Sign in to follow this  
bangabob

OCCUPATION co10

No the mission just won't spawn or work but it shows it there at the previous mission. It just happens sometimes not a major issue just needs some ironing out I'm sure!

P.S. I've been playing 5.5 since that one was posted up and no issues so far playing by myself. Will test tomorrow with friends to see if there are any issues.

Edited by kombatfighter

So 5.5 still has the respawn issue going on after I tested it with friends today. Enemies were despawning and respawning in front of my eyes, lol.

So 5.5 still has the respawn issue going on after I tested it with friends today. Enemies were despawning and respawning in front of my eyes, lol.

Yes. v5.5 is buggy and broken. Please use v5.4 for now

So 5.4 breaks when we get the Recovery mission. Super lag and desync issue going on there.

Okay. Well removed recovery side mission from v5.4 now. Link amended.

Can I play this singleplayer? this mission IS awesome but I don't have enough friends who own arma 3 to play with, and sometimes I just want to play at my own pace.

I hope you can make an interesting SP version of it. kinda like a whole lotta stratis :)

few suggestions for SP.

Edited by lyndonguitar

Can I play this singleplayer? this mission IS awesome but I don't have enough friends who own arma 3 to play with, and sometimes I just want to play at my own pace.

I hope you can make an interesting SP version of it. kinda like a whole lotta stratis :)

few suggestions for SP.

Just wondering, what kinda changes would you like to see in a SP version?

I already have a version of your Occupation I use for single player. Firstly I enabled saving. Secondly I added the ability to spawn a Quad bike at your location as you need a way to get back to your base if you get shot down or have to evacuate your vehicle. I would however suggest using a taxi script be that air or land vehicle, instead of spawning a vehicle.

Another feature I added was abandoned EAST/WEST armed and unarmed vehicles through out the map.

This lets me use the helicopter transporter script so I can pick these up and bring them back to my base. Unarmed vehicles I usually abandon in fairly low guarded areas, but some of the better armed vehicles and choppers I have placed in substantially more heavily defended areas such as Kamino and Camp Maxwell.

I also have the repair script put over every H landing pad on the map, and have these marked. So I easily find somewhere to repair/refuel etc.

To finish I also reused some of the barriers and oil drums from my FARP design which you'll find at the airport. I added these to some of the H pads to look like refuel depots.

However these are just some suggestions.

Feel free to use what you like.

Edited by Beerkan

Not trying to make your job harder and we appreciate the work you've done. I don't know what's going on man. 5.4 we had 8 players running on it. Every time we would complete a side mission, that's when the lag and desync issue sometimes appear. So we ended up stopping on side missions and just decided to wipe out bases. Everything was fine until we got to the point of clearing a base and then the server would just have lag issues for everyone. The server is running on a top of the line quad core oc at 5ghz and 8gb ram and our connection is at 4mbs. So we decided to test another map Insurgency at Stratis to make sure it wasn't our end. That map was working perfectly with no lag. I can safely say that 4.2 was perfect except that it didn't have the corrected vehicle names for the side missions in order to spawn. Are other people having these issues?

Not trying to make your job harder and we appreciate the work you've done. I don't know what's going on man. 5.4 we had 8 players running on it. Every time we would complete a side mission, that's when the lag and desync issue sometimes appear. So we ended up stopping on side missions and just decided to wipe out bases. Everything was fine until we got to the point of clearing a base and then the server would just have lag issues for everyone. The server is running on a top of the line quad core oc at 5ghz and 8gb ram and our connection is at 4mbs. So we decided to test another map Insurgency at Stratis to make sure it wasn't our end. That map was working perfectly with no lag. I can safely say that 4.2 was perfect except that it didn't have the corrected vehicle names for the side missions in order to spawn. Are other people having these issues?

Okay. Its likely to be a problem my end. Don't worry though as i have a plan ;) . Just don't give up hope on me yet. Im working on it

Are other people having these issues?

BangaBob,

Thank you for your excelent work. I think that your missions is one of the best out there.

