FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

Yesterday we do some test with some content, here little pics of RG-31, big work from all the team, viewing last steps to be ready for first release.

arma3 2014-01-15 23-36-46-990

arma3 2014-01-16 13-10-29-347

arma3 2014-01-16 13-09-30-923

arma3 2014-01-16 13-06-36-861

arma3 2014-01-16 13-06-01-954

arma3 2014-01-16 13-10-16-382

Does the RG31 have the ITV patch on the windscreen or its my subconscious? Anyway great job, the uniforms look awesome.

Does the RG31 have the ITV patch on the windscreen or its my subconscious? Anyway great job, the uniforms look awesome.

Yes, is there... but it's expired... is pending this year revision for the release :D

For those not understanding ITV, it is an abbreviation for Inspección Técnica de Vehículos (Vehicle Inspection).

Does the RG31 have a hatch you can poke your head through / turn out?

In the first realease no dont have that option, in next updates maybe.

That looks rad! Can't wait to get my hand on it :)

A better view of the Pizarro light tank.

Kudos for Skypwarrior for the video.

Good morning all!

Situation update:

The 3rd Spanish Simulation Championship has been announced, and with it, the FFAA 6.0.1 Lite version. It will be released in mid-February!

FFAA 6.0.1 Lite will be featuring a limited version of the mod, including all the weapons (some of them still WIP and will be updated in further versions), troops and some vehicles, like the RG-31, among others.

In the other hand, the mod will be ONLY available trought our new FFAA Launcher. The reason why we have chosen to create a very own launcher is the facility to us to release small updates without the need of uploading gigas and gigas of information to the network in a compressed file. With that option, we can just update one file and the Launcher will make the rest in the client computer. Launcher is programmed in Java so shouldn't be giving any problems in different versions of Windows.

We will try to make the launcher available in both Spanish and English versions at the time of the release, but it is not priority. If we are not able, will attach a detailed "translation" on the process to update your files (Shouldn't be difficult btw.)

Here you have a screenshot of how it is looking at the moment, while work still in progress:

launcher.jpg

More information to come on the next days.

Regards

Edited by Tisor

Appreciate your effort, it's an outstanding mod I can't wait to play with.

Is that means the only thing I have to do is to download the launcher and no need to download any update files in the futrue?

There are quite a few number of contents in this mod I look forward to, particularly the MRAP, Landing Craft and the mighty LHD! Hope to see some more info soon on the LHD btw, its been out of the scene for a while.

------------

Is that means the only thing I have to do is to download the launcher and no need to download any update files in the futrue?

I believe the launcher downloads the mod and

is the facility to us to release small updates without the need of uploading gigas and gigas of information to the network in a compressed file.

There are quite a few number of contents in this mod I look forward to, particularly the MRAP, Landing Craft and the mighty LHD! Hope to see some more info soon on the LHD btw, its been out of the scene for a while.
Not a LHD, but the Galicia-class is an impressive looker in its own right. ;)

We found a big problem with the LHD, as the ArmA 3 does not allow such a big geometry, so for the moment we decided to focus on other contents while BI thinks if the wanna let the big things work or not.

Regarding the launcher, only thing you will need to download manually are the launcher updates itself (the .exe). All the mod content will be updated trought the launcher.

@ Tisor: That's unfortunate to hear re: "the LHD"; did you find the solutions of Gnat, mankyle, and TeTeT (for Arma 3 "big ship" mods) unworkable for what you wanted out of the Galicia-class and/or the Juan Carlos I (L61)?

The problem is that the geometry lod is limited to 60x60x60 if I'm not wrong... so, the Galicia is around 200m long I think, which is limiting the capability of making in drivable. We are expecting changes on that by BI or we'll have to make it static :(

i personally think that the big ships should stay static because it would make no sense for staging a mission from a LHD-esque ship and would not have a reason to move because they are most in of the mods, invincible.

The problem is that the geometry lod is limited to 60x60x60 if I'm not wrong... so, the Galicia is around 200m long I think, which is limiting the capability of making in drivable. We are expecting changes on that by BI or we'll have to make it static :(

I'm afraid you'll have to bite the bullet on that one, ever since OFP the larger ships have had to be statics.

Plus if it's movable it increases tenfold the risk of players clipping through the damn thing.

Mate Im sure Australian Armaholics would love to see the LHD included - they're the exact same ships as what we have due to come into service this year, even if its a static object. Better than nothing, and both forces will finally be able to stage ops from the sea. :)

Mate Im sure Australian Armaholics would love to see the LHD included - they're the exact same ships as what we have due to come into service this year, even if its a static object. Better than nothing, and both forces will finally be able to stage ops from the sea. :)

I second this notion :)

That's the Arma 2 limit -- but both Chops and mankyle declared that Chops' Arleigh Burke-class destroyer was actually a single mesh, yet still a driveable vehicle.
You're thinking of the Juan Carlos I (L61)/Canberra-class, though that was also announced for FFAA 6.0. :)

Speaking of which, incidentally, BISim's already done up the Canberra-class, with WIP renders here (the lower-right-most screenshot showing the "cutaway" interior is NOT a VBS2 render) and here (all VBS2).

FFAA 6.0.1 Lite Looking out the window!

Yes, we know it has been a long time without any update... but we had a good reason for it. We have been working very hard on the last details for the first pack we will be releasing, and it's almost ready!

It's been tested now by the Spanish Community in the Spanish Simulation Championship, and the feedback is helping us to fix some bugs. In the other hand, work has been done on the Launcher, which is allmost ready after a lot of problems..

So, what does this mean? FFAA Lite is allmost here. We are fixing the last bugs and waiting for the approval of all the team, so they are happy with their work, to release the Lite version.

This version includes:

• Weapons Pack
  • Infantry: BRILAT, FAMET & MOE
  • CH47 Chinook + Custom Rapel Script
  • RG-31 MK5 Nyala

Note: Maybe more vehicles could be included before the public release

Here you can see a preview of the two vehicles. (Click on them for better image quality)

Lite_Chinook_LQ.jpg

Lite_RG31_LQ.jpg

Keep tuned! We are allmost there!! :D