 6.0.2 will be the version we will present at MANW contest (later explained) and It will include the following:

- Vamtac series (8 variants) - Cardom, Crows, Lag 40, M2, Mistral, Tow, Mobile Workshop and Ume/Transport version.

- Static weapons - Lag 40, M2 Machine gun, Milan, Mistral, Spike and Tow tripods.

- Santana Anibal vehicle (later it will be able to attach trailers).

- ASCOD Pizarro - See the latest images above.

The following addons have been updated from A2 to A3 to equalize the same cuality and perfomance that A3 vanilla content. For example, All G36 have been retexturized and BRILAT&MOE uniforms have been adapted to A3 soldiers.

- A new retexturized G36 Weapon (It needed) - AG36, G36E and G36K series.

- New BRILAT & MOE soldiers. See the woodland, desert camouflage images.

That's all content for 6.0.2 version, If there aren't setbacks then won't be changes for this version.

For 6.0.3 version we haven't fixed the final content but the idea is release the following addons:

- Vamtac (2 variants) - Station and Ambulance version.

- The emblemathic Iveco LMV Lince.

- The Eurocopter AS 532 Cougar helicopter. See the interior/exterior images.

- NHIndustries NH90 helicopter.

- EC665 Tiger attack helicopter.

- Some IVECO M-260 and Pegaso trucks (Transport, Ammunition or Fuel version).

- Mula FOX-15D car (Transport, Ammunition and Opened (this variant will be able to load static weapons) version).

- Leopard 2E Tank

- And more addon not confirmed yet.

As I stated before, the 6.0.3 is subject to changes, the same for subsequent versions at medium-long term. There are many addon preplanned at medium-long term and we have tried represent all of them on the roadmap, some of them are:

- Bandvagn 206 (TOW) - WIP

- Airbus A400M - WIP

- Lockheed C130

- Eurofighter Typhoon 2000 - WIP

- VEC M1

- BMR M1 - First port to A3

- B1 Centauro Tank

Later, at long term we have divided on 2 parts. ARMADA and EOD pack.

As the name says, the ARMADA pack will have content related to marine vehicles and the EOD pack will have content related to Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Vehicles and extra content like UAVs (see roadmap image).

- The ARMADA pack has been delayed due to major issues like the geometric LOD limit (yes, we know we can do it as static ships) so that's why we have represented it at long term. And yes, we have for example LCM-1E and Supercat boat working but we consider it have no real effect without LPD L-51 Galicia or LHD Juan Carlos I (In fact LCM-1E gets out of these ships).

In the long (extreme) term we have some addons not considered at medium term due to the high priority of the previous addons. And the big map "Fortis Ventu" in development, which development can be visited here, this new map intend to simulate the entire island of Fuerteventura. Due to its characteristics and its large size give the game a unique experience to our Spanish units.

And that's all related to content. If you look the roadmap you will see a text like "Compatible with some community addons". This means we have an optional settings (separated or included pbo's) that do compatible some of the content with some community addon. For example, we have integrated the ASDG Joint rail mod for weapons (and it will be available soon), allowing FFAA Optics adapt to any weapon (vanilla or another mod).

Or you can see the "Heavily integration and compatibility with many addons" that means we will work hard to get, for example, TFAR mod completely integrated on EC665 Tiger radio system (interactive cockpit).

The next point is the inclusion of our mod on Workshop for addons. Well, this is a complicated topic because our mod is more than 1-2 GB (Maybe more with full content) and for now workshop for addon is limited to pbo (separately) so we are not allowed include out mod. Another problem we have to look more in deep is the license and rights when we upload our mod to steam platform (It's discussed many times on another topics) because we don't want to give full right to steam platform, right? This is a topic we have to study. Workshop for addons is VERY useful for fixes reported on our feedback tracker in this way we can fix them instantly.

Refering to Make Arma Not War contest... yes, we have plans to participate in. But for the same reasons of workshop for addons we have look more in deep the requirements (probably we will contact to BI for some questions like the maximum weight of the mod or other stuffs). The last day to update any addon participating on the MANW contest is 28 of October so we will present the 6.0.2 version even if we update the mod later (this is another question for BI).

The reasons to present the 6.0.2 version MANW contest are 1. The time, we haven't enough time to release 6.0.3 version before 28 of October and we don't have that need. 2. With 6.0.2 version there are enough variety of content (except air vehicles). In fact will be more than 10 vehicles, 1 Tank (ASCOD) and all static/normal weapon of FFAA.

As always we have our feedback tracker allowing us to detect with your helps some bugs on the mod.

We hope you have now a clear idea of our intentions/idea (at medium term) of the FFAA mod for Arma 3, relating to the future/new content, our position on the MANW / Workshop for addons and when the new content will be (short, medium and long term) to establish priorities.

Have a great summer!

Greetings,

FFAA MOD team.

Edited by Mickyleitor
Forgot about the Fortus Ventu Map

Always good to know about you Mickyleitor, really cool roadmap :)

Can't wait for the 6.0.2.

I wish you a nice & sunny ( but not too hot ) summer to all the team!

Hello guys,

As you should know the patch 1.24 for Arma 3 has been released, breaking all weapon sound of FFAA mod. We have published a patch fixing this. Also we have fixed some issues reported on our feedback tracker (not all).

You can see the change log on our webpage, also the download link to the full mod (soundfix applied) or the Soundfix patch (for existing users having the mod) is on the download section.

Greetings,

FFAA MOD Team

Edited by Mickyleitor

Great, it is not 6.0.2 yet, but at least all the previous weapons got back working!

Saludos!

Hello guys,

Released a hotfix for 6.0.1 version, available on FFAA MOD webpage.

This hotfix fix a bug reported by distractor2004, noted on issue 53 and a small tweak on G36 models.

Anyway, if you are having some issues we ask you to PLEASE report it on our feedback tracker because we are reading people commenting on many webs and we cannot reach or read them.

We appreciate your feedback and support!

If this has not been reported already, the Arma 3 Sniper units are missing their scopes again. I believe the problem started again after the 1.24 patch. Keep up the great work!

I came here today for the EC635 WIP shot on page 1..

What I found was some of the most detailed and thuroughly scrubbed ARMA 3 modeling work I've ever seen. You've riled up an entire forum and group of players pretty much. Congrats gents. I almost feel like I missed out on something magical by never stumbling across this mod in ARMA 2. Looks like I'm gonna have to reinstall the game and check it out.

Please, please, pretty please bring that EC-135 to life. ;) It's a beautiful helicopter I would love to share with my team in ARMA 3.

Aside from that, keep up the good work, keep your spirits high and don't listen to the asshats who post in here demanding release dates or access to the software for testing purposes. Those of who know how to wait for a damn good thing will be here waiting, patiently, maybe quietly, but waiting for release none-the-less.

Should update the EC635 to its current model if you guys do decide to go through with it.

http://img.planespotters.net/photo/326000/original/329-Eurocopter-Deutschland-Eurocopter-EC635_PlanespottersNet_326421.jpg (1003 kB)

Edited by Handicap

Hi all.

Some time now since we don't drop any update around here. If you're following us on Twitter, you could have seen some WIP pictures about some of our brand new vehicles.

Let me drop some of them here for you:

BuXLRRJCYAA2WKF.png

BuD5yc4CEAAMbch.jpg

BuXK0_fCEAAg8c6.png

So, what's going on now? According to our roadmap, we still working full ahead for version 6.0.3, while we have been working of some hotfix for that game changes.

Also, work has started to get deeper in RotorLib Dynamics. The CH47 has entered an overhaul where we are starting to implement the new dynamics. Hard to start with a tandem rotor, but we will try!! Of course, all new helicopters will feature custom settings according to real world data. Is one of our focuses.

Finally, we'd like to inform you that we have took the final step making our entry to Make Arma Not War contest. If you are want to support us, please visit our entry.

Thank you all for you comments, and keep tunned!!

FFAA Dev Team

It's always nice to know from you Tisor!

Awesome that you made it to the contest ( although there is something weird, your entry appears in the addon section instead of the total modification ).

I guess it was obvious, but you already got my vote.

I'd already seen some of the pics in the Twitter and so on, but it's always a pleasure for the eye. :bounce3:

( although there is something weird, your entry appears in the addon section instead of the total modification ).

We took the decision to make it to the addon category. The reason is simple, we are not totally modifying the game. We are just adding some content you can play with on it.

We took the decision to make it to the addon category. The reason is simple, we are not totally modifying the game. We are just adding some content you can play with on it.

Oh, I thought that the Addon category meant one single vehicle / weapon / unit or combination of them. And Total Modification meant a group of addons ( I haven't investigated much on the subject ).

From what I can tell the idea is supposed to be "asset(s)" versus "game-changer"... the former is just more Arma, the latter is--

*coughsearchingforthenextDayZnotintermsofzombiesurvivalbutratherthenextcashcowforBIcough*

Three videos of some vehicles ModFFAA in BETA version Arma3 running on land, sea and air.

Leopardo2E

HerculesC130

BAM Maritime Action Ship

If you want to support the ModFFAA Bohemia in the contest you can do so by voting here

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/2Nvm9bPQHl

This helps to create more content and you can see in the videos.

Looking awesome! I felt specially in love with the BAM :)

Are all of them gonna be in the next update? with the Pizarro and so on?

Hello MistyRonin,

No, the new stuff available in the next update it's exactly the same as it has been planned on our Roadmap (which will be available VERY soon).

Also take in mind these videos contain the content on a very early state, just to let the community know we don't stop working on all this stuff.

As a proof, on this spoiler you can check the whole new BAM model and textures.. which really looks great!

See you soon ;)

Hello MistyRonin,

No, the new stuff available in the next update it's exactly the same as it has been planned on our Roadmap (which will be available VERY soon).

Also take in mind these videos contain the content on a very early state, just to let the community know we don't stop working on all this stuff.

As a proof, on this spoiler you can check the whole new BAM model and textures.. which really looks great!

Really awesome!

I really think that ship is gonna rock in Arma 3, can't wait for it :)

Talking about the Armada, is there any plans for the IM? ( I did some exercises with them, are awesome, specially the guys of the UOE; although I think they now have another name ).

It's gonna be funny to ride in the Santana Anibal as I've rode it in real life ( I've also been in one of the Spanish C-130 in Zaragoza, well there I even got inside an Ala 15's F18 a lot of years ago ).

The next update is gonna be outstanding having so many VAMTACs; although I must confess that I'm really waiting for 6.0.3 with the LMVs, the NH90s, Cougar, Tigre and so on :)

That ship looks so amazing.. hope to see this soon. Idea with the ship... it be awsome if there is a load and unload for the cargo in that ship.. be cool to be able to store a truck or supplys

That ship looks so amazing.. hope to see this soon. Idea with the ship... it be awsome if there is a load and unload for the cargo in that ship.. be cool to be able to store a truck or supplys

BAM is similar to patrol boats, are designed for naval combat, by this only have helicopter dock and hangar for aerial ops, and aerial suplys.

So not that different in concept from the HMNZS Te Kaha (F 77) mod then...

The Te Kaha is a frigate ( full armed with torpedoes, missiles, etc. ) while the BAM is a oceanic patrol ship ( with a cannon and few machineguns ). The first is manned by almost four times more crew than the second. You can't compare. It's like comparing a M1A1 Abrams with a M113.

Check the "General characteristics" section:

- HMNZS Te Kaha (F77)

- Buque de Acción Marítima

On the other hand they are also working in other ships of the Spanish Navy, Armada, including the Galicia LPD, the Alvaro de Bazan frigate , etc.

Edited by MistyRonin

Hi guys,

We are pleased to present you our next update, the 6.0.2 version is available now on our download page.

As it has been stated before on our Roadmap and on the previous posts, this version bring to the game more new content like almost all VAMTAC series, the Santana Anibal car, the VCI Pizarro, improved weapons and new uniforms like BRILAT and MOE. Also, a total of 5 new detailed vests models with woodland and desert camo (we will do the pixelated in the future) and equipments.

As most of you know, we are participating on the Make Arma Not War contest and with this version we expect to get more support of the community with this news!! Maybe before MANW contest ends we get a new updated for the contest as we are working very hard to get some new (big and relevant) vehicles :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can support us by voting

HERE, this will help us a lot to get more content in the future.

Here is a detailed list I've done on the MANW section with all content available for the 6.0.2:

- Weapons and Accessories pack, with more than 50 models, featuring a bunch of G36 Variants, the MG4, the Ameli and much more.

- All Static weapons of Spanish FFAA

- A detailed Units pack, featuring BRILAT, MOE and FAMET, all with desert and woodland camo.

- Santana Aníbal 4x4 car

arma3_ffaa_mod_anibal_santana_wip2.jpg

arma3_ffaa_mod_anibal_santana_wip1.jpg

- The known RG-31 MRAP.

- URO Vamtac S3 vehicles (Vehículo de Alta Movilidad Táctica) with 7 different models.

- Our first Armored vehicle VCI (ASCOD) Pizarro with detailed interior and exterior model.

- CH47D Troops transport helicopter with Desert and Woodland camo (rapel and cargo functions)

On the other hand, we expect to get more content on the community related to the missions (right now there are a very low amount of missions published for the mod) so to help the community to develop more missions with our mod, we have published a very comfortable table with all classnames, if you have any suggestion about this table let us know!! There are some missing things but we expect to finish that soon.

