Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

Copy that. I'll remove the text hints for optics in the next patch, and only leave the side rail attachments in :)

I made this config fix to take care of it until you get around to the next update. @FHQ_MRT_hint_fix

Keep up the great work man. :)

FHQ Removes all sights from the 249's in RHS any ideas why?

No it doesn't. You are probably running something else. Make sure that you do not run the extra ASDG joint rails config with the latest RHS, as that has become deprecated.

Update time!

Just released version 1.6, first post updated with links. Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 ----------

Hey Robalo, I had completely overlooked this post. Nice looking weapon, what is that? First thought it was a Honey Badger, but that has the integrated suppressor.

In any case, really nice match :D

It's the Jack Carbine from HLC AR15 pack. Suppressor is from RH Acc pack and the sight it yours :)

Thanks for the update !

Updated mod v1.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Alwarren , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

It's the Jack Carbine from HLC AR15 pack. Suppressor is from RH Acc pack and the sight it yours :)

Thanks for the update !

Sweet looking gun!

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Foxhound, kecharles28, thanks for the mirrors! :)

Really nice changes. Thanks for continually improving this awesome pack. Are the sniper scopes going to get the "fancy reflective lens" treatment as well?

Nice update. The cleaner optics views and shaders are really good.

I noticed the low-mounted Aimpoint Micro doesn't have the reduced "tunnel effect" of the updated high-mounted version. Is that a limitation of the model geometry (like the VCOG) or just an oversight?

Also, in a yesterday's SITREP it was mentioned that BIS have adjusted the naked eye FOV/magnification values so that they're standardised across the whole game. On the dev Branch they've changed the collimator naked eye FOV values to:

opticsZoomMin = 0.25;
				opticsZoomMax = 1.125;
				opticsZoomInit = 0.75;

And quoted magnification values for all scopes are based on that value of opticsZoomMin = 0.25, so things like the RCO (which is described as a 2x scope now) has opticsZoom values = 0.125 (0.25/2).

Thought I'd mention it in case you want to make the collimator etc. consistent with BIS' optics following the next patch.

Nice update. The cleaner optics views and shaders are really good.

Thanks, yeah I thought the cleanup was required, especially since some of the optics get really close.

I noticed the low-mounted Aimpoint Micro doesn't have the reduced "tunnel effect" of the updated high-mounted version. Is that a limitation of the model geometry (like the VCOG) or just an oversight?

ARGH, oversight.Thanks for the heads-up.

The VCOG is a real bugger, but there is nothing to be done about it, the geometry just doesn't work. I wish we had a way to hide some of the model geometry when looking through the scope, it would help tremendously to make optics like this, or a shortdot, work.

Also, in a yesterday's SITREP it was mentioned that BIS have adjusted the naked eye FOV/magnification values so that they're standardised across the whole game. On the dev Branch they've changed the collimator naked eye FOV values to:

opticsZoomMin = 0.25;
                   opticsZoomMax = 1.125;
                   opticsZoomInit = 0.75;

And quoted magnification values for all scopes are based on that value of opticsZoomMin = 0.25, so things like the RCO (which is described as a 2x scope now) has opticsZoom values = 0.125 (0.25/2).

Thought I'd mention it in case you want to make the collimator etc. consistent with BIS' optics following the next patch.

Yeah, good point. Thanks, I haven't read the SITREP yet. I noticed there was some standardization going on but I hadn't seen those values.

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Really nice changes. Thanks for continually improving this awesome pack. Are the sniper scopes going to get the "fancy reflective lens" treatment as well?

No, the sniper scopes are 2D optics. I will eventually replace them with similar scope views like BIS default optics (transparent/blurred outline) but that is low priority, more so since CUP is taking most of my time.

Hey Al,

First off, I absolutely love the work you've done on your optics. They mesh extremely well with A3 and with RHS. With the most recent update, however, I noticed that with the 1x sights, you added in reflection, which already massively hinders aiming at anything in the 3d scopes. I made a quick video addressing the issue, as well as a post on the A3 feedback tracker in order to hopefully get this issue addressed from both yourself with your awesome optic pack, as well as from BI overall with the vanilla optics:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24612

Looks more like an issue with game rendering with 3D scopes as opposed to an "Issue" with the optic itself.

And also what you can also do is bring it up via a Feedback Tracker:

http://feedback.arma3.com/login_page.php

Hey Al,

First off, I absolutely love the work you've done on your optics. They mesh extremely well with A3 and with RHS. With the most recent update, however, I noticed that with the 1x sights, you added in reflection, which already massively hinders aiming at anything in the 3d scopes. I made a quick video addressing the issue, as well as a post on the A3 feedback tracker in order to hopefully get this issue addressed from both yourself with your awesome optic pack, as well as from BI overall with the vanilla optics:

Problem is I need the fresnel effect of the lenses, otherwise you'd see the interior of the scope when you are not looking through it. The lenses become less reflective when you look through them. For convenience and consistency I do use the same RVMats that are on the default optics.

I agree that the effect is pretty disturbing sometimes (when the sun is directly behind you), and unfortunately the self-shadowing doesn't cancel it. In general, I like the effect when I am not looking through the scope, but not otherwise.

I'll experiment a bit. I need to update anyway since the low-mounted Micro-T1'S still have the tunnel effect, I'll see if I can get rid of the glare.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Update 1.7 has been released. First post updated.

Not a lot of changes in these. I tried to reduce the glare on lenses, this is about the lowest I can go. If I go lower there will be black dot artifacts on the lenses (I suspect from interpolation and failed alpha tests). On top of this, the flashlight has been boosted in brightness, and FOV's are adjusted to the new default zoom levels in Arma 3.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Cool. Are you planning to release ACE config for your scopes? I'm unable to zero in on the Leupolds :/

Cool. Are you planning to release ACE config for your scopes? I'm unable to zero in on the Leupolds :/

I need to find out what is required/desirable to add for ACE support. I have to admit I had not followed the development of ACE3 very closely. I'll find out :)

• Like 1

Hello.

Am I the only one who has a problem with white insides of the ACOG scope in new release?

Haven't really tried the other scopes, but as I tried to use it yesterday on RHS M4, it was pretty unpleasant.

Hello.

Am I the only one who has a problem with white insides of the ACOG scope in new release?

Haven't really tried the other scopes, but as I tried to use it yesterday on RHS M4, it was pretty unpleasant.

Not here. Can you make a screenshot?

Hotfix for the aimpoint problem released. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1