FFAAMOD

[CLOSED] FFAA V6 (Spanish Army Mod)

Good job on this work, everything turned out great!

• Like 1

hello i downloaded the mod and when i try to play with BAM i didn't find it and when i checked if they are error with config ... and when i open the config it turned blanc 

hello i downloaded the mod and when i try to play with BAM i didn't find it and when i checked if they are error with config ... and when i open the config it turned blanc 

- AS A TEMPORARY WORKAROUND TO 3D MISSION EDITIOR, you can spawn the B.A.M into 3D Editor by manually changing the classname in mission.sqm. How? Well, good editors don't need explanations but It's pretty simple.

Create an empty unit (no matter what is it) with desired heading and position. Save as user mission. Open mission.sqf and change the entity to "ffaa_ar_bam" (type="ffaa_ar_bam" ;). Open 3D Editor and your mission. B.A.M will be ready to be edited in 3D Mission Editor.

Note: B.A.M is a complex object, this means it's not a simple object and If you try to move to other position/heading then It will literally be splitted in 3 parts (don't be afraid, just reload your own mission)

No, hopefully a hotfix will be available after APEX release ......... (Be aware, expect some error log in your A3 after APEX release)

• Like 1

Maybe I have a solution for your map lighting problem: Look at this:

First you should look at your assets. you are using textures in .paa datafile format. if you use a program to edit .paa files you can change the color overlay of each texture. You have to test it again and again and its much work to find the perfect type of coloring but you can rescue your map by this.

For the satmap: do the same thing and test it together with the new edited textures.

If you use original vanilla P:a3\Map_Data\ files you must look if there are editable and if yes, you should ask Bohemia for an agreement.

I Hope I could help you.

I can't seem to find the BAM. When I go into the mod files I see the bam.pbo, but in the editor it's nowhere to be found. Curiously, the CUP Vehicles LHD is nowhere to be found either when I use that mod. Where should the BAM be? BLUFOR > FFAA > Boats, I assume? Because it's not there for me.

I can't seem to find the BAM. When I go into the mod files I see the bam.pbo, but in the editor it's nowhere to be found. Curiously, the CUP Vehicles LHD is nowhere to be found either when I use that mod. Where should the BAM be? BLUFOR > FFAA > Boats, I assume? Because it's not there for me.

I think they said its only in 2D editor for now I think

FFAAMOD, on 28 Apr 2016 - 08:32, said:snapback.png

AS A TEMPORARY WORKAROUND TO 3D MISSION EDITIOR, you can spawn the B.A.M into 3D Editor by manually changing the classname in mission.sqm. How? Well, good editors don't need explanations but It's pretty simple.

Create an empty unit (no matter what is it) with desired heading and position. Save as user mission. Open mission.sqf and change the entity to "ffaa_ar_bam" (type="ffaa_ar_bam"  ;). Open 3D Editor and your mission. B.A.M will be ready to be edited in 3D Mission Editor.

Note: B.A.M is a complex object, this means it's not a simple object and If you try to move to other position/heading then It will literally be splitted in 3 parts (don't be afraid, just reload your own mission)

This also works Atlas LHD, you do not need CUP files.  Sorry for jumping off topic for a sec.

• Like 1

FFAAMOD, on 28 Apr 2016 - 08:32, said:snapback.png

AS A TEMPORARY WORKAROUND TO 3D MISSION EDITIOR, you can spawn the B.A.M into 3D Editor by manually changing the classname in mission.sqm. How? Well, good editors don't need explanations but It's pretty simple.

Create an empty unit (no matter what is it) with desired heading and position. Save as user mission. Open mission.sqf and change the entity to "ffaa_ar_bam" (type="ffaa_ar_bam"  ;). Open 3D Editor and your mission. B.A.M will be ready to be edited in 3D Mission Editor.

This also works Atlas LHD, you do not need CUP files.  Sorry for jumping off topic for a sec.

Haha no problem, I appreciate the info :) Thanks, I'll give this a shot!

Here's my question regarding BAM. Given that it's a complex object, and given that it comes with no crew manning the M2s or gunners chairs on the bridge, how would one go about putting AI into those positions in the editor if that is even possible. I'm not finding any documentation regarding this via the FFAA forums, readme, or google search. Ideally I'd like to do this but I can't seem to find a way to do so myself it seems.

Here's my question regarding BAM. Given that it's a complex object, and given that it comes with no crew manning the M2s or gunners chairs on the bridge, how would one go about putting AI into those positions in the editor if that is even possible. I'm not finding any documentation regarding this via the FFAA forums, readme, or google search. Ideally I'd like to do this but I can't seem to find a way to do so myself it seems.

To be honest I'm not mission editor so I really don't know how it can be done right now but this feature will be added in the upcoming update meaning that you can put the AI in the position you want directly in EDEN editor.. Check this out:

CnKNsk4WAAA4n0a.jpg:large

As you can see you will be able to put the AI on M2, bridge or cargo position.

• Like 6

Greenberet40, what map is that?

Sorry, I'm new to the thread and I apologize if this has been discussed.

EDIT: I see on the previous page it's a new map!!!! OMG it's glorious.

Hey Guys!

My Arma3 Clan wanted to put this Mod in our Modset. But we don´t need/want all of them.

Is there a chance to just pick some of the vehicles (LCM-1E, Vamtac´s)?

Greetings from Germany!

• Like 1

Awesome, Lythium is back!!!

I understand from this video your lightning issues are fixed? Wish you the very best of luck for releasing this beauty to the community. 

• Like 1

Ehm.. yes.. But it has dependency from others .pbo so be careful with your choice.

I understand from this video your lightning issues are fixed? Wish you the very best of luck for releasing this beauty to the community. 

That video is running Arma 3 1.58, pre-APEX but some members of the community are helping Green in order to fix the issue, hoping It will look better.

Hey Guys!

My Arma3 Clan wanted to put this Mod in our Modset. But we don´t need/want all of them.

Greetings from Germany!

We would love the BAM & Hurricane only also....

But. They have been really clear that they Will never split their mods...

Any ETA for the hotfix that allow to use BAM in Eden? I have no idea about how change the class name correctly in the mission file.

Any ETA for the hotfix that allow to use BAM in Eden? I have no idea about how change the class name correctly in the mission file.

Instead of the mission file edit, you could open up any map in the 2D editor, place a BAM and save it, then open it in EDEN (which will update it to EDEN standard) and voila, an easy BAM template to copy/paste to any scenario you wish.

• Like 1

Instead of the mission file edit, you could open up any map in the 2D editor, place a BAM and save it, then open it in EDEN (which will update it to EDEN standard) and voila, an easy BAM template to copy/paste to any scenario you wish.

2D Editor has unfortuneatly been removed with Apex update.

2D Editor has unfortuneatly been removed with Apex update.

It's hidden but not removed. Hit CTRL + O at the editor menu when selecting a map to access it.

• Like 2

It's hidden but not removed. Hit CTRL + O at the editor menu when selecting a map to access it.

Ahh, i tought it was removed :P Thanks! ;)

Hi! So maybe someone can help me with this, but recently my group and i have been trying to use the BAM asset for a campaign. We start up the editor in 2d, put down the asset with a playable slot then import to 3d editor and edit the mission. Once completed when we send it to our server the mission isn't playable. We've triple checked everything else, made the same mission without the BAM and it works. Is anyone else having this issue, or know of a fix to make it so the mission will fully load?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

put down the asset with a playable slot

You can't set the BAM as a playable slot because it's not "driveable" (Well, not in the current version). Try disabling that slot for the B.A.M.

sorry let me clarify, the BAM is not a playable slot, i place down a unit like a diver, and the diver is the playable slot. Once the mission is completed, and pbo'ed and loaded into the server, the diver designated as "P1" does not show up as a slot to be occupied.