Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

Really good mod.

However, it seems the red dot of the aimpoint and the docter sight are visible as a laserdot. I see it placed on objects when not aiming down the sights.

I'll check tomorrow if its another mod interfering.

Really good mod.

However, it seems the red dot of the aimpoint and the docter sight are visible as a laserdot. I see it placed on objects when not aiming down the sights.

I'll check tomorrow if its another mod interfering.

Are you using the Dev build? If yes, can you verify that the Eotech on the G33 is working correctly?

For whatever reason, the sights all work for me under both the normal and dev build, but some people have problems. But the EoTech uses a slightly different approach, so I'd like to verify whether that works correctly - if yes, I can modify all of them to use the other approach.

please make these usable with the arma 3 vanilla weapons!

please make these usable with the arma 3 vanilla weapons!
Only BI can (properly) do that...

Are you using the Dev...

I'm not using Dev build.

The EOTech works fine.

I tried without any other mod active and still the same problem with the reddots.

Its not a big issue for me, just wanted te let you know, don't know if anyone else has te same problem..?

Sure hope BIS would give you a hand on this project, making it compatible with other A3 weapons!

I'm not using Dev build.

The EOTech works fine.

I tried without any other mod active and still the same problem with the reddots.

Its not a big issue for me, just wanted te let you know, don't know if anyone else has te same problem..?

Sure hope BIS would give you a hand on this project, making it compatible with other A3 weapons!

So far the problem only showed up on the dev builds for people, but since the Eotech works, I'll do it like that for all others. Thank you very much for testing.

Very nice mod! Finally, ACOG, weeee!

I think, LLM01 looks kinda strange, it's black IRL, not silver.

LLM1.jpg

LLM3.jpg

LLM5.jpg

P.S. I've seen silver LLM01 once, but it was airsoft replica made from aluminium bar ;)

I think, LLM01 looks kinda strange, it's black IRL, not silver.

It was supposed to be a darkish grey, but for some reasons, the textures in Arma 3 seem to come out much brighter than they appear in Blender, or in Arma 2.

I was basing my model/textures off the photos on this page, which can probably be best described as "dirty grey" ;)

Well, I guess, photos on that site was taken using lightbox, which made it looks real "bleached".

Its just black plastic, with rugged surface, pretty much same colour as the "gun metal black".

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/28/article-2315977-0D35742F000005DC-43_634x439.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/71-zkpep-rl._aa1500_rvpgp.jpg (205 kB)

Yeah, not doubting it. As I said, I was aiming for a much darker grey but it came out more brighter in Arma 3, probably a matter of the rvmat. I'll tweak it since I am in the process of remodelling some stuff anyway...

Yeah, not doubting it. As I said, I was aiming for a much darker grey but it came out more brighter in Arma 3, probably a matter of the rvmat. I'll tweak it since I am in the process of remodelling some stuff anyway...

Look at the black we got on the M4, that with a slightly more bright/blueish for the main body - the rest should be fine with the base tone.

Work-in-process render of the new Eotech/Holo:

Nm6q6aKs.png

(click for larger)

Lowres version, as it appears in game. There'll be two versions, a tan and a black one.

Work-in-process render of the new Eotech/Holo:

http://i.imgur.com/Nm6q6aKs.png

(click for larger)

Lowres version, as it appears in game. There'll be two versions, a tan and a black one.

-----Sir, please, could you improve the ACOG quality, which'polygon is ugly, doesn't fit ARMA3

-----Sir, please, could you improve the ACOG quality, which'polygon is ugly, doesn't fit ARMA3

That is not an ACOG...

That is not an ACOG...
I think it was more a "please prioritize the ACOG over the EOTech" post...

One at a time, but I already said that most of the stuff is up for remodelling.

The eotech looks fantastic!

Just one tiny request (reminder): if possible, please remove the zoom while using it (naturally, preserving the zoom for magnifying optics).

Finally, are you planning to release incremental updates or one big update when all the sights are remodeled? I wouldn't mind the incremental updates ;)

The eotech looks fantastic!

Just one tiny request (reminder): if possible, please remove the zoom while using it (naturally, preserving the zoom for magnifying optics).

Finally, are you planning to release incremental updates or one big update when all the sights are remodeled? I wouldn't mind the incremental updates ;)

I guess I'll copy the zoom settings from the original Eotech for consistency.

About the updates, I don't know yet. If I want to add the EoTech both with the magnifier and without (which I plan to do) then I have to update the M4's as well. It depends on the time I have available.

Hey. Alwarren...I Just wanted to mention something. Before any of the major updates were initiated for ArmA III, all the weapons and attachments seemed to work find with each other. For example, I downloaded the Canadian Arms pack (From the modules section) and decided to fool around with their version of the carry handle on your M4 (just for lols), and it worked fine with both your weapon pack, the Russian weapon pack, and the vanilla weapons. This also applies to all other attachments I used as well. Would you happen to know what caused this at all?

Venturing a guess, a weapon pack could override the 'Rifle' class WeaponSlotsInfo and add its own attachments there. This would make these attachments usable with the vanilla weapons as well as all weapons that inherit the WeaponSlotsInfo from the default rifle. However, that's a bad idea since it will no longer work when another pack does the same; then it will depend on the order of loading which accessories you can use.

Unless BIS changes their mounting interface, there is no way to do this in a clean way. Vote this ticket up if you haven't done so already. Seriously, I cannot stress this fact enough, it is mandatory that this gets changed or each and every weapon will have to use their own set of accessories with no change of interoperability. I seriously hope that a BIS developer reads this (at the danger of sounding like a broken record)

Since the acog backup sight has that glitch where it displays the red dot on everything, do you think you just inadvertently discovered a way to make a daytime laser sight attachment?

Since the acog backup sight has that glitch where it displays the red dot on everything, do you think you just inadvertently discovered a way to make a daytime laser sight attachment?

Only if you don't want to be able to switch it off. The 'L'-Key will only toggle the laserof an attachment. IIRC, there used to be a model specified for the laser's beam in Arma 2, but I am not sure.

However, if you look at the accessories config file in the Arma 3 PBO's (I am nosy, I admit), you'll find that the export list (not the actual config entries) contains two interesting entries: acc_flashlight_IR, which I guess is an IR illuminatior type object, and acc_pointer_GreenLaser which I suppose is a visible green laser (since the other one's called acc_pointer_IR). So my guess is that we'll get those things eventually, although of course this is pure speculation on my part.

Progress report: Here's the new ACOG model:

lNmJJxBs.png

(tan version, click to enlarge)

MehGIt5s.png

(black version, click to enlarge)

Low-res models shown, 2000 triangles but I guess it's worth it to have a decent looking optic.

ETA: When it's donetm :)

Looks very nice. Though, red-dot sight looks weird. Kinda like Docter sight melted together with protective "wings".

ACOGs.jpg

ms11.jpg

Though, red-dot sight looks weird. Kinda like Docter sight melted together with protective "wings".

It's a Trijicon RMR by the looks; they're built that way to be more durable than the old RedDot/Docter/Shield Mini Sight, without the need for protective wings.

Not sure the text on the sight is correct Al: AFAIK all TA31 ACOGs have a fibre-optic illumination strip on top (like the two inblack dog's pic) where the TA01 is the tritium illuminated one with BUIS on top.

TA31RCO-A4