Sign in to follow this  
bangabob

OCCUPATION co10

Hey man, I saw the recent updates done to VAS. Some wordage got changed by Arma Dev. The VAS script in missions just needs to be updated to what he has posted on VAS 1.4 now.

Hey man, I saw the recent updates done to VAS. Some wordage got changed by Arma Dev. The VAS script in missions just needs to be updated to what he has posted on VAS 1.4 now.

v5.2 updated for VAS 1.4

boggler;2439522']Forget that I said HC. I just can't find a proper explanation of that term. We're running dedicated server with two game clients. We're really looking forward to the new version and it's a pitty the actual version is unplayable. After 30min You can't do anything because of the desyncs.

PS.: When you fixed it' date=' can you think about a random base location? I would appreciate a different start location everytime we start the mission. Perhaps like in fireballs Insurgency.[/quote']

Exact same issue. This really seems to have a lot of potential, but after capturing a few zones it's absolutely unplayable from desync. (30-40 minutes in)

Its me again :D

So yeah. I found the thing thats causing all the lag! It was the bleddy bis_fnc_MP function.

So thats OUT!

Released v0.12

- EOS v1.5

- New parameter option

- EOS v1.5 has some interesting features which i am looking to implement to this mission as side missions.

So everyone give it a shot. I've tested it on my dedicated server and i had 0 de-sync. Let me know how it plays on your servers!

Beautiful. I'll try it tonight and let you know how well it works. Appreciate it.

just wondering about the compatability of ZEUS with this. have u made ur own AI tweaks via scripting or not?

just wondering about the compatability of ZEUS with this. have u made ur own AI tweaks via scripting or not?

Well i have tweaked the AI so they aren't very aim bot like. Try it default and if the AI are too hard then stick a AI mod on

Loving the halo option Bob :yay:

I think your really getting there with this, choice to be revived/respwan/deploy

Can you explain the marker param? Dynamic etc?

Btw our server just crashed while i was running latest version, 1st crash ever! - was only 2 ppl on, could be nothing to do with the mission?

As far as I have tested- the HALO (parachute) seems to cause Physx errors and will crash the server and clients - I removed it from my mashup mission a bit ago and have yet to have a crash

As far as I have tested- the HALO (parachute) seems to cause Physx errors and will crash the server and clients - I removed it from my mashup mission a bit ago and have yet to have a crash

Your kidding! Well anyway a 0.13 is just around the corner. i shall remove it since it causes crashes!

Can confirm, server just crashed again and i'd just map clicked to halo jump!

What a bugger, was loving that option! :bounce3:

0.13 Released - Fixed bugs/Added Main tasks

- Changed to Green Army

- Choose enemy in parameters. WEST or EAST

- Added new cleanup script (wholeworld Trigger)

- Fixed bugs with re-deploy. Can no longer spawn on "dead" people

- Spawning in a FULL vehicle no longer breaks script

- NEW feature. If enemies are within 50m of squad can-not deploy on them.

- Implemented Bonus Vehicles

- Added endGame trigger

- Added Main tasks

- Removed HALO-JUMP (Causing physx errors)

- New parameters

Edited by BangaBob

When you tried to fix the desync, was that fix applied to the mission itself or to the EOS script?

I have just used the latest EOS version (1.4) and still get huge desyncs after capping an area green.

Desync only lasts a few minutes, after you capped an area green. After that desync drops back to zero.

Edited by Predator.v2

When you tried to fix the desync, was that fix applied to the mission itself or to the EOS script?

I have just used the latest EOS version (1.4) and still get huge desyncs after capping an area green.

Desync only lasts a few minutes, after you capped an area green. After that desync drops back to zero.

The mission is cured of de sync through a hybrid eos. V1.45 if you like. I'm still working on new features for eos v1.5 . But expect the new eos version to be out soon

Nice to hear. Will await the 1.45 eagerly.

Would you have any problem, when i use your EOS to upgrade our "co40 Domination! Beta [GBB Edition]" to "co40 Domination! Beta [GBB Occupation Edition]"?

Would you have any problem, when i use your EOS to upgrade our "co40 Domination! Beta [GBB Edition]" to "co40 Domination! Beta [GBB Occupation Edition]"?

I will actively support you combining Occupation features with your mission. I'm sure you're already aware but MassAsster is doing a similar thing with the 'mash up'. I can send you the same tips regarding updating your mission with new versions of Occupation if you like

Had the same idea yesterday :cool:

I will actively support you combining Occupation features with your mission. I'm sure you're already aware but MassAsster is doing a similar thing with the 'mash up'. I can send you the same tips regarding updating your mission with new versions of Occupation if you like

Is it possible to use the EOS from Occupation to fix it until the new version comes?

Edited by [LB] boggler

What happened to the repair station at the airport. Me and my mate drove half way round the map to repair our hunter. Is this only there in the developers version?

I know MassAssters attempt to "merge" both missions, but there too many bugs and errors. I'd prefer to take only the eos script and combine it with our edition.

We already played a round and it worked great, next to a huge desync after each area cap for a few minutes. I suppose the area around agia marina will need some fine tuning or "Agia marina main targets" will be pretty much impossible.

I also tried to "extract" the eos out of the latest occupation version, but it seems this so called "hybrid eos" is enrooted deep within the mission.

Can you give me some tips, how to extract it?

I know MassAssters attempt to "merge" both missions, but there too many bugs and errors. I'd prefer to take only the eos script and combine it with our edition.

We already played a round and it worked great, next to a huge desync after each area cap for a few minutes. I suppose the area around agia marina will need some fine tuning or "Agia marina main targets" will be pretty much impossible.

I also tried to "extract" the eos out of the latest occupation version, but it seems this so called "hybrid eos" is enrooted deep within the mission.

Can you give me some tips, how to extract it?

Be patient. I will release EOS v1.5 today or tomorrow maybe and you won't need to extract it from occupation

easy there tiger - some of the scripting was causing desyncs and this wasn't my fault- all that has been very much resolved with release of version 6

0.14 released. Some very nice additions in this version. Enjoy!

changelog 0.14

- Increased EOS spawn distances

- Added more boats

- Increased boat delay respawn timer

- Added Camp Rogain main mission

- Added Capture Agia Marina mission

- ADDED capture camp Tempest

- Added EOS v1.5

- New defence zones

- Added new EOS parameter for type of zones

- Updated JIPspawn and redeploy.sqf to allow Rallypoints

- Added groupmanagement scripts (zuff)

- Added rally point function

- Made gamelogic CIV.

Edit:

BangaBob, do you plan to add some sort of AI to make the Green squads automatically attack positions without human intervention?

Also, I'm running the dev branch and see a number of undefined variables, would giving you a list of them help at all?

Edited by Furret

Heya Bob, thanks for your relentless work on this mission.

On your side missions can you have a different marker? Atm they seem to be red squares like the rest? They don't really stand out as such.

Also i'm having a slight issue? Not sure if it's by design?

I'll capture the 3 closest squares to the base-then move up to LZ Connor with the 3 red squares.

When i get close enough i will chuck down a rally point, when i check how many Opfor that are there,it will say 22. Now i may kill 20 of them then die :(

I'll then respwan at my rally point and hey presto 22 Opfor are there again,and again and again!

Is this by design?