Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

Same as with the aimpoint, I might add to the pack later, right now, I want to concentrate on the Remington pack. And maybe do something entirely different from weapons afterwards :)

Same as with the aimpoint, I might add to the pack later, right now, I want to concentrate on the Remington pack. And maybe do something entirely different from weapons afterwards :)

Its all good, You da man

I've got a problem with the Accessories currently. None of the optics can be attached to any weapon. When moved in the inventory all of the attachment slots are red (instead of the optics slot turning white). Any attempt to drag the optic onto the gun does not work. No errors of any kind are occurring and the mod is installed properly. Any help? I'm running the current version of the Beta.

I've got a problem with the Accessories currently. None of the optics can be attached to any weapon. When moved in the inventory all of the attachment slots are red (instead of the optics slot turning white). Any attempt to drag the optic onto the gun does not work. No errors of any kind are occurring and the mod is installed properly. Any help? I'm running the current version of the Beta.

If you are trying to mount them on vanilla weapons its because you have the place the custom config pbo (in the extra's folder) into the addons folder

If you are trying to mount them on vanilla weapons its because you have the place the custom config pbo (in the extra's folder) into the addons folder

Yep, thanks. A closer read of the readme would've solved this issue... :o

Yep, thanks. A closer read of the readme would've solved this issue... :o

not a problem

Alwarren, by any chance are you working on a 3D version of the magnified view of your Holo+Magnifier optic? Because I noticed it still retains the old black border (whereas the ACOG was updated)...

Yay!

Alwarren, by any chance are you working on a 3D version of the magnified view of your Holo+Magnifier optic? Because I noticed it still retains the old black border (whereas the ACOG was updated)...!

Yes, but right now it is not possible. The problem is that for this to work, the tube of the magnifier needs to be in front of the holo, and for that I need an animation source that is bound to the currently selected sight. Since there is none (that I know of), I cannot have the tube animated, and it needs to stay like it is right now.

Got it, let's hope things will change in the future...

Yay!

Yes, but right now it is not possible. The problem is that for this to work, the tube of the magnifier needs to be in front of the holo, and for that I need an animation source that is bound to the currently selected sight. Since there is none (that I know of), I cannot have the tube animated, and it needs to stay like it is right now.

Could you just make the scope fixed and then do it 3d and cut back on the actual magnification. You already have a halo sight. Ifyou have ever seen the aimpoint with 3x magnifier from medal of honor warfigher

Any chance of modeling a more modern ACOG like this? opplanet-trijicon-acog-4x32-scope-dual-ill-red-pt223-ball-ret-4pt0-moa-ta51-mnt-back-v2.jpg I know nothing about modeling or anything but for this couldn't you take the reticule from the ARCO in game and use it in these? I know alot of people would like to see the good ol' chevron reticule and the ACOG model in the accessory pack is very outdated and it would be almost non-existent in 2035.

RobertHammer's Pistol Pack includes a RMR (exclusive to the FNP 45 Tactical) so presumably Alwarren could ask his permission about using that.

Could you just make the scope fixed and then do it 3d and cut back on the actual magnification. You already have a halo sight. Ifyou have ever seen the aimpoint with 3x magnifier from medal of honor warfigher

I could, but I wanted to have it usable with a close quarter sight as well. I'll think about it, I am still hoping BIS will add an animation source for it.

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Any chance of modeling a more modern ACOG like this? http://images2.opticsplanet.com/365-240-ffffff/opplanet-trijicon-acog-4x32-scope-dual-ill-red-pt223-ball-ret-4pt0-moa-ta51-mnt-back-v2.jpg I know nothing about modeling or anything but for this couldn't you take the reticule from the ARCO in game and use it in these? I know alot of people would like to see the good ol' chevron reticule and the ACOG model in the accessory pack is very outdated and it would be almost non-existent in 2035.

Thinning about that, I had trouble getting ian illuminated chevron to work. da12thmonkey gave me a tip, I'll have to try if that works. The BIS scopes are not illuminated, they don't work at night (only with NVG's which they shouldn't)

RobertHammer's Pistol Pack includes a RMR (exclusive to the FNP 45 Tactical) so presumably Alwarren could ask his permission about using that.

Naw, I already have on on my other ACOG :) I prefer to make stuff myself, TBH... I was even reluctant to accept textures.. It's not necessarily the result that counts for me, but the fun I have making it.

Nice pack man ! :)

You're welcome :)

I can't get the scopes to work on vanilla guns in beta 0.72, the peqs work fine though.

I can't get the scopes to work on vanilla guns in beta 0.72, the peqs work fine though.

What gun and what scope are you trying? Last time I checked it worked, but I haven't tried all of them, and maybe some of the SMG's might not work.

What gun and what scope are you trying? Last time I checked it worked, but I haven't tried all of them, and maybe some of the SMG's might not work.

Im currently using the 1.2 accessory pack, all the scopes dont work on ardy's mk18s (both versions) and BIS weapons. Last time it worked for me was on version 0.70 but then again maybe it's just me. :butbut:

*EDIT* Turns out that the russian addons by sudden was preventing it from working, accessory pack v1.2 works perfectly fine.

Edited by Xaysana

Im currently using the 1.2 accessory pack, all the scopes dont work on ardy's mk18s (both versions) and BIS weapons. Last time it worked for me was on version 0.70 but then again maybe it's just me. :butbut:

*EDIT* Turns out that the russian addons by sudden was preventing it from working, accessory pack v1.2 works perfectly fine.

Take a look at this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter

Yay!

Well, unfortunately the current implementation of how accessories work will make it impossible to have more than one of the overriding the global config, i.e. if another accessories pack will try to enable accessories on default weapons, it will run into similar problems. I've tried to lobby for a modification of the system, but unfortunately it didn't happen and it doesn't really look like they're going to change it anymore, so we're stuck with this.

Basically, this was the same with the magazines in Arma 2, and I am a bit surprised they went for the same type of solution this time (having to explicitly name the attachments instead of defining a compatibility). Problems like this were unavoidable.

I also noticed that the acogs ingame are sighted for 100m and I can't adjust them at all. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I also noticed that the acogs in game are sighted for 100m and I can't adjust them at all. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I think they are fine the way they are, acogs are not re zeroed while in combat situations. u have to un screw a cap and then use a screwdriver to zero them. the retical that Alwarren made is very accurate with a 100 m zero all u need to do is use a little Kentucky wind-age when shooting.

I also noticed that the acogs ingame are sighted for 100m and I can't adjust them at all. Is there anything that can be done about this?
I think they are fine the way they are, acogs are not re zeroed while in combat situations. u have to un screw a cap and then use a screwdriver to zero them. the retical that Alwarren made is very accurate with a 100 m zero all u need to do is use a little Kentucky wind-age when shooting.

What Savage said. The ACOG reticule is designed so you can adjust your point of aim based off the range (hence why the numbers are on the reticule). If someone is 400m away, you put the "4" line on the target. It works the other way, as well... If there's a man standing x meters away and you line up one of the reticules and it goes from shoulder to shoulder, that reticule tells you how far away the guy is in meters. It's not perfect, but it gets you on target pretty quick.

What Savage said. The ACOG reticule is designed so you can adjust your point of aim based off the range (hence why the numbers are on the reticule). If someone is 400m away, you put the "4" line on the target. It works the other way, as well... If there's a man standing x meters away and you line up one of the reticules and it goes from shoulder to shoulder, that reticule tells you how far away the guy is in meters. It's not perfect, but it gets you on target pretty quick.

thanks for clearing that up for me, thats what I was trying to get to saying.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Alwarrn If you ever get the time for new mods here is one Iam sure we would all like to see.

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2.php?id=ACOG&mid=6%20x%2048