FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

Will the mod have particles like this video from VBS2?

And will there be similar weapon systems as shown in the video?

Will the mod have particles like this video from VBS2?
[/url]

And will there be similar weapon systems as shown in the video?

I don't have information about this now. Submarines are in the background for the moment, as we are focusing first in other type of model-scripting.

I'm sorry.

A little WIP photo, directly taken from our modeller's screen, about the right side of the Tiger Cockpit:

BTlgkxUIUAAxRHw.jpg:large

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Another one Micky sent us a minutes ago on Twitter:

BTzgD8ECAAA7FDM.jpg:large

Awesome job for the FFAA crew, waiting anxiously for this huuuuuuuge mod! Tisor, have you guys done some update to the weaponry (I´ve seen the page 2 video)? Can we have some screenies just for the tease? I´m really aching for a G36 fix lol

Saludos!

;2496822']Awesome job for the FFAA crew' date=' waiting anxiously for this huuuuuuuge mod! Tisor, have you guys done some update to the weaponry (I´ve seen the page 2 video)? Can we have some screenies just for the tease? I´m really aching for a G36 fix lol

Saludos![/quote']

Hi!

I have no news about the weaponry at the moment, but would try to get some info about. Last I know is that the G36 will be maybe remodelled, but don't have anymore information since that.

Grácias, Tisor! I bet its going to be top notch... you guys are planning a whole mod release or separated pack, just like ArmA1 and 2? (weapon pack, terroristas pack, vehicle pack, mission pack?)

;2496932']Grácias' date=' Tisor! I bet its going to be top notch... you guys are planning a whole mod release or separated pack, just like ArmA1 and 2? (weapon pack, terroristas pack, vehicle pack, mission pack?)[/quote']

Not planned yet, will depend of the final size of the mod and so on...

Hi guys!!

The work continues on the Tiger Cockpit.

BT0Zm7jCIAAROgR.jpg:large

Of course, this is not the only thing the team is working on, but nothing to show for now in the other models.

Looking great Tisor, any screen of infantry?
There's videos in the first pages of infantry and small arms in an earlier state of development.

There's videos in the first pages of infantry and small arms in an earlier state of development.

I was meaning in an advanced state, as it has been said that the first version of 6.0 may be released in the next weeks. But thank you anyway.

Looking great Tisor, any screen of infantry?

Negative, all infantry is being reworked at the moment... so nothing to show for now.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I was meaning in an advanced state, as it has been said that the first version of 6.0 may be released in the next weeks. But thank you anyway.

Where did you read/heard that 6.0 is gonna be released in the next weeks? That's wrong. No release date has been stablished, and do not expect it in the next few months...

Hello all.

Sorry for those days without updates, a lot of work in the model and in real life.

BTW, I'm gonna give you another sneak preview of the Eurocopter Tiger Cockpit. We have allmost completed the mapping and some textures are coming out the paint shop. Nice work made by Micky, and now is my turn to make this looks the real deal.

cabinapilotoTigre.jpg

I would like to let you know that we are gonna take a meeting on Wednesday all the team, and I'll try to bring you some fresh screenshoots. :yay:

I would like to let you know that we are gonna take a meeting on Wednesday all the team, and I'll try to bring you some fresh screenshoots. :yay:

Suena bien. Can't wait for them.

We need BIS Tools :( Please...

Iban, BI has not even given a release date for the tool pack, so you shouldn't expect them for a while ( lo lamento ).

Aren't A2 enough for a normal addon?

The problem is we dont want a normal addon... yesterday we realised that we need BI Tools 3 for some things regarding physics and so on.

from my experience (Swedish mod have made airplanes, helicopters, cars, boats) is the following:

Cars can be made very nice with physx and binarized without the physx lod (just the memory updates for the wheels).

Boats needs the physx lod in order to float, so they can't be be binarized.

Helicopters and planes works great without physx lod.

Now, the "limitations" and our reasoning.

Cars works great, really good.. but we suspect it causes physx to crash which results in bluescreen for some players, it never happend to me but in bigger (20-30 people) coops with our custom vehicles it always happens to at least 50% of the people, often the same people. Without our vehicles only a few people crashes even after several hours of gaming. So something is going on there, we can't however confirm it.

Boats, works really good... but often we don't use it very much so hard to say. We don't binarize them and I know many modmakers want to do that to "protect the models", but as many of us know. There are several programs to unpack the models anyway...

Helicopters, haven't noticed anything but guess same apply as to cars.

Tanks.. we haven't had any success with, yet ;)

Anyway, your mod looks like the best upcoming to ArmA (except ours of course ;), so keep up the good work :)

yesterday we realised that we need BI Tools 3 for some things regarding physics and so on.

Uhm, I was not aware of that limitations.

Well, my suggestion would be to write an open letter/post to BI, explaining precisely that and asking maybe not the full tool set, but some tool that allow you to work with Physix. I'm sure that other modders will gather together in your request.

I'm also quite confident that BI will find a solution, as they love to have tons of good quality mods / addons for their games ( after all it makes them sell more ).

Thanks for the info granQ and MistyRonin, from what I have read in these same forums, are reporting that they saw the need of Oxygen, they said that the Oxygen would publish before any other tool. The problem is when, seeing the times in previous versions is scary. Hopefully we are right when we say that they care about others from making mods and be given the importance it deserves.

About what to write to BIS is an option, and is something we should raise it and do it, not whether something can influence but not lose anything by doing so.

I think the game is very well overall, Altis island is very beautiful, has a great piece of land and sea, but the limitations of their skins units personally I do not like. It is the community and its members which magnify this game even more. Thank you all for the support and see if they surprise us with the output of Oxygen as soon as posible, so that the two best mods of arma3, Swedish Mod and ours can see the light;)

If we write to BIS we report any news here. Best regards!

Uhm, I was not aware of that limitations.

Well, my suggestion would be to write an open letter/post to BI, explaining precisely that and asking maybe not the full tool set, but some tool that allow you to work with Physix. I'm sure that other modders will gather together in your request.

I'm also quite confident that BI will find a solution, as they love to have tons of good quality mods / addons for their games ( after all it makes them sell more ).

If you want to see new terrains and addons, then you'll be hoping for a full, updated toolset like the rest of us. All the tools we have currently are ArmA 2 tools, which don't have the abilities to work with things like PhysX in vehicles without using workarounds which slow down the game and make content easy to rip.

@Iban - I remember seeing the same, I believe from a BI Developer, so we do have a good reason to hope for a quick release of Oxygen if nothing else. :yay: I shall pray to the almighty Lords of Kobol that BI will give Oxygen to us in the next 1-3 months, which Visitor following soon after. :P

If you want to see new terrains and addons, then you'll be hoping for a full, updated toolset like the rest of us.

Obviously! But that will take time, if we judge with other releases. That's why I was talking about askin' a single tool to at least be able to work with Physix meanwhile. :rolleyes: