Are you sure you didn't invert the 2 ? Old one looks much better to me

well, there is something that feels wrong to me, mybe the clouds are a bit tooo low from the ground? they are always capping at the same level. its strange, but this cloud system is the best i have seen in a video game so far, it's always amazing, adds so much to the environment

When he says he has used photoshop to touch up the photo it kinda loses impact don't you think?
ok, wrong example :p...I picked the first photo I found and that matched my experience. morning sky looks like heavily photoshoped for a short time under circumstances.

ok, wrong example :p...I picked the first photo I found and that matched my experience. morning sky looks like heavily photoshoped for a short time under circumstances.

Well I don't think "touching up" in photoshop means the guy totally repainted the whole sky and clouds. It's obviously still the way it looks in real life just that he cleaned up the image maybe to reduce noise etc.

The lightning in Arma3 is very nice, though I'd like to see the following:

- heavy tracer rounds light up terrain, it looks very cool in the mod that does it in Arma2, and there no noticeable fps hit

- bigger light cone from flashlights on rifles (light up at longer distance)

- brighter nights (most people probably disagree)

Even the picture in arma 3, is much nicer then arma 2. Still there is a lot of contrast and color saturation missing. Just try arma 3 with sweetFX 2.0a. You can turn it on and off in game. And see yourself. IMO this is how the picture must look by default.

Hi, I change size the sun, thanks for feedback :)

hey, are you from Googlovo at Chernarus? Epic warfare fights there :P

Yeah, It is a village in my honor ;) Thanks for Ivan. Don't destroy it :D

Not sure if this belongs here but can we get some sort of interior lighting in vehicles passenger areas when they have their lights off? Makes being a passenger a bit more interesting and would fit with the no nvgs.

Hi, no arma still cannot throw shadows from other light source, than Sun or Moon.

Hi, no arma still cannot throw shadows from other light source, than Sun or Moon.

So what are the chances that this might change in the future? ;)

Not sure if this belongs here but can we get some sort of interior lighting in vehicles passenger areas when they have their lights off? Makes being a passenger a bit more interesting and would fit with the no nvgs.

Hi, the light in interior is possible, what type car do you think ?

Night sky looks absolutely perfect now.

Clouds look great at nighttime especially when the moon is up. And at daytime of course.

Still .. at early morning, when the sky is getting brighter, the clouds are black, which is just wrong.

And when the sun is rising, the clouds are almost psychedelic. Oversaturated and the colours seem a bit off too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JutD-K28fcc

Morning clouds at 0:50 ->

Clouds don't have pure gray or pure black, there is always blue tint in the grays.

Well your post sums up my opinion perfectly.

so it will not be possible before aram 4 :(

I just want to precised , that there's much older game that arma 3 from 2005 that uses this technology

So what are the chances that this might change in the future? ;)

I am optimist in this technology. But I don't now when it comes.

Not very wise, interiour light on would effect the drivers night vision, both natural or NVGs and it would make you an easy target like you had the main beams switched on.

Only completly sealed compartments should be lit, even then there is always the risk of light escaping and making you a target.

Sometimes a bright glow from a vehicle instrument bulb is all it takes to make you a stand out target at night.

Hi, the light in interior is possible, what type car do you think ?

It's a good idea, I'd like to see interior lights light in the big transport helos (a red light), and in the apc's.

As a little heads-up Googlava, the new cloud lighting and environmental values broke the support showcase setting and atmosphere. Would be good to see the official scenarios looking better :)

Still .. at early morning, when the sky is getting brighter, the clouds are black, which is just wrong.

And when the sun is rising, the clouds are almost psychedelic. Oversaturated and the colours seem a bit off too.

Morning clouds at 0:50 ->

Clouds don't have pure gray or pure black, there is always blue tint in the grays.

Hi, thanks for very nice video. I agee with you, I must revert this version cloud, due a problems with mornig and evening. I try repair it as soon as possible. Thanks

so I can not understand how a game from 2013 can not use this technology, which is principally the engine is able to use the Dynamics light but not the Dynamics shadows.

so I can not understand how a game from 2013 can not use this technology, which is principally the engine is able to use the Dynamics light but not the Dynamics shadows.

Maybe because this engine compromises huge terrains and already has performance issues, with release fast aproaching? ARMA3 is not your average, tiny map game. Once there is time and resources to implement this feature it will (probably) be done. Right now there are other priorities, some major issues to be adressed!

Good god! Why are people always demanding stuff without thinking about the consequences? :rolleyes: