Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

Alwarren, the BI-made ACO is zeroed to 200 meters. You don't have to make a separate "folded front sight" M4 variant since someone's already working on a "SOPMOD Block 2" though.

You don't have to make a separate "folded front sight" M4 variant since someone's already working on a "SOPMOD Block 2" though.

I might make them anyway just because ;) We'll see, I definitely want a bit of extra variety like the Magpul AFG and maybe some extra Magpul parts. Or maybe I just move on the the Remingtons, I am having my sights (pun intended) on an M24A3.

Glad to see you expanding your pack :). I think i will be using it with my battle rifle pack, much easier than making my own :)

I might make them anyway just because ;) We'll see, I definitely want a bit of extra variety like the Magpul AFG and maybe some extra Magpul parts. Or maybe I just move on the the Remingtons, I am having my sights (pun intended) on an M24A3.

Yea would love to see some more magpul gear, BAD lever? OR Maybe DD 45degre off set back up iron sights.

Ehh, the way things go in Arma 3 the BAD would basically be purely a cosmetic/hand animation thing -- the 45-degree offset BUIS (or 45-degree offset mini-collimator) would be a cooler addition, especially if it works like MOH: Warfighter where one didn't have the jarring "go from black-around-scope to the collimator/iron sight" that we do when switching optics in Arma.

Yeah, like Chortles said, you got that one wrong. I know that these things are fixed, and I don't intend on changing that, the idea was that the high mount variant might be zeroes at 200 meters while the low mount variant might be 100, making it more of a cqb sight.

I understand the game engine may not allow for this much "precision" in ballistics, but... Keep in mind that if a M4 is zeroed for 200 meters, it's also zeroed for 50-ish meters. If zeroed for 100 meters, it's also zeroed to 300-ish yards/meters (or something very close). So the 200m zero should actually be the CQB zero, assuming BIS's ballistics are remotely close to reality.

I completely understand if it's not that "easy" in-game. Regardless, more T-1s in game are always a good thing.

Glad to see you expanding your pack :). I think i will be using it with my battle rifle pack, much easier than making my own :)

Let me know when you need it, I can send you a "preview" version of the latest pack. Not quite complete yet, but it will also contain a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T which might be interesting for a battle rifle :)

Yea would love to see some more magpul gear, BAD lever? OR Maybe DD 45degre off set back up iron sights.

Problem with anything of that nature is that the attachment system is (sadly) quite limited. Adding angled iron sights will require to add them to the sight, not the weapon since the optic overrides any eye points the weapon defines. I wish they had done it a bit more flexible - like allow a second optic attachment, two side rail attachments, or just any number of rails allowing you to attach as many attachments that are compatible and fit. But I guess I am asking too much, and plainly, if they switch the current attachment system to a rail-based one, I'll be happy.

Ehh, the way things go in Arma 3 the BAD would basically be purely a cosmetic/hand animation thing -- the 45-degree offset BUIS (or 45-degree offset mini-collimator) would be a cooler addition, especially if it works like MOH: Warfighter where one didn't have the jarring "go from black-around-scope to the collimator/iron sight" that we do when switching optics in Arma.

I did experiment with open tube sights in Arma 2. The DesignMastery M4's used these, and it is possible in Arma 3 as well. I do wonder though whether it is worth the effort, since getting the reticle done right takes time and it will be inconsistent with existing optics.

In any case, I plan to make a Leupold with an angled red dot (Micro-T1 or Docter), but that will be one "unit".

I understand the game engine may not allow for this much "precision" in ballistics, but... Keep in mind that if a M4 is zeroed for 200 meters, it's also zeroed for 50-ish meters. If zeroed for 100 meters, it's also zeroed to 300-ish yards/meters (or something very close). So the 200m zero should actually be the CQB zero, assuming BIS's ballistics are remotely close to reality.

I completely understand if it's not that "easy" in-game. Regardless, more T-1s in game are always a good thing.

There is no way to influence this. Obviously, the bullet will originate below the line of sighting, and eventually climb high enough to cross the LOS, but the only thing I can do is specify the zeroing of the sight; the bullet trajectory is more or less influenced by the muzzle velocity, air friction etc. I don't know whether I can define a per-weapon muzzle velocity - it would be nice if I could because it would make an obvious difference between different barrel lengths, but the bottom line is, there isn't much fine control over this unless you start to modify everything, and the M4's use the standard 5.56 NATO round that is already in the game; and obviously, the whole equation changes if you use a different weapon.

Thanks Alwarren for your insight. Yea it would be cool to have all accessories that you want on one gun, but the game is limited. With the BAD Lever It could be just cosmetic same with the 45 degree sights. I like the Idea of the side mounded red dot its what I use in 3 gun.

New addition to the pack:

9epQqmzs.pngB9pwynqs.png

(click for larger)

Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x scope in both black and tan. I'm quite happy how the texture turned out (still my weak point)

There is no way to influence this. Obviously, the bullet will originate below the line of sighting, and eventually climb high enough to cross the LOS, but the only thing I can do is specify the zeroing of the sight; the bullet trajectory is more or less influenced by the muzzle velocity, air friction etc. I don't know whether I can define a per-weapon muzzle velocity - it would be nice if I could because it would make an obvious difference between different barrel lengths, but the bottom line is, there isn't much fine control over this unless you start to modify everything, and the M4's use the standard 5.56 NATO round that is already in the game; and obviously, the whole equation changes if you use a different weapon.

Completely understand. I figured it wasn't quite that easy in-game, but just was putting it out there in case some new model/breakthrough happened in A3's engine. I haven't played in A3 enough to make a comment, but in A2, it seems like (assuming the gun is zeroed at 100m) if you shoot someone at 25m and at 100m (in-game), it hits the same basic point, when in reality, that's not what happens. It's a shame when the engine is so powerful with so many other things.

Again, I understand this is a limitation you have to work around and not one you're putting in place.

And nice MK4.

New addition to the pack:

http://i.imgur.com/9epQqmzs.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/B9pwynqs.png

(click for larger)

Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x scope in both black and tan. I'm quite happy how the texture turned out (still my weak point)

Sweet cant wait to see these guys in action. I really like the tan one. What kind of recital will we get?

Completely understand. I figured it wasn't quite that easy in-game, but just was putting it out there in case some new model/breakthrough happened in A3's engine. I haven't played in A3 enough to make a comment, but in A2, it seems like (assuming the gun is zeroed at 100m) if you shoot someone at 25m and at 100m (in-game), it hits the same basic point, when in reality, that's not what happens. It's a shame when the engine is so powerful with so many other things.

Again, I understand this is a limitation you have to work around and not one you're putting in place.

Yeah, any bullet trajectory will have a rising and falling arc, and since the aiming device is above the barrel, there will be two points where it intersects the aiming line. From what I have seen firing tracer bullets, it's the same in Arma 3.

And nice MK4.

Sweet cant wait to see these guys in action. I really like the tan one. What kind of recital will we get?

I liked the color for the tan one, I tried to imitate the one on Leupold''s home page. These will have a standard mil-dot reticle. I might eventually add more scopes like a Schmidt & Bender with an illuminated scope and range estimation markers, I'll see... For now I probably will add the G33 scope and call it finished for the next release, I want to get the stuff out including server keys.

---------- Post added at 02:18 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

HAny chance of you fixing the iron sights on the M4? They're WAY too tall and skinny. !

I looked at them again and compared them to photos I had. They aren't too high, but they certainly were too skinny. The based of the front sight should be almost the same width as the barrel, and it wasn't. It is now, I guess you will be happier with the new version :)

Let me know when you need it, I can send you a "preview" version of the latest pack. Not quite complete yet, but it will also contain a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T which might be interesting for a battle rifle :)

That would be great, i will drop you a PM. Still need to fix a few things with the models yet, but they are getting there. :)

Super late, but is there a way to displace the mount to the frontmost of the reciever? It's where I've seen it the most, so I guess it would make it more... *authentic*?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/cheaptrick_photos/DSC00013.jpg (118 kB)

Cool looking model nontheless!