Also, we have created new boxes (Weapons, Launchers, Special Purpose, Grenades, Ammunition, Support, Vehicle Ammo, Supply crate, Vests and Backpacks boxes).

You can visit the classnames by clicking here.

Remember we have a feedback tracker to report any bug on the mod, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Enjoy the new 6.0.2 update!!

Follow us on our twitter and facebook page to know minor updates.

Edited by Mickyleitor

Hi guys,

We are pleased to present you our next update, the 6.0.2 version is available now on our download page.

As it has been stated before on our Roadmap and on the previous posts, this version bring to the game more new content like almost all VAMTAC series, the Santana Anibal car, the VCI Pizarro, improved weapons and new uniforms like BRILAT and MOE. Also, a total of 5 new detailed vests models with woodland and desert camo (we will do the pixelated in the future) and equipments.

As most of you know, we are participating on the Make Arma Not War contest and with this version we expect to get more support of the community with this news!! Maybe before MANW contest ends we get a new updated for the contest as we are working very hard to get some new (big and relevant) vehicles :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can support us by voting

HERE, this will help us a lot to get more content in the future.

Here is a detailed list I've done on the MANW section with all content available for the 6.0.2:

- Weapons and Accessories pack, with more than 50 models, featuring a bunch of G36 Variants, the MG4, the Ameli and much more.

- All Static weapons of Spanish FFAA

- A detailed Units pack, featuring BRILAT, MOE and FAMET, all with desert and woodland camo.

- Santana Aníbal 4x4 car

- The known RG-31 MRAP.

- URO Vamtac S3 vehicles (Vehículo de Alta Movilidad Táctica) with 7 different models.

- Our first Armored vehicle VCI (ASCOD) Pizarro with detailed interior and exterior model.

- CH47D Troops transport helicopter with Desert and Woodland camo (rapel and cargo functions)

On the other hand, we expect to get more content on the community related to the missions (right now there are a very low amount of missions published for the mod) so to help the community to develop more missions with our mod, we have published a very comfortable table with all classnames, if you have any suggestion about this table let us know!! There are some missing things but we expect to finish that soon.

Also, we have created new boxes (Weapons, Launchers, Special Purpose, Grenades, Ammunition, Support, Vehicle Ammo, Supply crate, Vests and Backpacks boxes).

You can visit the classnames by clicking here.

Remember we have a feedback tracker to report any bug on the mod, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Enjoy the new 6.0.2 update!!

Follow us on our twitter and facebook page to know minor updates.

All I can say is, great job downloading now and cannot wait to use it :D

First things first: Thank you very much for this outstanding work :D

I'm really happy because know we have a LOT more cool content to play with ( I personally love the mortar mounted in the VAMTAC, the whole Pizarro and it's awesome textures and the following "bullet time" effect of the Spike missile ).

The new uniforms, vests, the Anibal and the insignias are a really cool addition too :)

That are hundreds of fun hours for sure! :bounce3:

As you are participating in the MANW contest I'm gonna be really picky and list some of the things I think you could improve, so you can get the best possible entry:

- The vehicle's wheels's textures and models look low res compared to the vanilla ones.

- The barbed wire in front of the VAMTAC lacks detail.

- The CROWS turret both in the VAMTAC and in the RG31 looks too clean, it should have some dirt, scratches, etc. to make them realistic.

- Most of the backpacks lack detail, specially the paramedic ones.

- I think you can't use real trademarks in the contest entry without the explicit permission of the company ( URO, Altus, etc. ).

- Sometimes there are weird shadows in the biceps part of the uniform, where the flag and the patches are.

- In the Anibal Santana's driving wheel, the center doesn't move ( while in RL it does ).

- The Cetme L, the Ameli and the C90 need some texture revamp ( I know that the Cetme L is old and not used, but it's a classic ).

- More insignias! ( you left a lot of units out, like Engineers, BRIPAC, Communications, light infantry, etc. )

- If I'm not wrong there should be a way to also add insigneas to the vehicles ( would look cool to have the unit shields in the vehicles doors ).

- You have to pass the ITV of all your vehicles or you are gonna get fined by the Guardia Civil.

On that matter the truth is that I've had already some ideas in mind for a long time, I was just waiting for more assets to make them real. But with this update I'm gonna start working on some SP missions ( that may become a SP campaign too ). I'm not good with the MP ones.

Keep it up with the good work and I'm sure your mod will top the addon's section of the contest :)

Edited by MistyRonin