Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

;2553766']GrandQ have animated ironsights on his latest Ak5D carbines (it switches peep holes when you change the zeroing distance)' date=' maybe his script could work on the G33 - probably it would be an instantaneous toggle between magnifier on and off the rail - as we could toggle between 200m zeroing (unmagnified) and 400 m zeroing (with magnifier), but it´s an empericial suggestion, I don´t really know how those scripts work =)[/quote']

It wouldn't work. You can't have animated components on attachments at all because they are proxy objects. The Magnifier would have to be a permanent fixture on the rifle in order to be able to animate using any of the game's model.cfg animation sources.

This is why further down the ticket, Alwarren has altered his suggestion to allowing people to assign different models for any given optics mode instead of simply adding a new animation source for optics modes, so that a single attachment class can use more than one model, with different physical states depending on the optics mode used.

The alternative is to script it, using two separate attachment classes that can be swapped between one another when a key is pressed.

It wouldn't work. You can't have animated components on attachments at all because they are proxy objects. The Magnifier would have to be a permanent fixture on the rifle in order to be able to animate using any of the game's model.cfg animation sources.

This is why further down the ticket, Alwarren has altered his suggestion to allowing people to assign different models for any given optics mode instead of simply adding a new animation source for optics modes, so that a single attachment class can use more than one model, with different physical states depending on the optics mode used.

The alternative is to script it, using two separate attachment classes that can be swapped between one another when a key is pressed.

How does the optic zoom toggle system thing work in BF4 then? Could that be done in arma?

How does the optic zoom toggle system thing work in BF4 then? Could that be done in arma?

No, as darthmonkey said, attachments cannot be animated. I proposed that BIS implement something that allows for a different model to be used depending on sight mode. This is basically how the zooming of the reticles in sniper scopes work - there is a separate model for each zoom step. If this were possible, I could do two models of the G33, one with the magnifier moved to the side for CQB and one with the magnifier in front of the Eotech for a 3D-scoped view.

Battlefield 4 is different, since they do not support modding they can do things differently. But I think my proposal would be the easiest way to achieve the effect.

Unfortunately, the attachment system has some drawbacks that are really annoying, like no attachable grenade launcher, hand grips, and no way to attach a flashlight AND laser at the same time.

EDIT: Also, it would have been nice to attach attachments to the attachments, if you get what I mean; for example, add a clip-on night vision sight to a Leupold or ACOG.

Edited by Alwarren

No, as darthmonkey said, attachments cannot be animated. I proposed that BIS implement something that allows for a different model to be used depending on sight mode. This is basically how the zooming of the reticles in sniper scopes work - there is a separate model for each zoom step. If this were possible, I could do two models of the G33, one with the magnifier moved to the side for CQB and one with the magnifier in front of the Eotech for a 3D-scoped view.

Battlefield 4 is different, since they do not support modding they can do things differently. But I think my proposal would be the easiest way to achieve the effect.

Unfortunately, the attachment system has some drawbacks that are really annoying, like no attachable grenade launcher, hand grips, and no way to attach a flashlight AND laser at the same time.

EDIT: Also, it would have been nice to attach attachments to the attachments, if you get what I mean; for example, add a clip-on night vision sight to a Leupold or ACOG.

sad story mane ;_;

On another note, would it be possible to clean up the Leupold mildots in the next update, cause they're a little square and pixely

Edited by ZimZamFlimFlam
Missing Link

Upcoming in the next version of the pack:

VzwlrYks.png

New Trijicon VCOG scope

Not sure yet to be honest. Segmented circle might be more useful in CQB, but in general I like the horseshoe sight better.

Not sure yet to be honest. Segmented circle might be more useful in CQB, but in general I like the horseshoe sight better.

And the mildots? <3 <3 <3

And the mildots? <3 <3 <3

The VCOG only has these two options.

It's a shame because I rarely see any attachments on the left side rail, usually always unused. There is plenty of room to attach light and laser. The clip on NVS would be great, as it's standard issue for most sniper platforms

Honestly, I prefer the segmented circle one. I feel like I could be more accurate with that reticule as well, in addition to the possible CQB help.

Honestly, I prefer the segmented circle one. I feel like I could be more accurate with that reticule as well, in addition to the possible CQB help.

My thoughts exactly.

Are you planning any changes/tweaks to your current optics (Not that they need it, just curious)?

My thoughts exactly.

Are you planning any changes/tweaks to your current optics (Not that they need it, just curious)?

I'Ve replaced the reticle on the ACOG to be like the original one, i.e. red illuminated chevron.

I'Ve replaced the reticle on the ACOG to be like the original one, i.e. red illuminated chevron.

I liked the original one better anyway...

Sounds good

Edited by ZimZamFlimFlam

;2561706']Niiice' date=' now the TRG21 will look at last as the real Tavor 21 ;) (it will have the IR laser function?)[/quote']

I am not sure yet if that can be done, i.e. if an optics attachment can function as a laser. I'll have to experiment with it. In any case, it won't free the flashlight slot for flashlights, since you cannot have them both.

I am not sure yet if that can be done, i.e. if an optics attachment can function as a laser. I'll have to experiment with it. In any case, it won't free the flashlight slot for flashlights, since you cannot have them both.

Is it not possible to have 4 modes with a flashlight/IR pointer combo?

-both on

-flashlight on, IR pointer off

-IR pointer on, flashlight off

- both off

Is it not possible to have 4 modes with a flashlight/IR pointer combo?

-both on

-flashlight on, IR pointer off

-IR pointer on, flashlight off

- both off

You cant because its the same key - L

You cant because its the same key - L

Yes, but like the fire selector button it can go through 3 different fire modes (semi,burst,auto). Cant the same thing be done with flashlights/IRpointers with the options I mentioned above?

Yes, but like the fire selector button it can go through 3 different fire modes (semi,burst,auto). Cant the same thing be done with flashlights/IRpointers with the options I mentioned above?

So far i know Laser/Flashlight classes dont have any modes , so nope (just ON/OFF)

and thats why i created this request > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4771

Edited by RobertHammer

So far i know Laser/Flashlight classes dont have any modes , so nope (just ON/OFF)

and thats why i created this request > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4771

Voted up!

It's annoying that this doesn'T work, also for things like the LLM-01 which has both laser and flashlights. And while we're add it, it would be nice to have IR illuminators and visible lasers as well. AFAIK they were planned because one of the config files mentioned them both.