Sign in to follow this  
harold5187

Public Apology to BIS

Moderators may delete this after they read it.

I wanted to extend a personal apology to BIS for assuming they were behind the hacks; It had never occurred to me until recent that the obvious explanation behind this, could very well be BIS competitors. There are an extremely large amount of people migrating from Battlefield 3 to ArmA 3, and it's understandable how BIS competitors would be worried about this. I tend to look at things in a pessimistic view, exploring all options, but sometimes I jump the gun a little too quickly, and I want to apologize to BIS personally. Keep up the good work BIS and I know that ArmA 3 will be THE premier milsim game on the market once these issues have been addressed. And once again, BIS, I apologize! I plan to buy another copy of ArmA 3 for my friend as well.

Why would you think that BIS would sabotage it's own game anyway ... Can't fathom that to be honest ... :confused:

And even then, why would competing companies hack some niche game, and what competitors are you referring to?

Maybe he thought wasteland was geting more popular than day Z and the zombie lovers where hacking ?

Maybe he thought wasteland was geting more popular than day Z and the zombie lovers where hacking ?

Seriously? You made my day :)

Oh damn I thought that was sarcasm :D

It's just someone who abuses current tools and possibilities given to mod and mission makers as "hack". While I do agree that it's absolutely not acceptable to have these functions as they are atm, a upvoted ticket on the feedbacktracker including suggestions would be much more benefitial for everyone.

It happens all the time! Anytime when money is involved as it is in the movie industry, and the video game industry, nothing surprises me except the ignorance of ignoring the possibility that it IS happening, and the gamers are the ones who suffer. While BIS may not be the culprit in the hacking incidents, I guess only God and them know the things we are not privy to know, and only their own conscience can judge them according to each their own. I am rather upset that they added the stance thing which affects your accuracy. If they want to create a milsim based on realism, then they should know that all soldiers are trained with a varying degree of accuracy on how to shoot accurate in all stances for which they have been taught, and I loved how I could get kills in Flashpoint and Arma 1 no matter what stance I choose, but it seems the game has gotten unrealistic in being that I can't hit anything while in any other stance but sitting, or laying prone. And the grass is so high most of the time you can't hit anything while prone due to visibility. That is a game killer to me. If you want a milsim for the general public, then my advice is for the general public to join the military and serve their country that way, but no major victories will be gained by making a video game as realistic as possible, unless they want another adrenaline game that makes you cuss every 5 seconds. I've put well over 300 hours into Arma 3 Alpha, and thousands of hours into Arma 1, that should tell you that I'm not having as much fun in Arma 3, because I can't hit nothing standing up, or crouched. You shoot one time, and the enemy turns and not having to aim, just nails you after 1 or 2 shots from like 200 to 300 meters away. It's almost as like by default all players are equivalent to civies who can't shoot and whine all the time, just as hollywood depicts us. But they are sadly wrong. And we are not just stupid civies. As far as this being a toolset to debug VBS, well, it may be true that Arma is a derivitive of VBS, but it's not a toolset, because it's being boxed as a game, and sold as a game and nothing more! If VBS is all the military can come up with to train our troops, then I can tell our troops right now, that their crap outta luck on the real battlefield, cause no video game is going to prepare you for real combat. One last note on competitors sabataging other company projects. Not every war is waged on a battlefield, nor out in the public for all to see. They preach a world of black and white, while inbetween lays all their shady deals that remain unquestioned, or passed off as conspiracy. Truely those that close their mind to the truths are the ones that are truely blind. They take things at face value, and can't understand why things are the way they are, becuase humans by default are not GOOD and DECENT people. We are animals, we know nothing more than violence. We train for it, we prepare for it, we make excuses for it, and should God himself come down to earth and offer world peace instantly, then I'm sure the military of the world would still find an excuse to keep troops on the ready.

Edited by harold5187

1. Nice "apology" (read: rant)

2. You mad bro

it may be true that Arma is a derivitive of VBS

Other way around.

I think this has reached a point of no return with an unreadable wall of text.

All I can say is that the sooner we're able to implement protections from the nefarious element the happier we'll all be and know that we are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible.