Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

And bump up the zero to 300 meters on the Aimpoints and Eotechs!

Also make the magnified eotech night vision please.

Also make the magnified eotech night vision please.

I think technically you would need a PVS-14 mounted on the rifle to do that, or some form on NV capable optic

I just wanna see the magnified eotech in 3d scope

In theory this is possible by making it depend on CBA. I could use a special key to toggle the scope then with a different model, as well as make the LLM-01 toggle between flashlight and laser. I guess CBA is in everybody's MOD folder anyway, I'll think about it.

...I guess CBA is in everybody's MOD folder anyway...

The fact that the features within CBA werent implemented into A3 is kind of a disappointment tbh.

No, I mean when you turn on your night vision goggles you can only see the night vision effect when the eotech is in normal ads. When you go to the zoomed mode the night vision gogles are automaticaly turned off and you can not see anything in the dark(Just as the SOS scope is in the dark).

No, I mean when you turn on your night vision goggles you can only see the night vision effect when the eotech is in normal ads. When you go to the zoomed mode the night vision gogles are automaticaly turned off and you can not see anything in the dark(Just as the SOS scope is in the dark).

That's because you can't use an item with magnification with the NVGs. It's just like trying to use an ACOG with NVGS...you see darkness. The reason an RDS/EOTech works with NVGs is because it's just a red dot/reticle projected on a screen. There is no magnification. For it to work using NV, a PSV-14 or other NV capable optic would have to be placed in front of the sight, that way you're staring down the magnified optic into a zoomed in night picture. At least that is my understanding. (See ACE 2's m4 ACOG w/ PVS-14)

It would be cool to have weapons with PVS-14 a mounted on them (http://www.ownthenight.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/webassets/PVS-14_aimpoint_compm2.JPG) so if your unit doesn't have NVGs, you would still be able to have nigh fighting ability. Also the ability to remove the PVS-14 to go back to daytime fighting. But I guess it's a little pointless since by default almost every unit is equipped with NVGs

Edited by islesfan186

That's because you can't use an item with magnification with the NVGs. It's just like trying to use an ACOG with NVGS...you see darkness. The reason an RDS/EOTech works with NVGs is because it's just a red dot/reticle projected on a screen. There is no magnification. For it to work using NV, a PSV-14 or other NV capable optic would have to be placed in front of the sight, that way you're staring down the magnified optic into a zoomed in night picture. At least that is my understanding. (See ACE 2's m4 ACOG w/ PVS-14)

It would be cool to have weapons with PVS-14 a mounted on them (http://www.ownthenight.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/webassets/PVS-14_aimpoint_compm2.JPG) so if your unit doesn't have NVGs, you would still be able to have nigh fighting ability. Also the ability to remove the PVS-14 to go back to daytime fighting. But I guess it's a little pointless since by default almost every unit is equipped with NVGs

This guy's got it

It would be cool to have weapons with PVS-14 a mounted on them (http://www.ownthenight.com/sitebuild...int_compm2.JPG) so if your unit doesn't have NVGs, you would still be able to have nigh fighting ability. Also the ability to remove the PVS-14 to go back to daytime fighting. But I guess it's a little pointless since by default almost every unit is equipped with NVGs

Really? Then how is it that the BIS default ARCO 4x scope does work with NV?(and no it does not have an inbuilt NV system)

Edited by claudiu111

The BI scopes work because they are essentially the same as red dot optics, except with zoom. Previously with the overlay scopes you could tell the game to turn off NV (see the Sniper scope, it doesn't work with NV last I checked.), the new 3D optics do not seem to have that ability.

From what I can tell, the newest devbranch update made the accessories available for all weapons, even without the bonus config. It also blocks the new optics. Any way to fix that?

From what I can tell, the newest devbranch update made the accessories available for all weapons, even without the bonus config. It also blocks the new optics. Any way to fix that?