But I was unable to play it a lot because most of my buddies have a mid end computer. So most of them have a bad perfomance at your missions. I don´t know why, but if we run an Invade & Annex mission or a Domination missions, the game performance runs much smoother at all clients (gamer side). So most of my clan members prefer to play other missions.

We was running the 5.4 version of your mission.

Thank you again, and looking forward for new versions.

Clearly the sentiment from most users is to forget about the single player version, and concentrate on updating the current version.

Check you PM for suggested updates to one of your scripts.

(From Beerkan: A top supporter of your mission!)

Not really that much, most of the gameplay is already there.

1. AI squad recruitment and team switch to them enabled for easy gearing

2. Saves

3. Heli Taxi

a. Evac/Pickup (random but nearby safe LZs that must be reached)

b. Heli Drop off (click destination on map)

Some suggestions for this:

There's three ways to do these, one is to make it just like a normal Heli ride, only the AI controls it. but maybe prone to bugs or AI unable to land.

the other one is to make it fade to black after takeoff, skip the whole flight, and teleport to the destination behind the scenes, and land. I saw some missions to do this in Arma 2. primarily the Sandbox War maps. but you will lose the awesome sight.

Last one is to combine the previous two, make the flight skippable or not.

There is a random chance that the heli cannot land on your destination and must land farther than expected.

4. Support system just like in the bohemia support scenario

a. Heli Strike

b. Artillery

c. Maybe some Friendly AI controlled Squads support too, spawns a squad outside view and attacks the selected area in map)

d. Vehicle drops

Some suggestions for this:

If possible, Support can be unlocked through missions, for example, taking over an airbase allows Heli Strike, or the number of towns captured determines how many squad supports you can call simultaneously.

I already have a version of your Occupation I use for single player.

I don't know if it's allowed here or not, but I will ask, Can you share your own edited version to me? I would love to try it

Edited by lyndonguitar

Alright guys. After the recent de-sync issues i took a new approach to Occupation.

Its fully refreshed and should perform better than ever.

0.11 here

As before i will keep checking this forum for any bugs reported.

Note that side missions are not yet included in this package. But expect them in the next few weeks.

Great to hear Bob, we all appreciate your hard work on it, I know I've been waiting so I can do an updated mash up :*)

VAS isn't working for me. I get "VAS never initialized, something wen't wrong"

VAS isn't working for me. I get "VAS never initialized, something wen't wrong"

That's a problem with the arma 3 Dev build. Use the stable one or tell the guy who made VAS

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

three files? are they different missions?

The clue is in the names. Occupation_West. Occupation_East. Occupation_inde. So they are different playable factions. ..

We really enjoy your mission, but with the latest version we have increasingly desyncs at the end its nearly unplayable. Any idea why? If you need I can give you also our .rpt file. We're running a headless client with zeusAI.

Still desyncs in the 0.11 with beta and 5 clients on it.

Hope you'll find the reason... good luck!

boggler;2439406']We really enjoy your mission' date=' but with the latest version we have increasingly desyncs at the end its nearly unplayable. Any idea why? If you need I can give you also our .rpt file. We're running a headless client with zeusAI.[/quote']

I don't know if it matters but I haven't supported headless clients.

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

Still desyncs in the 0.11 with beta and 5 clients on it.

Hope you'll find the reason... good luck!

Still desync issues!. Gonna tear my hair out.

I recommend playing the older v5.2, it seems to run the best. Linked on thread post.

Edited by BangaBob

Forget that I said HC. I just can't find a proper explanation of that term. We're running dedicated server with two game clients. We're really looking forward to the new version and it's a pitty the actual version is unplayable. After 30min You can't do anything because of the desyncs.

PS.: When you fixed it, can you think about a random base location? I would appreciate a different start location everytime we start the mission. Perhaps like in fireballs Insurgency.

Just wanted to say this is the best MP mission I've played (although I can only play a short while)...

Also getting the yellow/red broken chain icon showing up after 10 minutes or so and no one is able to do anything. (Is that what you guys mean by desync?)

Can someone post a link of a previous version that works? Someone mentioned v.5.2 but I can't find it. If not... well hopefully it gets ironed out in a little while. Great effort on this, mr. Creator!