Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

Ok, I have NO idea how this is possible, but your attachments are working and functional on new BIS weapons, like the MK20 (aka F2000)...

One thing I noticed about your magnified optics: they still use the old black border method, and not the new 3D optic method that was implemented...

Yay!

Ok, I have NO idea how this is possible, but your attachments are working and functional on new BIS weapons, like the MK20 (aka F2000)...

There is a new optic for the Green side, that will probably not work. I need to update the pack for that.

One thing I noticed about your magnified optics: they still use the old black border method, and not the new 3D optic method that was implemented...!

Yes, that's because they are not updated :)

Sorry for the question (just curious here), but how can the modified .cfg you made before the new weapons were released make your attachments work with these new weapons?

Yay!

Sorry for the question (just curious here), but how can the modified .cfg you made before the new weapons were released make your attachments work with these new weapons?

The config file just overrides the SlotsInfo base classes, so anything derived from it will still inherit it. But the new optics that are added in the Beta will no longer work on any gun if you load the Accessories bonus.

@gliptal Some times moders are given per-releases, that way they can get a head start on re coding.

I wish :D Unfortunately, if they did that, I wasn't one of them (BIS? *puppy eyes* :D))

The config file just overrides the SlotsInfo base classes, so anything derived from it will still inherit it. But the new optics that are added in the Beta will no longer work on any gun if you load the Accessories bonus.
Oh thanks, now I get it!

Yay!

Just to let every one know, After I updated steam this afternoon to BETA, I had no issues at all With FHQ packs. From what i have tested it GTG as is. I love the 3D scopes.

Pack just got updated to 1.2 for the Arma 3 Beta. New feature: The ACOG is now a 3D scope, in line with the rest of the sghts in Arma 3 Beta.

First post updated with new download location. Enjoy!

Just Tested and once again a great release :icon_eek:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

For some reason I can never extract your Accessories zip file when I DL it from your site. When its on Armaholic (as with previous versions) it works fine. I guess I'll have to wait. Computers are silly.

EDIT: And there it goes. Live and rock on, Armaholic! Thanks for the update, Alwarren!

Edited by GMJaken

The new ACOG 3D scope is nice - but in my opinion its to big. The viewpoint is too close for me. Would it be possible to back the viewpoint up a bit (or make the scope smaller in scale when zoomed in) without compromising the scopes magnification?

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great! Thanks a lot, Foxhound. First post updated with the new link.

For some reason I can never extract your Accessories zip file when I DL it from your site. When its on Armaholic (as with previous versions) it works fine. I guess I'll have to wait. Computers are silly.

EDIT: And there it goes. Live and rock on, Armaholic! Thanks for the update, Alwarren!

Weird, I don't think that anybody else has this problem, and I don't really think Armaholic repacks the archives...

The new ACOG 3D scope is nice - but in my opinion its to big. The viewpoint is too close for me. Would it be possible to back the viewpoint up a bit (or make the scope smaller in scale when zoomed in) without compromising the scopes magnification?

If I move the eyepoint I will most likely have to redo the recticle, and I really don't want to go through that again :) I thought the closer viewpoint will make using the reticle easier. I am, however, still trying to figure out how I can make an illuminated retcile with the red glowing chevron, but so far, I had problems with it because the way I did the collimator sights don't work on this - I get weird artifacts. I'll revisit the viewpoint issue then, when I did this one I hadn't seen BIS' new scopes, or I would have made it more similar.

There is already an aimpoint in the pack as well as a micro CCO, which is more or less a short aimpoint.

Also, could you make an ACOG with illuminated sights? The real one is quite known for being relatively easy to aim with at night.

Any possibility of you guys making a aimpoint reflex red dot? Like this one from the Arma 2 Mk18 from Arma 2

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...AB0389C2B268A/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...DFDAEC3D9C00C/

I only get "The information you requested could not be retrieved." on these. But as 13isLucky said, an Aimpoint CompM4 is already in (black and tan variants).

There is already an aimpoint in the pack as well as a micro CCO, which is more or less a short aimpoint.

Also, could you make an ACOG with illuminated sights? The real one is quite known for being relatively easy to aim with at night.

I actually had one made (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882983718965791958/152F202BF9CC030E47D972B28BD461CEF37FE099/) but it had issues. You can't see it here, but if you use the ACOG against a darker background, you will see weird white and red lines around the illuminated parts. I didn't manage to get them fixed, and thought that I'd wait until BIS released the Beta to perhaps find out how they did it. Unfortunately, as it turned out, their reticlles aren't illuminated either, they have a color but they do not glow in the dark.

Still trying to figure out how to do this. The collimator sights method doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: Before someone complains about the visible jaggies, this is a preliminary version of the ACOG. In the released version, I added extra subdivision to the tube (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884110885613371804/C69BDD5EDCED33F66DD908F1B131B2D1AF034C77/) :)

I only get "The information you requested could not be retrieved." on these. But as 13isLucky said, an Aimpoint CompM4 is already in (black and tan variants).

I actually had one made (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882983718965791958/152F202BF9CC030E47D972B28BD461CEF37FE099/) but it had issues. You can't see it here, but if you use the ACOG against a darker background, you will see weird white and red lines around the illuminated parts. I didn't manage to get them fixed, and thought that I'd wait until BIS released the Beta to perhaps find out how they did it. Unfortunately, as it turned out, their reticlles aren't illuminated either, they have a color but they do not glow in the dark.

Still trying to figure out how to do this. The collimator sights method doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: Before someone complains about the visible jaggies, this is a preliminary version of the ACOG. In the released version, I added extra subdivision to the tube (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884110885613371804/C69BDD5EDCED33F66DD908F1B131B2D1AF034C77/) :)

Posted updated with working links

Posted updated with working links

Ah I see. Currently, I have not planned to add another Aimpoint, but I'll consider it after the Remington pack is complete.

Alwarren, any chance you could do a susat sight? Ive made the model in 3ds max just dont know where to go from here...