I will have to move some of that stuff forward a bit anyway, because otherwise it interferes with the iron sights on BIS weapons. The MX rear iron sight is pretty far to the front, so e.g. the ACOG goes through it.

Just released a new version. I updated the first post accordingly.

Notable new features:

• New ACOG model and reticle
  • New Holo sights and remodeled G33
  • New Micro-T1 CCO with LaRue tactical mount (high and low)
  • New Leupold Mark 4 ER/T sniper scope with three zoom levels (6.5, 10, 19.5) and working mildot scope in all three zoom levels
  • Re-texture of Aimpoint and LLM-01

The new version comes with an extra PBO that, if installed, enables the FHQ accessories to be used on BIS weapons. Note, though, that there might be glitches with the iron sights getting in the way - they're mounted pretty far to the front on the BIS weapons, making this a bit weitd, but I cannot move them further forward without making things look off with the M4's.

Now also includes server keys and signatures.

Enjoy!

outstanding job! Thank you very much for the update. :)

Edit: just had a chance to give em a go. Everything works as it should: the extra pbo takes care of making those sights compatible with BIS weapons (well done!). Does the pbo make your attachments compatible with weapon addons released by other people or just BIS weapons?

I still think the Holo is a bit large, and I wonder what other peeps' impressions are.

Definitely nicer textures on flashlight and IR laser.

A superb pack, and I am especially grateful for the micro cco! :)

Will be updating my config soon to extend compatibility with this updated pack.

Edited by GvsE

Just tried them, i like it. :)

Are you aware of the bug that when you zoom in on the 4xHolo you lower your weapon? Looks kinda weird

outstanding job! Thank you very much for the update. :)

You're welcome ;)

Edit: just had a chance to give em a go. Everything works as it should: the extra pbo takes care of making those sights compatible with BIS weapons (well done!). Does the pbo make your attachments compatible with weapon addons released by other people or just BIS weapons?

Only if the weapons inherit from the Rifle baseclass directly. All current BIS weapons do (except for the underwater guns that don't have attachment slots), so if a weapon doesn't override the default, the attachments should work on those as well.

I still think the Holo is a bit large, and I wonder what other peeps' impressions are.

Well, I did check against the specs on the EoTech/L3 home page, and the size should be correct according to their specs.

Definitely nicer textures on flashlight and IR laser.

A superb pack, and I am especially grateful for the micro cco! :)

Thought you might like 'em ;)

Thanks Will have to give them a full rundown.

Alwarren Keep up the great work.

Just tried them, i like it. :)

Are you aware of the bug that when you zoom in on the 4xHolo you lower your weapon? Looks kinda weird

I do think that is the case with all sights... if you lower the weapon and switch to "raise sights", it keeps the weapon down.

I did notice some oddities with the Leupold (it may sometimes stay zoomed in when you go off the sights) but I don't think it is a fault of the scope, but rather due to the fact that it has three zoom steps... still trying to find a reliable repro for that.

I'm having problems extracting v1.1 with 7-Zip. It claims it can't open it as an archive. Suggestions?

EDIT: Tried it with WinZip, and it says it cannot be unzipped.

Edited by GMJaken

I will say, on the M4 some of the scopes won't mount to it but will mount to the BI weapons

the m4 pack has been updated too. do you have the latest version? If you do, launch the game only with FHQ addons, and then add your remaining mods one after another to see which one is interfering with alwarren's.

I'm having problems extracting v1.1 with 7-Zip. It claims it can't open it as an archive. Suggestions?

EDIT: Tried it with WinZip, and it says it cannot be unzipped.

Try to download again, the fact that other people already use the pack suggests there has been a transfer error during your download :)

I will say, on the M4 some of the scopes won't mount to it but will mount to the BI weapons

As GvsE said. the M4's have been updated to 1.6, you need that. That's another unfortunate side effect of the way that BIS' mounting interface works. I know I start sounding like a broken record, but we need a change similar to the one proposed here in order to avoid this and ensure interoperability with other packs.