Sign in to follow this  
bangabob

OCCUPATION co10

boggler;2416034']Tested the mission on our dedicated yesterday. After a while (we cleared agia marina) it was abolute unplayable!

http://i.imgur.com/bp57VC6.png?1

I'm aware of problems with Agia Marina and working on solving it

Great mission now ai working correctly on server. Had no problems with agia marina, took a while to clear area but did it with no problems (little lag).

Have added mobile respawn unit on our server and btc revive/respawn system, found it annoying having to respawn at base when shot.

Good work, credit to you and others that helped with things.

Have not completed mission(s) yet. Keep tweaking things into mission (couple of attack helis etc...)_

Have added mobile respawn unit on our server and btc revive/respawn system, found it annoying having to respawn at base when shot.

Wait. you have to respawn at base when shot? Didn't you get any option to respawn on your squadmates?

Yes you get the option. He probably hasn't read the instructions. About the respawn, i think it is a little bit too easy. Remember the A2 "insurgency" respawn system (pretty much the same as yours with respawning on teammates), when a squadmember had to be 100m clear of enemies to be a viable respawn point? I think something like that, would benefit your mission. Also you may include BTC Revive, but with a very short lifetime (like 1-2 minutes) and drag, to move wounded soldiers behind cover.

Version 4 is released.

- NEW SETTLEMENTS ADDED

- 18 FRESH SIDE MISSIONS (including diving missions)

- OPTIMIZED LARGE SETTLEMENTS FOR INCREASED SERVER PERFORMANCE

- AIRFIELD IS NOW HOSTILE TERRITORY

- Many bug fixes

NOTE: There was a minor bug stopping side missions from starting. Fixed and updated now if you have already downloaded it.

Edited by BangaBob

Great update Banga.

One fix required though, due to latest ArmA3 patch you need to replace ALL occurrances of "removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon" with "removePrimaryWeaponItem"

for the virtual AmmoBox script by Tonic.

In the VAS/functions/fn_handleItem.sqf file, search and replace

this

removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon

with

removePrimaryWeaponItem

And in the fnc_set_loadout.sqf, search and replace again

this

removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon

with

removePrimaryWeaponItem

Edited by Beerkan

New update. 4.1

- Added following parameters

Number of side missions

Allow bonus vehicle

Mission start time

Spawn at base or squadmates JIP. Respawn system is always respawn on squadmates

Force first person

Base protection

- Unlimited Side missions - Scuba diving, recovery tasks, search and destroy.

@beerkan - The stable build (non-development) has not being updated yet and VAS still works

NOTE: Small amendment. Fixed. Side mission marker not showing. 17:06

Edited by BangaBob

Many thanks for the updates.

Just an observation. I understand why you've dropped the spawn distance in the town to help server load, but having some of the city sectors set to 75m ruins the sniping opportunity from the south side of the town. This was one of the great features in multiplayer of having a player provide sniper overwatch while others entered the town. Especially with the new sniper weapons.

Any chance you can increase this again?

Or possibly add them to your new start up parameters. (Glad you got them sorted)

player provide sniper overwatch while others entered the town. Especially with the new sniper weapons.

Any chance you can increase this again?

I'll see what i can do with regards to adding different settings for spawn distance parameters in Agia.

The Marina is a pain in my butt for a few reasons.

1. ALPHA is ALPHA and the Marina is simply fps laggy no matter what i do

2. The inner squares (75m) of the town aren't really relevant until players breach the outer squares (150m) anyway.

3. I have spawned a large group with vehicle spawn on the northern side (350m) which can be sniped.

Update. V4.2

- Added parameter for Agia Marina spawn distances. Recommended, High, very high, INSANE

- Side mission hints improved to show objective names instead of classnames

- Improved Respawn script. Now says name of player you have spawned on

- Introduction hint improved.

- Bug fixes (Side mission marker not disappearing, tweaks to AI spawn distances)

I was wondering if there's any way to save your progress? We are two people who play together and it is a bit much to do it all in one sweep... Other than that great mission!

@Fiddi: play the mission on a dedicated server with persistent=1?

Thanks Bangabob, we had a lot of fun on our locked clan server with this mission and proper teamwork.

But one thing still bugs me. Of course you can now set the respawn to main base only, but the deaths come very fast on A3.

Could you included BTC Revive and enable/disable it with a mission parameter? And maybe give us a parameter, where we can

set the lifetime (time you have to revive before the player goes entirely dead and has to respawn at base) to 30s, 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, 5 minutes?

@ Fiddi: our server runs the latest version and is on persistent! Search for "RenegadesCB"

@ Predator: on the 1st page, he says future versions?? included revive, so hopefully it will be BTC?

I haven't really posted any feedback yet, so here goes lol:-

As well as the respawn you have is working well-def get the BTC revive in!

Many times i can lose a team mate next to me while under fire, would be for more emersive to back up,drag his sorry ass to safety and revive him.

Also there are times when theres not many of us on, how about adding the option(set as maybe as a param yes/no) to allow the squad leader to place a rally point? can't remember which mission has it??

Especially when you my be playing alone for a while, nothing worse than trekking across the map only to die and have to repeat all again!

Btw- I think adding mobile HQ would prob be overkill

The variety of the side missions are working really well- loved have to go back to base to equip diving gear etc to swim underwater to complete a side mission!

Keep up the good work matey! :yay:

Edited by ck-claw

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

[/color]

Wait. you have to respawn at base when shot? Didn't you get any option to respawn on your squadmates?

Sorry only just read this. No never had option to spawn on team mates.

Great mission and great work!

I've tweaked a few things

*added pilots

*Reworked the respawn to use revive (everything appears functional with the changes I made)

*added mobile respawn

*added some new Parameters to reflect the changes

(ignore the btc revive flag east error - the flag isn't needed as no one is playing Opfor.)

posted with respect to BangaBob

download

Edited by MassAsster

Thanks for all the comments. It helps me construct a better mission one step at a time. Keep the comments coming.

Im afraid v4.2 will be latest version for a while as i am going away for a week. But i will keep an eye on this thread and start planning future updates.

No problem Banga! Great work on these last versions.

MassAssters edit with BTC Revive fixed my last issues imo.

@Fiddi: play the mission on a dedicated server with persistent=1?

Will that save, even if I turn off my computer?

If the servers stays on, then the mission keeps running, even when everyone (all clients) left.

Thats why i proposed a "dedicated server".

Did this mission stop working for anyone else as soon as they updated to the Beta? Dedicated server console spews "Mission Occupation_V4_2.Stratis read from bank." non stop and players can't connect. I am running the vanilla beta build now with no mods (server or client side). This mission is amazing and I would love to get it back up ASAP!

Also worth mentioning, some of my players mentioned that they received a side mission to recover a vehicle but it was underwater...I was unable to confirm myself though. Additionally some grids can't seem to be cleared...not sure if AI spawn inside a rock or something but my players have reported thoroughly searching areas but they wouldn't turn green (most do...only a few are "perma-red").

Thanks for a great mission and hope to get it back up!

Same thing here. When Arma3 went BETA yesterday a lot of names have changed, including vehicles, classes and gear names. Some scripts have changed their behavior too.

If you take a look here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21245 , you'll find a text updater to run over mission.sqf file. I notice that the updated text misses at least one script name change, according to official ChangeLog (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Alpha-Development-branch-changelog/page7)

I'm triying to patch up the mission with new names. But it's a complex mission and it has a lot of scripts to change. Not only mission.sqf

I think we should wait to the author to update the whole mission, and get it to work again. Right now my versions are not very stable but at least i'm learning a lot doing it.

If you only got the mission .pbo file, you got to "unzip it". PBOView it's the one i use: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434

Cheers!

Edited by gonxot

.... If you take a look here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21245 , you'll find a text updater to run over mission.sqf file. I notice that the updated text misses at least one script name change, according to official ChangeLog (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Alpha-Development-branch-changelog/page7)
gonxot, Dingo-J's rather nifty utility uses information I gave him permission to use. (See this thread Converting-Alpha-Missions-to-run-in-Beta)

I have OCCUPATION v4.2 running perfectly well in the beta with no problems (using my own conversion scripts of course). Can you let me know what failed to update for you and I'll have a look?