Will update the pack ASAP. I just have to figure out how the new attachment system works.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Love it

Hi Alwarren,

Really liking your pack - good mix of stuff. Only question I have is about the ACOG, IRL the ones most often used on ARs and certainly all of the ones on L85s over here have a x4 magnification, however the ones in your pack are x8 (roughly, from my iffy maths on the Kamino Range!). Is this intentional to make them more similar to the 'jumbo' ACOG with x6 magnification found for example on the L129A1 or to do with the many published issues with optics in A3, and either way would you consider a change/fix at all?

Cheers for the pack, getting some good use out of them in VCB and apart from that one issue they're going down pretty well! ;)

From an addon-maker's perspective, "magnification" values in Arma are always pretty much bullshit since you also have to account for the limited image resolution of a player's monitor compared to the human eye, and how to fit a reasonably correct field of view for that optic into limited screen space in a way that the various aiming marks on the sight are clear and usable for the player (IRL FOV is dependant on the magnification as well as the radius and curvature of the optic's lens). The 3D scopes in Arma 3 only make these limitations worse by making the reticles fairly blurry and difficult to see unless you cover as much of the screen resolution as possible with the reticle.

In general these limitations are why the un-scoped first person view in Arma is variable between three focus/"zoom" levels in order to represent something even approaching the capabilities of the human eye. The "zoomed in" first person view is there to improve image resolution to a level where identification of objects at range is comparable to what people can achieve with the naked eye, and the "zoomed out" view is there to provide a more complete angular field of view so that the amount of peripheral vision is comparable to what we humans have. The default view is just somewhere in the middle providing okay-ish resolution and okay-ish FOV.

When making fixed magnification scopes you have to find a balance between these limitations, and ultimately the relative "magnification" value of any optics depends on which of the level of un-scoped FOV/zoom you consider to be representative of a human's unity vision (1x magnification).

great addons here. are there item codes to add these to weapons in the editor?

great addons here. are there item codes to add these to weapons in the editor?

I had the exact same question yesterday in the M4 thread, the class names for all my addons are always mentioned in the PDF that comes with the download archive.

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Hi Alwarren,

Really liking your pack - good mix of stuff. Only question I have is about the ACOG, IRL the ones most often used on ARs and certainly all of the ones on L85s over here have a x4 magnification, however the ones in your pack are x8 (roughly, from my iffy maths on the Kamino Range!). Is this intentional to make them more similar to the 'jumbo' ACOG with x6 magnification found for example on the L129A1 or to do with the many published issues with optics in A3, and either way would you consider a change/fix at all?

Cheers for the pack, getting some good use out of them in VCB and apart from that one issue they're going down pretty well! ;)

According to the formula used to calculate magnification, the ACOG has a 3x magnification. I think I came up with the same values as the ACOG in Arma 2, but the whole 3D scope thing might have an effect on this.

The problem is, changing any of the parameters now will require me to re-do the whole reticle, which is, mildly put, a pain in the backside :) I'll need to update the pack for the new attachment method, I'll have a look at the options then.

...The 3D scopes in Arma 3 only make these limitations worse by making the reticles fairly blurry and difficult to see unless you cover as much of the screen resolution as possible with the reticle...

They are using a new method for the reticles in devbranch, which hasn't been introduced to stable as far as I know. It makes all 3D scope reticles super sharp. I think they aren't using textures anymore at this point, but I`ve no clue. Maybe it is worth looking into how they did it for Alwarren's scopes too? They also allow illuminated reticles in 3D optics with said update, so the ACOG could receive its proper flourescent crosshair, if BI made it at all clear how they achieved their fix for their own scopes.

I had the exact same question yesterday in the M4 thread, the class names for all my addons are always mentioned in the PDF that comes with the download archive.

Ha! No idea how I missed that. Thanks. Huge help.

Edited by odeassea

Hi.

Minor update to the pack. Now compatible with the latest version of Arma 3 (the one with the "Survive" campaign episode), and requires ASDG Joint Rails by Robalo.

Enjoy!

There is no Downloadlink on the FHQ -Homepage !

Cant download this Stuff !!!

Sorry 'bout that, corrected now :)