Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

It's a Trijicon RMR by the looks; they're built that way to be more durable than the old RedDot/Docter/Shield Mini Sight, without the need for protective wings.

Not sure the text on the sight is correct Al: AFAIK all TA31 ACOGs have a fibre-optic illumination strip on top (like the two inblack dog's pic) where the TA01 is the tritium illuminated one with BUIS on top.

TA31RCO-A4

It's an RMR indeed. Trijicon sells them as a combo.

I am not sure about the illumination strip since AFAIK they are prohibited in some countries (at least they are in Germany) because their irradiation is higher than the maximum allowed by law. The reference picture I used claimed to be a genuine Trijicon TA31RCO-A4, and it didn't have the strip.This one is advertised as a TA31 and doesn't have it, as does this one (although at a price of below USD100 I cannot imagine this is a genuine Trijicon).

I guess easiest way to fix it is to leave the text off.

Is it possible for you to change the acog view from the arco?...

Hm, I'll check it out. I assume that this is with the scope, i.e. through the magnifier?

I can also confirm this issue. The G33 shoots consistantly to the left through the magnifier. I'm not sure about through the EOTech itself.

Is it possible for you to change the acog view from the arco?...

I am not quite sure what you mean. If you mean a "real" ACOG reticle, I was planning to do that.

I can also confirm this issue. The G33 shoots consistantly to the left through the magnifier. I'm not sure about through the EOTech itself.

I'll check it.

We'd still need keys and signatures for the accessories pack. ;)

I think i have found the FHQ M4 in the ADF signed (intentionally?), but the nice attachments are missing.

We'd still need keys and signatures for the accessories pack. ;)

I think i have found the FHQ M4 in the ADF signed (intentionally?), but the nice attachments are missing.

I'll have the next released of them signed. I am currently remaking some of the stuff in the accessories pack, and that will require an update of the M4's anyway (because of the reasons I never get tired to point out :))

EDIT: The M4's in ADF are using the older config, and different class names as per my request, because I don't want them to clash when I release an update.

Edited by Alwarren

any progress on updating the front sight post. great work over all but this is the one thing that just bugs be every time that I use the Mod, I know u might have said it in the past that it will be fixed. Also any chance of getting a 3x mag for the Aim point. Keep up the great work.

any progress on updating the front sight post. great work over all but this is the one thing that just bugs be every time that I use the Mod, I know u might have said it in the past that it will be fixed.

What is actually wrong with the Front sight? I always hear people complain about it, but when I ask what the issue is I don't get any reply anymore. So here we go again, please point out what the issue is and I might be able to fix it.

Also any chance of getting a 3x mag for the Aim point. Keep up the great work.

Yeah, I might add one. Right now I am in the process of remodelling some of the old attachments that I don't like anymore. Current progress:

New ACOG in black and Tan, with correct chevron type reticle

New Holo in black and Tan

Screenshots:

4N3dcpls.jpga7yNS1As.jpgPAdfhqLs.jpg

(click for larger)

Hey Al. First off, love the mod. I use it in all my missions.

Any chance of you fixing the iron sights on the M4? They're WAY too tall and skinny. They remind me of slenderman D:

This is the best IRL image I could find for reference:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_59GYpEVAu0U/TM5k0neiAHI/AAAAAAAAAgY/X8zQzmktqbU/s1600/ar-15-sight.jpg

Regardless, thanks for your amazing work!

Any chance of you fixing the iron sights on the M4? They're WAY too tall and skinny. They remind me of slenderman D:

This is the best IRL image I could find for reference:

Yea this what I was trying to say also and the sights should be co witnessed a little better . Here is what i could find but I think MacScottie can explain it better then me.

http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/opticsreticles/EOTech/65MOA.jpg

Is there a way to get the classnames so that we can add these new toys directly to our loadouts?

Just a pet peeve of mine, don't know if anyone else mentioned it but, could you make the bolt carrier a more blackish/Grey-ish color, I haven't seen a shiny silver bolt carrier ever....

Edit: Shit wrong thread, but its meant for your M4s =)

Edited by jakethesnake245

Edit: Shit wrong thread, but its meant for your M4s =)

I already figured you meant the M4's :) I'll see what I can do.

Some more progress shots:

5ZqhY4Ns.jpgTMKetk1s.jpg

(click for larger)

That's an Aimpoint Micro T-1 on a LaRue mount, both high and low variants. The low variant will not make much sense on the M4 since the front post is in the way, but I made a small extra pbo that enables the use of these on the BIS weapons as well. Four variants in total (low and high, black and tan)

WOW. Im grinning right now! :D Thank you. Cant wait for the release. Looks absolutely great.

Does your getting it to work with BIS rifles mean the sight can be mounted on any custom weapons? Btw, good job on that.

Edited by GvsE

I like, I like... is the difference between low and high reflected in zeroing and the first-person view, or is it purely a aesthetic/cosmetic difference?

WOW. Im grinning right now! :D Thank you. Cant wait for the release. Looks absolutely great.

Does your getting it to work with BIS rifles mean the sight can be mounted on any custom weapons? Btw, good job on that.

Thanks :) If a rifle inherits the plain BIS slot config, it will work; Most rifles that have their own config will not, though.

