Sign in to follow this  
bangabob

OCCUPATION co10

The tool worked great for me! Since it wasn't exactly clear to me at first, just want to say for others that only the mission.sqm file needs to be converted it seems not every .sqf file. Thanks!!

The tool worked great for me! Since it wasn't exactly clear to me at first, just want to say for others that only the mission.sqm file needs to be converted it seems not every .sqf file. Thanks!!
Dingo-J's utility ONLY converts mission.sqm files.

Follow my tutorial in the first post to convert everything else. (Unless script falls foul of logic changes in the beta)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that you copied and pasted each line into Notepad++ and replaced in all files?

For example:

[copy]arifle_Khaybar_C_ACOg_point_F [paste into find]

[copy]arifle_Katiba_C_ACO_pointer_F [paste into replace]

For every single line item in Weapon Replacement Names, Vehicle Replacement Names, Class Mission replacement names, Weapon Ammo Class changes, and Scripting Command Changes? Surely there is a better way, seems incredibly time consuming!

Beerkan, i've been messing around with notepad++ giving to the mission a nice cool upgrade to BETA and now it's working. Thanks for that thread.

Now im trying to mix up this mission with another one, since Seize the Ground (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147977-co_22-Seize-ground-insurgency-style-(enemy-occupation)) has a lot of stuff that would be great to see in this Occupation mission. Also Seize the Ground thread seems to be "BETA dead" right now =( so i cannot contact the Author of that mission.

But what I'm trying is to patch up BTC Revive, Insurgent Behavior, and MHQ scripts to merge them into Occupation. It's a nice gameplay to experiment. I write it here, so if the mission's author want to take a look on it and decide to apply some of this upgrades, i'll be happy to help build it.

When I get back from holiday on Monday im going to focus on.

1. Update to beta, reward vehicles,enemy classes,base assets

2. Implement a revive system. Giving hosts choice as to whether occupation respawn or standard revive

3. Add capturable bases which will replace the need for mhqs.

4. Improve recover sidemission.

5. Rewrite sidemission eos scripts to suit sidemissions better

And a few minor changes. Any big things ive missed?

I'm so glad this mission is still being actively developed. Props to all involved!! Thank you from myself and my players for the quality product! I did write a script last night that would convert all Alpha names to Beta for all files (not just sqm)....but I relearned a valuable lesson with rm after deleting the script by accident after I converted my Occupation files. I am disappointed because I intended to share the script with others (it was a bash script under Linux).

New version available. V5

- Fully updated for Beta (New vehicles and weapons)

- Rewritten Side missions for increased performance

- Rewritten Side mission EOS script for increased performance

- Implemented bases which can be captured to access fast travel and new vehicles

- Added BTC revive

- Updated Occupation Respawn to show names

- Removed invisible units from groups

- Added fast travel option from forward operating bases

- Multitude of bug fixes and optimizations

Due to the major changes there may be some bugs i havn't found yet. Please let me know of any bugs you find.

Hey INF_Mike64 here.

Nice mission bangabob we at INF love to use it. One of the problems we have noticed is that Side missions and camp markers are not shown for JIP players some of the spawn markers show as red once cleared as well.

Side missions and camp markers are not shown for JIP players

Thanks for letting me know. I will look into a fix. By any chance did this happen with v4.2 aswell?

Yeah it did. seems as if the marker scripts run on the client side not sever.

Okay. Well the problem with the checkpoints is that created markers arent sent via network for JIP. Therefore I need to create a local marker for each checkpoint for each player that joins. As for the side mission marker I need to make a it update for jip too. This may take a few days. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, your welcome for the params and changes bob.... thanks for the acknowledgement

Still a great mission

if anyone is interested, some tweaks

download

(bob - I'm using slp script to spawn random helicopter patrols - I think this is the best way to add your random air patrols as they use random pathing inside the designated area)

if you want to try out the changes should be running on server "es-gamers"

Yeah, your welcome for the params and changes bob.... thanks for the acknowledgement

sorry. I have been working my ass off getting this mission out there as fast as possible. And I use bits and pieces from lots of editors. And every bit of help I get helps me create a better mission for everybody. I will mention you in the credits next time I update the mission

I was just busting your chops Bob - I don't actually care :p

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

for the life of me I couldn't figure out what was up with the re spawn system you put into place - I figured it out - you missed in the desc.ext #include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

added halo jumping and fixed that error in the revive system

occupation.zip

I was just busting your chops Bob - I don't actually care :p

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

for the life of me I couldn't figure out what was up with the re spawn system you put into place - I figured it out - you missed in the desc.ext #include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

added halo jumping and fixed that error in the revive system

occupation.zip

Thanks. I had no idea BTC wasnt working :( . Fixed and download link updated

This is my favorite mission so far, because it gives you absolute freedom. I just did some little changes to it, like adding some minefields and civilians.

Just one little thing was annoying me one time: the camping table as weapons crate may be indestructible, but if some dumbass runs over it with a quad it is destroyed, so you have to restart the mission, so I placed the blufor supplycrate beside the camping table for VAS.

Oh and I would like to see side restricted items in VAS, but if I weren't so lazy I already would have done it myself. So if anyone already has a good side restrictions list for VAS please send me a PM!^^ Otherwise I'll probably post one in a few days.

Keep up the good work!

This is my favorite mission so far, because it gives you absolute freedom. I just did some little changes to it, like adding some minefields and civilians.

Keep up the good work!

Glad your enjoying it :D

Thanks for letting me know the table can be knocked over by an ATV.lol. I will look into moving the VAS to something more sturdy

ok Bob, I surrender! Side missions that are in the water, such as destroy the osprey wreck, how is this done? You can't place explosives in the water (as far as I can tell...)

Updated v5.2

Fixed JIP markers for Side missions and FOB's!

@MassAsster - You can. There is an addaction towards the back of the osprey which allows you to destroy it

5.2 hotfix. Side missions spawning at one side location fixed. Now spawns randomly over the map

Updated v5.3

Added Recovery Side Mission

Spawned R.bays for land and Sea recovery missions

Added JIP marker for Recovery vehicle incase you lose it

Recover objects from the seabed or land and use the provided truck to carry the objects back to base!

BTW. Before you go.

Is there any features your dying to see in Occupation?

And please use your imagination ;)

#HOTFIX- cleared EOS marker squares show Green for JIP players aswell (19:55 BST- Link updated)

Edited by BangaBob

... BTW. Before you go.

Is there any features your dying to see in Occupation?

And please use your imagination ;)

Sent you a PM with suggested changes.. :o