Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

Specific Animation doesn't flow well...

Do you wish to backtrack the Lowered Weapon Animation to it's original state?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish to backtrack the Lowered Weapon Animation to it's original state?

Well, this is all opinion based... but I used to lower my weapon in ArmA 2... which would drop the gun down to where it isn't shouldered. Well, with ArmA 3... the character sort of throws his arm out which in all shapes and form isn't flexible. And what I mean by flexible is, it doesn't seem like it looks right during combat. It looks too calm, and relaxed... whereas the old animation of the character lowering his weapon worked better. It was nice to lower the weapon after running because it helped recover the player's aim. So now when you lower the weapon, and you may be in combat. It looks very unnatural, I know this is speculation and a lot of people don't know what I am talking about. But I used to play in a Realism Unit on ArmA 2, and everyone lowered their weapons to walk in formation without the weapon ready. Sometimes during combat, a friend would lower his weapon because it helps rest the player and it also gives the player a better field of view. It isn't a matter of realism, it is a matter of flexibility for combat and elsewhere.

Please!! Don't release ArmA 3 with the way it is now, it shows out too much.

More Flexible - ArmA 2

FHQ_Remington_03.jpg

arma2ao10.jpg

And this is what it was supposed to look like in ArmA 3 before the ARM was hanging out lol

ARMA3_7-590x284.jpg

It transitions smoother, from walking with weapon lowered... to running with weapon lowered 'As seen in the photo above'. I really cannot see the point of the arm hanging out, it just makes things less smoother. Showing off the new animation system is nice, I like all of them... but this one here can be irritating.

I address this issue because it feels uncomfortable, and I like to lower my weapon sometimes to rest during combat. But when I begin to walk, my arm hangs out and I look -way- too at ease. The older animation was much more durable for the series of environments.

Please VOTE because this means a lot for the way the game looks... I don't know if anyone has noticed that you cannot walk normally anymore. It definitely looks like a Pimp Walk more than a Professionally trained fighter.

Other Topic from Psychomorph --->>> Link

Edited by DeclaredEvol

I'd suggest creating ticket on tracker.

There should be two walk animations, "normal" and "cooltier1swingingarm", switchable with tactical pace modifier (like currenly for lowered weapon run).

I am going to make a video to clarify myself, I believe that the hanging arm animation is more of a Idle Animation than a Walking Animation. The fluidity is the problem, it simply doesn't make sense to throw your hand off of the gun while you're simply walking or running into combat. It doesn't fit almost all circumstances, it looks lazy and unprofessional.

From my PoV, arma 3 is trying to be fluid as much as possible while "throwing away" all of the realism feels of the game. Most of the mechanics are still realistic but the animation and player controls are being overhauled into the arcade style (fast movements and fast control). Most of the animations looks "robotic" just like the SMK animation. It could be reworked on into the realistic feels instead of now. Right now it all seems to be all unnatural movements in the combat. For an example, try reloading while in combat pace then press C again to move faster which upper body parts are playing static animation while lower part is running. That's robotic movements just like in SMK animation in Arma 2 because upper body parts aren't match with legs and lower parts.

There's a ticket started that is asking for a time out before the relaxed animations start happening.I think thats all that is needed for this issue.Make a 30 sec timer before idle animation start seems a good middle ground.

There's a ticket started that is asking for a time out before the relaxed animations start happening.I think thats all that is needed for this issue.Make a 30 sec timer before idle animation start seems a good middle ground.

Hey do you have a link to the open ticket?