Hi, I said you on Feedback site. Night sky is not olny one. Please write about specific night scene (overcast, clear, clear + moon) Thanks a lot.

Night time, cloudless, no moon is far too bright, it should be pitch black.

Night time, cloudless, full moon is a smidge too bright.

(in my humble opinion)

(in my humble opinion)

To add balance, completely disagree. :)

(in my humble opinion)

Night time is just right. It shouldnt be pitch black. It's pitch black only in space. The moon doesn't actually lighten the sky either.

The real moon is also bright, you can see quite well in moonlight.

I think the night sky should be final like it is now.

The transition from night to day and from day to night should be the focus now.

That's the most difficult one to get right.

Edited by Azzur33

Hi, I said you on Feedback site. Night sky is not olny one. Please write about specific night scene (overcast, clear, clear + moon) Thanks a lot.

All shots taken at 1:30am July 2035, clear shots are taken with 0 overcast, overcast shots are set to 100 overcast. Moon shots are taken on 15th July, no moon shots taken on 1st July. All from same location (034025, looking SW).

Brightness and Gamma both set to 1.0.

Clear + Moon

Clear + No Moon

Overcast + Moon

Overcast + No Moon

I think the moon is a bit too bright.

I think "Trauma.au" has ANSWERED you, and I hope that his response helpful for you .

concerning the night (moon, no moon) it them there's a very clear change between the normal version and the dev release !

I just hope this problem will solve!

thank you very much for your attention "Googlava" :)

All shots taken at 1:30am July 2035, clear shots are taken with 0 overcast, overcast shots are set to 100 overcast. Moon shots are taken on 15th July, no moon shots taken on 1st July. All from same location (034025, looking SW).

Brightness and Gamma both set to 1.0.

Clear + Moon

Clear + No Moon

Overcast + Moon

Overcast + No Moon

I think the moon is a bit too bright.

I agree with Anachoretes, on a very clear night with a nice full Moon I can read a newspaper outside without artificial lighting.

I found nice time lapse video with night sky (clear weather):

Each frame was captured with 30s time and 800 ISO. Time 0:54 is very close my feel of the clear night. (color is there more orange, this is city light smog)

with 30s time and 800 ISO.

Yeah. Close to eye exposure. Night skydome not suppose to be black or dark. Moon have "huge" albedo, so existing scenes (land) even less brighter that they should be, but it's better for gameplay.

Googlava

May i ask you about stars - you are using the real picture or generator(procedure map)?

Oops. I found the answer.

Edited by Anachoretes

(moon, no moon)

I can change only diffuse and ambient from moon (only for object and ground), skybox and haze is now same, I don't change it. For next time I will want option for Haze intensity with moon shine (The haze can change intenzity for sky too).

Thanks for your notice.

I can change only diffuse and ambient from moon (only for object and ground), skybox and haze is now same, I don't change it. For next time I will want option for Haze intensity with moon shine (The haze can change intenzity for sky too).

Thanks for your notice.

Planned ? to implement Aurora Borealis ? or a little Rainbow^^ ? (and sound for wind ? when we are on the ground in the valleys or on water (it's could be very impressive and nice to do no hear soldiers with many rain and wind^^)

Since the alpha, with improvement of sky and cloud. I see again at this status of beta, than when you move the camera no problem, but when it moves too quickly from one corner to another, clouds deform. Visually boring, but that's a detail.

Edited by GranolaBar

I found nice time lapse video with night sky (clear weather):

Each frame was captured with 30s time and 800 ISO. Time 0:54 is very close my feel of the clear night. (color is there more orange, this is city light smog)

I saw your video, it's a good video, but unfortunately this place in a Nordic countries (I do not know may be the the night sky are more clear), and I also noticed that there 'had the light plution making the much brighter sky

Now here's a video I found

and I think she was actually far from town (light pllution)

Googlava

May i ask you about stars - you are using the real picture or generator(procedure map)?

Oops. I found the answer.

We've got stars on realistic model form, but of course we have not all of a stars. You can see all big constellation

and I also noticed that there 'had the light plution making the much brighter sky

This photo from South.

Also, you can use Stellarium software to watch skydomes depend geographic location, etc.

We've got stars on realistic model form

I check it out - it' quite cool. Also position of stars correct for azimuthal grid, year, day, time. Nice detail.

Edited by Anachoretes

Thanks for your notice.

thank you for your hard work :)

This photo from South.

Also, you can use Stellarium software to watch skydomes depend geographic location, etc.

thank you for the information :)

Edited by sofianebilal

Planned ? to implement Aurora Borealis ?

Now isn't in the plan. It is very nice effect, but we must improve haze, sunrise, water and many more. This is a very low priority. Sure Thanks for idea.

~Same location, same date\time, azimuth.

About sunrise(6_15).

AA3.

CIE sky - code

Note: As for me, need more yellow stimulus from sun point and more deep blue sky on the other side of this "gradient"(because of density). I found that 9 o'clock is the point when the skydome is good enough in current build.

About night(3_15).

AA3.

CIE sky.

Note. As for me, night sky need very small desaturation too loks more...serious.:)

Also, because at night our pupil operates in "twilight vision".

Edited by Anachoretes

While you're here Goog, can you let us know what's up with the over cast layer on the horizon?

It seems to be tied to overcast settings, sometimes it blends in well but other times it looks really out of place.

Example 1 (50ish overcast setting, 4:17am)

Example 2 (80 overcast setting, 4:17am)

It seems to be tied to overcast settings,

Yes this layers (haze and sky) is dependent on overcast. I will try improve it. I change value for fog to more bright in overcast. Thanks for screen.

Now isn't in the plan. It is very nice effect, but we must improve haze, sunrise, water and many more. This is a very low priority. Sure Thanks for idea.

Thanks, you don't have sleep this night ?^^ to answer since yesterday^^.

Hum for water, the improvement of shader and physic with water would was the same than the latest version of VBS in June ? (reflexion, no problem shader and more, glasses view).

We can test it with pleasure to improve with dev our opinions.

For the snow as the rain, i can imagine than the old effect of rain or the new could be transform in snow, with the rebound script of particle and time of particule in addition i think, a snow by defaut on the ground of the map and we loading it. (can't possible to generate a dynamic ground snow in real time with this engine, i say).

On a side note, for the beta BIS disabled over half of the streetlights in the game. While this might seem silly, the game in its current state just can't handle multiple overlapping lights very well. A few little tweaks could get the lights working again, but it just causes slowdowns and flickering. Also, there are a ton of LOD errors with the streetlamps, you will notice that most of them are missing the light emitting parts. This results in the streetlamps looking totally dark but with a goofy lens flare just hanging there. A few if them shine only in the first LOD. The chemical lights also had this problem.]

More info ? i don't have found this note. Actually, I'm in war against the very boring LOD in Agia marina and the road to the Airfield where i lost many lights arround the gate in the city, and where i'm in the city, all the lights on the road to the airfield were down^^. But all my friends don't have this problem and don't know really the game, editor and more. Maybe, I'm crazy^^.

For the limit of light, i can see it when i have 10 or more vehicule with light, not all lights were on. For a easy test, no script to put light on empty vehicule ?

Edited by GranolaBar