I like, I like... is the difference between low and high reflected in zeroing and the first-person view, or is it purely a aesthetic/cosmetic difference?

I suppose I could give the low version a lower zeroing, since it will be mostly usable on SMG's. On the M4 it is obstructed by the front post, and the MX it just barely looks over the folded iron sights. Other than that, the current setup compensates only for the lower aim point, but the functionality is the same.

I don't want to impose, I was just wondering if there was any actual difference at this current time; then again I tend to imagine "M4s that aesthetically I prefer for use in shooters" to have the non-standard folded-down front sights so co-witness or obstruction would be a non-issue, and I don't mind the low version just barely looking over the folded iron sight. Still, it's an interesting proposal that you have there -- for SMGs, but also "for a carbine with the expectation of urban/house-to-house"? Considering the ticket about how allegedly trajectories are actually "straight until bullet drop begins at 300 m" (think Battlefield 3-style) your proposal would be more influential if trajectories are instead parabolic in Arma 3.

I suppose I could give the low version a lower zeroing, since it will be mostly usable on SMG's. On the M4 it is obstructed by the front post, and the MX it just barely looks over the folded iron sights. Other than that, the current setup compensates only for the lower aim point, but the functionality is the same.

Once the T-1 Or the H-1 micro like the one you are making are zeroed you leave it be. This is a fixed 1x power optic. so there should be no way to zero it during the game like some of the other optics. In the middle of Fire fight you dont have time to re-zero.

What whould be cool is to have this paired with a 3x magnifier like the one you made for the Eotech.

Cant wait to get this guy in game and load up some QCB.

sgt_Savage2003, I believe that you're misinterpreting Alwarren -- currently both vanilla collimator optics and magnified optics in Arma 3 are fixed power and with a fixed zero; I believe what he meant was that he could adjust the zero distance for the "low T-1" to be shorter than that of the "high version".

My main interest in the question is if indeed we're going to have parabolic trajectories instead of "straight until about 300 meters then drop", seeing as the vanilla collimator (ACO) is zeroed to 200 meters and I'm not sure what the ARCO/RCO-mounted mini-collimators are zeroed to.

Edited by Chortles

@Alwarren,

Those new ACOG are beautiful, and I wonder if you could use the PIP to achieve 3d scope? I think it's actually not that hard, add a LOD and set a config, you may refer to speedboat's config.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

I don't want to impose, I was just wondering if there was any actual difference at this current time; then again I tend to imagine "M4s that aesthetically I prefer for use in shooters" to have the non-standard folded-down front sights so co-witness or obstruction would be a non-issue, and I don't mind the low version just barely looking over the folded iron sight.

I might add more variants of the M4 later which includes the folded sights. I also mad a Magpul AFG I want to use (also on the Remingtons), but currently I am focussing on getting the attachments done :)

Still, it's an interesting proposal that you have there -- for SMGs, but also "for a carbine with the expectation of urban/house-to-house"? Considering the ticket about how allegedly trajectories are actually "straight until bullet drop begins at 300 m" (think Battlefield 3-style) your proposal would be more influential if trajectories are instead parabolic in Arma 3.

If that is true (i read it somewhere too that the bullets only start to drop after a certain range) I sincerely hope it gets dixed, because in a realistic game I expect realistic ballistics, at the very least this should be a difficulty/server setting. IIRC, the ACO's are zeroed at 300 meters, but I am not sure.

Once the T-1 Or the H-1 micro like the one you are making are zeroed you leave it be. This is a fixed 1x power optic. so there should be no way to zero it during the game like some of the other optics. In the middle of Fire fight you dont have time to re-zero.

What whould be cool is to have this paired with a 3x magnifier like the one you made for the Eotech.

Cant wait to get this guy in game and load up some QCB.

Yeah, like Chortles said, you got that one wrong. I know that these things are fixed, and I don't intend on changing that, the idea was that the high mount variant might be zeroes at 200 meters while the low mount variant might be 100, making it more of a cqb sight.

@Alwarren,

Those new ACOG are beautiful, and I wonder if you could use the PIP to achieve 3d scope? I think it's actually not that hard, add a LOD and set a config, you may refer to speedboat's config.

The problem with that idea is two-fold. For one thing, the PIP can be disabled, and if someone needs to disable it because of performance, the ACOG would be useless.

Secondly, the PIP effect slows things down tremendously and is not updated every frame, so it would probably be a very unreliable targeting aid.

In Arma 2 I did experiment with open scopes like the DesignMastery weapons, but I am not sure that this is worth the effort. It ill certainly not work with things like the G33 scope which can be swiveled down.

If that is true (i read it somewhere too that the bullets only start to drop after a certain range) I sincerely hope it gets dixed, because in a realistic game I expect realistic ballistics, at the very least this should be a difficulty/server setting.

Replying to myself, shooting tracer ammo seems to indicate that the ballistics is correct in Arma 3. Setting time acceleration to 0.1 and shooting at the runway lights, I can see the bullet climb over the line of runway lights and then fall back.

It would have come as a real surprise if the ballistics were so messed up.

@Alwarren, I see where you are going with this. I would still would like to have the option of using the Riser on on my CQB M-16 setups. But with the way you make all the accessories interchangeable, I know we will get what we want.