Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

Looks like I'm not able to get this working. I downloaded your M4 pack and this one, unpacked them and moved the @-folders into the A3 directory. Parameters added (copy paste) but everytime I start it says "Addon FHQ_M4 requires FHQ_Accessories". Expansion menu says both mods are in but if I place the Colt crate I get errors. What am I doing wrong?

Looks like I'm not able to get this working. I downloaded your M4 pack and this one, unpacked them and moved the @-folders into the A3 directory. Parameters added (copy paste) but everytime I start it says "Addon FHQ_M4 requires FHQ_Accessories". Expansion menu says both mods are in but if I place the Colt crate I get errors. What am I doing wrong?

Can you quote your mod line?

-mod=CBA_A3;@tropentarn;@DEditor;@fhq_accessoires;@fhq_m4_a3

That's it. :/

€: Wtf.. I just tried it after quoting and it works... Confusing, I want to know what I did.

-mod=CBA_A3;@tropentarn;@DEditor;@fhq_accessoires;@fhq_m4_a3

€: Wtf.. I just tried it after quoting and it works... Confusing, I want to know what I did.

Well I'd like to know as well :) If you find out let me know, I can put that in the manual.

Love your accessories, they fit well, thank you.

http://team-r3f.org/nanucq/fhqtest.jpg

One thing, you have a little mapping error on sides of Acog upper front rail (visible in TAN version).

They'll be added as compatible attachments in my next release :cool:

Love your accessories, they fit well, thank you.

http://team-r3f.org/nanucq/fhqtest.jpg

One thing, you have a little mapping error on sides of Acog upper front rail (visible in TAN version).

They'll be added as compatible attachments in my next release :cool:

Kewl. Love your pack, we need more of that stuff ;) And the FAMAS Felin feels right at home in the 2035 scnario.

Thanks for the pointer with the ACOG. I'll look into it, I have been reworking them anyway - since the beta will have 3D scopes, I made them 3D scopes as well :)

The sight needs to be moved forward if possible, needs to line up with the front of the upper reviver or 7 rail slots forward. I think it got placed where the iron sights go.

Difficult to do. Placement of these items is pretty problematic, since it depends entirely on the position of the proxies. For the HWS/g33 combo for example there is no room for movement since the M4's top receiver rail is too short, but on the MX it will clip through the back sight. Not much that can be done about it.

Read through the whole thread, will download and test right away, GREAT work anyway! :D

Yay!

Try to add an @ before CBA_A3; and a ';' after @fhq_m4_a3.

-mod=[b]@[/b]CBA_A3;@tropentarn;@DEditor;@fhq_accessoires;@fhq_m4_a3[b];[/b]

So, in this thread user Black Cat found that

Using

- Sudden's Russians

Breaks

- FHQ Accessories pack

Issue

Accessories are no longer placeable on the vanilla guns.

Solution

--------

I guess this is because of the following reason? Am I right to think that Sudden's Russian config overrides yours, thus meaning that only his attachments can be added on vanilla weapons?
Venturing a guess, a weapon pack could override the 'Rifle' class WeaponSlotsInfo and add its own attachments there. This would make these attachments usable with the vanilla weapons as well as all weapons that inherit the WeaponSlotsInfo from the default rifle. However, that's a bad idea since it will no longer work when another pack does the same; then it will depend on the order of loading which accessories you can use.
Would a custom config containing both attachments options solve the issue? As a partial solution, would changing the Mod load order (loading your's after Sudden's) make your attachments work on vanilla weapons and not his?

Yay!

So, in this thread user Black Cat found that

I guess this is because of the following reason? Am I right to think that Sudden's Russian config overrides yours, thus meaning that only his attachments can be added on vanilla weapons?

Would a custom config containing both attachments options solve the issue? As a partial solution, would changing the Mod load order (loading your's after Sudden's) make your attachments work on vanilla weapons and not his?

Yay!

Yes that is probably what happens. In order to mount the FHQ Accessories to a vanilla gun, I override the global CowsSlot and PointerSlot classes. Since that is potentially game-breaking, I made this an option in the FHQ Accessories pack (simply do not install the bonus PBO). And indeed, it depends on the load order - moving one of the addons up in the load order will change the behavior.

I'm afraid there isn't much that can be done about this without BIS changing the mounting interface. This is exactly the reason why I never get tired of pointing to issue 2766 in the issue tracker - this is IMO a very important think to fix and BIS should really have addressed this already, because it will happen over and over again; it's already an issue now, and will be much more so once more weapon addons are out.

Yes that is probably what happens. In order to mount the FHQ Accessories to a vanilla gun, I override the global CowsSlot and PointerSlot classes. Since that is potentially game-breaking, I made this an option in the FHQ Accessories pack (simply do not install the bonus PBO). And indeed, it depends on the load order - moving one of the addons up in the load order will change the behavior.
What would happen if I took both files and try and merge them togheter enabling both Mods accessories? Would that take care of the issue?

Yay!

What would happen if I took both files and try and merge them togheter enabling both Mods accessories? Would that take care of the issue?

The overriding definitions are in an extra pbo, so you could theoretically take that, merge it with the other addon's stuff, and put it all in a new addon that unifies this. Problems arise if there is more than two addons that override the slot infos.

The best solution would be for BIS to change the interfacing (*hint hint nudge nudge*)

Anyway, here's the source code of the FHQ Accessories Bonus PBO. Feel free to use it.

#define private        0
#define protected        1
#define public        2

#define true    1
#define false    0

class CfgPatches {
   class FHQ_Accessory_Bonus {
       units[] = {};
       weapons[] = {    
       };
       requiredVersion = 1;
       requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F","A3_Weapons_F_Acc"};
   };
};

class SlotInfo;
class CowsSlot: SlotInfo
{
   linkProxy = "\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\TOP";
   displayName = "$STR_A3_CowsSlot0";
   compatibleItems[] = {
       "optic_Arco", "optic_aco", "optic_ACO_grn", "optic_hamr", "optic_Holosight", "optic_SOS",
       "FHQ_optic_ACOG", "FHQ_optic_AIM","FHQ_optic_AIM_tan", "FHQ_optic_TWS3050", "FHQ_optic_HWS_G33", "FHQ_optic_HWS", "FHQ_optic_HWS_tan", "FHQ_optic_HWS_G33_tan",
       "FHQ_optic_ACOG_tan", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO_tan",
       "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO_low", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO_low_tan",
       "FHQ_optic_LeupoldERT", "FHQ_optic_LeupoldERT_tan" 
   };
};
class PointerSlot: SlotInfo
{
   linkProxy = "\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE";
   displayName = "$STR_A3_PointerSlot0";
   compatibleItems[] = {
       "acc_flashlight","acc_pointer_IR",
       "FHQ_acc_ANPEQ15", "FHQ_acc_LLM01L", "FHQ_acc_LLM01F"
   };
};

The overriding definitions are in an extra pbo, so you could theoretically take that, merge it with the other addon's stuff, and put it all in a new addon that unifies this. Problems arise if there is more than two addons that override the slot infos.

The best solution would be for BIS to change the interfacing (*hint hint nudge nudge*)

Anyway, here's the source code of the FHQ Accessories Bonus PBO. Feel free to use it.

#define private        0
#define protected        1
#define public        2

#define true    1
#define false    0

class CfgPatches {
   class FHQ_Accessory_Bonus {
       units[] = {};
       weapons[] = {    
       };
       requiredVersion = 1;
       requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F","A3_Weapons_F_Acc"};
   };
};

class SlotInfo;
class CowsSlot: SlotInfo
{
   linkProxy = "\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\TOP";
   displayName = "$STR_A3_CowsSlot0";
   compatibleItems[] = {
       "optic_Arco", "optic_aco", "optic_ACO_grn", "optic_hamr", "optic_Holosight", "optic_SOS",
       "FHQ_optic_ACOG", "FHQ_optic_AIM","FHQ_optic_AIM_tan", "FHQ_optic_TWS3050", "FHQ_optic_HWS_G33", "FHQ_optic_HWS", "FHQ_optic_HWS_tan", "FHQ_optic_HWS_G33_tan",
       "FHQ_optic_ACOG_tan", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO_tan",
       "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO_low", "FHQ_optic_MicroCCO_low_tan",
       "FHQ_optic_LeupoldERT", "FHQ_optic_LeupoldERT_tan" 
   };
};
class PointerSlot: SlotInfo
{
   linkProxy = "\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE";
   displayName = "$STR_A3_PointerSlot0";
   compatibleItems[] = {
       "acc_flashlight","acc_pointer_IR",
       "FHQ_acc_ANPEQ15", "FHQ_acc_LLM01L", "FHQ_acc_LLM01F"
   };
};

Thank you, I'll try and merge the addons with my (limited) programming knowledge!

Yay!

EDIT: Can't seem to make it work, I'm probably missing something (may be that I have zero modding experience)... I guess the partial solution (Mod loading order) will have to do!

Edited by Gliptal

Just create a folder, put the modified config.cpp in it, and run BinPBO to create a pbo.

Just create a folder, put the modified config.cpp in it, and run BinPBO to create a pbo.
Oh it's config.cpp and not config.bin?

Will try ASAP...

Yay!

config.bin is the result of binarization, binPBO does that :)

I can't seem to edit correctly the config, I think the issue is with the other Mod (or more probably with me)...

I think the loading order partial solution will have to suffice for now, at least until BIS changes how accessories are handled! Thank you for the support, I think that making Mods as compatible as possible is quite important in such a modded game like ArmA!

Yay!

Any possibility of making a micro aimpoint with 3x magnification scope like the one here:

http://www.defensereview.com/stories/ferfrans/FERFRANS_Piston_SOAR_LaRue_Tactical_Mounts_8_30_08.jpg

I know there is a Halo w/ 3x mag and I also know BI is making their own variant

I was planning to add an aimpoint magnifier at one point, but not right away. There will be an update of the current pack with the 3D scoped ACOG, then I will start to work on getting the Remington pack over to Arma 3. After that, we'll see :)

I was planning to add an aimpoint magnifier at one point, but not right away. There will be an update of the current pack with the 3D scoped ACOG, then I will start to work on getting the Remington pack over to Arma 3. After that, we'll see :)

Thanks, Cheers. Can't wait to play a Hunting mod with your Remington 870

New BIS weapons were realeased with the latest Development Build (having all Beta content)... I guess a new BIS weapons + your accessories .cfg is called for, although there is so much to do in the Beta that you can take it totally easy with the fix! :D

Yay!

New BIS weapons were realeased with the latest Development Build (having all Beta content)... I guess a new BIS weapons + your accessories .cfg is called for, although there is so much to do in the Beta that you can take it totally easy with the fix! :D

Yay!

Yeah, I guess I need to review the list of new accessories in the beta to see what I need to change :)