Sign in to follow this  
StatusRed

EM RPT Viewer - Multi-platform RPT Reader

I decided to start working on an ArmA 2 / ArmA 3 RPT reader that will work in Windows, Linux and Mac. This reader allows you view the logs of any ArmA 2 / ArmA 2 game server that allows public access to it’s log file.

Current Version: 1.1

Author: StatusRed / Edward McKnight (www.EM-Creations.co.uk)

Full Article

Features:

• Multi-platform; works in Windows, Linux and Mac
  • Every other line in the RPT output is coloured to make it easier to read
  • Add / remove servers on the fly
  • Choose between raw or wounds output
  • Set individual timezones for each server (format: Continent/City)

Requirements:

• JRE (Java Runtime Environment) 1.6 (or higher)
  • Internet connection

Screen shots:

Windows 7:

windows7_1.png

Ubuntu 12.10:

ubuntu12.10_1.png

Details as to how to use the program are in the readme.txt file (included in the download).

Ahm... how exactly can an RPT file have informations about wounds? May im real stupid but i don't get it...

But would be really nice to use it.

elec

Thank you, much appreciated.

Ahm... how exactly can an RPT file have informations about wounds? May im real stupid but i don't get it...

But would be really nice to use it.

elec

This program reads publicly accessible server RPT logs, the server logs information about who's been wounded by who. Does that help to explain? If you download the program and connect to the server that's already set up with the default download you can see what I mean.

Edited by StatusRed

[...] the server logs information about who's been wounded by who.[...]

...not in my Arma 2 OA Server RPT File.

If i connect the RPT to that Programm and press "View-Raw Output" then it shows me the raw RPT content... so far so good

If i press "wounds output" the window remains empty, because the RPT file contains no entrys like "Peter has been team wounded by Kevin".

I think there has to be a extra Mod to log things like wounds in the server log!?

...not in my Arma 2 OA Server RPT File.

If i connect the RPT to that Programm and press "View-Raw Output" then it shows me the raw RPT content... so far so good

If i press "wounds output" the window remains empty, because the RPT file contains no entrys like "Peter has been team wounded by Kevin".

I think there has to be a extra Mod to log things like wounds in the server log!?

That is part of a custom inhouse mod that I run on my server.

Looks like Impulse has your answer.

It's an extra mod, which actually is pretty poorly made since it counts normal kills as "team kills" (even when you're not on the same team as the person you've killed). Basically though elec, if you do find a mod which does it as long as the lines it generates contain " was killed by " or " was wounded by " it would show up in that output box; I do believe.

It is working as desired, due to side charging after a team wounding/killing or repeat team woundings/killings. Damage done before a side switch was desired to be logged in that manner, both before and after the teamkill may have happened so that is the reason for that output. But we are getting off topic to the intent of this thread. The application that is the topic of this thread works quite well and can be used as an alternative to realtime log parsers such as wintail or baretail, and also by secondary administrators whom have access to the realtime logs from remote.

It is working as desired, due to side charging after a team wounding/killing or repeat team woundings/killings. Damage done before a side switch was desired to be logged in that manner, both before and after the teamkill may have happened so that is the reason for that output. But we are getting off topic to the intent of this thread. The application that is the topic of this thread works quite well and can be used as an alternative to realtime log parsers such as wintail or baretail, and also by secondary administrators whom have access to the realtime logs from remote.

That doesn't make much sense.

Team Damage should mean, damage to team mates; but that isn't the case. It's a poor mod.