Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

I installed the accessories pack to use with the excellent G36. I mounted the ACOG scope only to find I don't know how to use the sight. It is the red curved bar that I need an explanation for.

Thanks

The ACOG scope is fairly easy to use, see above. However, I suspect you're confusing this ACOG with the one from RH which doesn't come with a backup RDS, but with the "red curved bar"… which is also fairly easy to use

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Also, can we expect an update anytime with some new scopes?

I installed the accessories pack to use with the excellent G36. I mounted the ACOG scope only to find I don't know how to use the sight. It is the red curved bar that I need an explanation for.

Thanks

Not entirely sure what you mean. For an explanation of the ACOG reticle, see this image.

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Also, can we expect an update anytime with some new scopes?

Will probably take a while still, I am pretty busy with other stuff right now.

I keep getting a no entry error 'bin\config/CfgWeapons.FHQ_optic_aim'

I am using load out editor.

any ideas?

Hi,

I love it, its great to customize the Arma III with this Accessorie :).

Do you plan to add some russian optic or scope like the Kobra EKP 18 or the PK-A?

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

I keep getting a no entry error 'bin\config/CfgWeapons.FHQ_optic_aim'

I am using load out editor.

any ideas?

I think it's better to use scripting in the Arma III editor with the function " this addprimaryweaponitem "name of the accessory".

you will be sure to have the scope mounted on your gun. :)

Hi,

I love it, its great to customize the Arma III with this Accessorie :).

Do you plan to add some russian optic or scope like the Kobra EKP 18 or the PK-A?

So far I only made Picatinny rail stuff, I was planning to do some east weapons eventually and will make Dovetail mount accessories as well.

I might add some "westified" Russian stuff like a Kobra sight but didn't do that so far since the ACO looks almost identical :)

Work-in-Progress image of a new Aimpoint 3XMag magnifier scope.

11Ep4Qls.jpg(click for larger)

This is the in-game model and textures, just rendered in Blender/Cycles. ETA: Don't ask :)

http://i.imgur.com/11Ep4Qls.jpg(click for larger)

This is the in-game model and textures, just rendered in Blender/Cycles. ETA: Don't ask :)

This is great! Hope this is combined with your T1 scope.

This is great! Hope this is combined with your T1 scope.

T1 and probably CompM4

Maybe it's been mentioned before, but is it possible (and if so: how) to toggle the LLM between laser or flash (or both at same time?) I seem only be able to get a laser from it

Maybe it's been mentioned before,

It has ;)

but is it possible (and if so: how) to toggle the LLM between laser or flash (or both at same time?) I seem only be able to get a laser from it

There are two LLM's in the pack, one with the flashlight active, one with the laser. Switching requires a script, which I didn't want to do so far because such things usually come with a requirement for CBA. OTOH, I suppose everybody already has CBS, so it might not be the big issue.

With the (upcoming) Aimpoint scope, I was thinking of including scripted switching of things like the LLM and switching the model of the aimpoint scope depending on aiming mode (flip up/down)

Woot! Does that mean 3D magnified collimated optics that switch out?

http://i.imgur.com/11Ep4Qls.jpg(click for larger)

I know you said no ETA, but do you have an update on this? :)

Not yet. I'm currently very busy with my work on CUP, once I get a bit of a pause there I'll try to get an update out.

Did you still work on those MSR Rifles? There is not a single Mod which lets u use a MSR Sniper :(

Yes, but I am running into the same problems every time - I can't seem to get a decent looking animation for my Remington's. Especially the sniper reloading looks horribly mechanic, and I don't really want to use either the "Magic Reload Gesture" of Arma 2 times, nor a generic gesture that doesn't fir, so I am hard pressed to find the time to work on these. Learning to make animations myself takes a while I'm afraid.

Don't know if you have answered this or not but is there any way that the eotech with the 3x/4x scope (sorry forgot the name ingame atm) a 3D scope instead of 2d when you zoom in?

Don't know if you have answered this or not but is there any way that the eotech with the 3x/4x scope (sorry forgot the name ingame atm) a 3D scope instead of 2d when you zoom in?

+1 this.

Yes, the next release will have that. Currently preparing the Remington pack, after that, I will have another go at the Accessories.

Hello Alwarren, big user of your pack here, the eotech g33 mag is my favourite optic in game to this day, although i' m pretty sure that since the inertia update it gives terrible inertia to the weapon it is mounted on.

I was wondering, since your pack will make use or the mrt switch function, do you plan on adding lights and ir lasers mounted on the same weapon as attachments, kind of like how RHS has done for the M4s and the M16s in their latest update with their peq15 and surefire combo, but with the proxy positioned correctly for more weapon types, i know that you' re a part of CUP so for examples the SCARs, or more generally HK416?

Hello Alwarren, big user of your pack here, the eotech g33 mag is my favourite optic in game to this day, although i' m pretty sure that since the inertia update it gives terrible inertia to the weapon it is mounted on.

Yeah, that is well possible, I need to go over these values.

I was wondering, since your pack will make use or the mrt switch function, do you plan on adding lights and ir lasers mounted on the same weapon as attachments, kind of like how RHS has done for the M4s and the M16s in their latest update with their peq15 and surefire combo, but with the proxy positioned correctly for more weapon types, i know that you' re a part of CUP so for examples the SCARs, or more generally HK416?

Things like the LLM-01 will have a switch between flashlight and IR laser. I don't think there is a general serve-it-all way to switch between a surefire and laser since this will depend on a very specific setup of proxies, and that is weapon dependent, not depending on the attachment.

I am still hoping that BIS will rework part of the attachment system for the Marksman DLC.

Things like the LLM-01 will have a switch between flashlight and IR laser. I don't think there is a general serve-it-all way to switch between a surefire and laser since this will depend on a very specific setup of proxies, and that is weapon dependent, not depending on the attachment.

I know, i was wondering if you tought about including combos of an ir laser such as a peq15 and a flashlight such as a surefire m9xx mounted on the same weapon, with the laser on the top rail and the flashlight on the right rail for example, tailored to fit the proxies of a specific weapon type, such as a scar. In a similar fashion to what RHS has done in their last update, tailored to fit specifically on an M4 or M16.

Apparently it' s not in your plans, no worries.

I am still hoping that BIS will rework part of the attachment system for the Marksman DLC.

I canno' t agree more. I still remember watching a bis preview video of Arma3 well before the game came out, where the guy demonstrating the game said something like "and now with the new attachment system you can make super tactical decisions, like now i' m approching a house, so i remove my laser and i put a flashlight instead"... (facepalm)

They could' ve tried to imitate Crysis that they wouldn' t ve done better.

Apparently it' s not in your plans, no worries.

Yeah, not planned currently. The pack is too generic for something that specific.

They could' ve tried to imitate Crysis that they wouldn' t ve done better.

I greatly dislike the fact that you can just take a random scope from one weapon and put it onto another in the field.I liked what I saw from Ground Branch, although that game isn't out yet.

What I hope for is a more generic rails definition, something that can make use of a four-quadrant rail by attaching bipods or front grips.

Updated at last!

I've edited the first post to reflect the new version. Among the most prominent new features is support for da12thMonkey's MRT Accessory Function addons, allowing truthful operation of the magnifiers as well as allowing to toggle the LLM-01 from laser to flashlight and vice versa.

Video demonstration: