Sign in to follow this  
bangabob

OCCUPATION co10

Has anyone else tried to run this mission on a dedicated server? I still don't get AI spawning on dedicated servers.

I'd love to play this mission on our server group, but like that it is useless to us. :-/

I suppose you can just do the Side Objectives as they work on dedicated servers.

Dirty Haz

I (with lots of help from SPUn) have been working really hard on the Side Objectives AGAIN (can't stop myself :P) and have made big progress. PM me Bob if your interested in the update/want it.

Dirty Haz

I (with lots of help from SPUn) have been working really hard on the Side Objectives AGAIN (can't stop myself :P) and have made big progress. PM me Bob if your interested in the update/want it.

Dirty Haz

He's interested!! WE'RE INTERESTED!!. PM him..

Thanks Haz. I will look into it soon.

The main thing i want to solve is making this mission work on dedicated servers.

Hi i dont know if this specifik for this mission. But sometimes the AI takes control of my squad and i cant seem to get it back? Can anyone help?

Sendt fra min Xperia Mini Pro med Tapatalk2

This looks like a great Coop to use for a friend I just introduced to the game. I'm having difficulty though. The Pilot squad member #5 never gets in vehicle and never joins the squad. Never regroups or accepts any commands. He always says he will comply but never moves. Since he seems to stay anchored to his original position he's always nagging me to report my location.

Loved this mission when i was hosting!

Now have a server,wish someone would get this to work on dedi server? :cool:

There is a way to get the pilot invisible i believe (Hes necessary for the option to respawn back at base though).

As for getting the mission to work on a dedicated server. YES HELP ME!!! I believe the problem is inside the EOS script i made. (Linked below). Please take a look at the script and find the problem D:

My mortar script has the same problem on dedicated servers. So im sure its something i am missing

Edited by BangaBob

Hey Banga,

The problem isn't with the EOS script unless it was modified in some way for the Occupation mission.

I can run the EOS script on a custom map of mine with no issues on my dedicated server.

Latest version released.

V3 is dedicated server compatible and minor bug fixes.

What was the Issue if i may ask? Try to host this on our public sometimes!

Nice update. Seems to work on dedicated servers in deed!

Some flaws here and there, but finally we can run the mission.

Will gather some feedback and report back.

Love the mission. Thanks for all your work! Seems to run great on my dedicated.

I have one issue, and I can't seem to find what's causing it. Using MCC Sandbox to spawn a vehicle from AllInArma (for example, a HMMWV) causes the server to crash. The vehicle spawns and is visible, but as soon as it does the server stops responding. No problems client-side.

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask. Unsure if it's a compatibility issue or not, as all the other addons I have work perfect in the mission.

Thanks

What was the Issue if i may ask? Try to host this on our public sometimes!

Solution: Added public variables and changed some other minor stuff.

Dirty Haz

Note: Replaced mission file as reinforcements was turned on by default (Making it too hard). Download the proper one now using link.

Solution: Added public variables and changed some other minor stuff.

Dirty Haz

Note: Replaced mission file as reinforcements was turned on by default (Making it too hard). Download the proper one now using link.

Oh you fooking genius's!!

Chucking it up on our Renegades server now!

Thanks chaps! :cool:

Updated with various bug fixes/ improvements.

Updated credits

Randomised start time 24hours

Added gunboat

Updated VAS. All items available

Added 2 more squads. Charlie + Delta

Optimized town spawners

Added reinforcement zones

removed UAV sitrep

Updated loading screen

optimized JIP spawn

halfed side-mission units

globalised hint for sabtage script

We were playing this mission yesterday and had some serious server performance issues on our old root server. It got a little bit better, after we used your updated version without reinforcements and with lower AI skill settings (we tried skill=0.98 combined with zeusAI, then reverted back to 0.6). I wrote some feedback notes (some of them got fixed with the new VAS [are mod weapons supported?]) and i don't have the full list here, but i want to present the most important points to you:

-"Randomised start time 24hours"

Although in general this may be a good idea, night time is almost unplayable currently (performance wise). So when we want to play your mission, we have to restart it, until we get a decent day of time .. Maybe you could introduce a parameter with "randomized" and some other "fixed" start times?

-When we disable Blufor AI, we still have always one AI in your group. That guy can be quiet annoying to the squadleader, especially when the buggy arma engine switches group command to this AI..

-Is there any "despawn" for the transport ka60? There isn't even a map marker (unlike domination i.e.), so if some public loses (or parks) the helicopter somewhere on the map, it can be very annoying for the rest of the team.

-There is a new "ruin town" near Kamino and i think a bit east of agia marina. Could you update the EOS Script for these towns, too?

-In the old "occupation" map the main base was at the southern end of stratis, so the airport could/had to be taken too. Besides Agia Marina there are only few "grouped" hostile areas. Maybe at some point, you could "expand" some existing towns with more buildings (and thereby more red areas) or even create new "settlements" or "camps"? And maybe insert some "harder" points to take, like Kamino, Tempest and/or Maxwell with heavy reinforcements (with armed vehicles and CAS) activated?

Yes performance issues in the Marina is an issue. I have already tried to resolve this by reducing the spawn distance in the marina tiles. (I believe alpha optimization may be an issue in the marine also)

- Yes randomised start time may be an issue. I will probably change that in the future again. As for paramenters.. thats beyond my ability as a mission maker ATM.

- The Ka-60 has a 30 minute deserted respawn timer. Adding a marker to vehicles may be good. But that may cause more problems than it solves. Especially with current lag issues.

- The new settlement near Kamino has been added to the latest version.

- Making the airfield a enemy area may be added in future. But as for 'hardpoints' the side mission add extra enemies in areas of stratis which should satisfy the more hard-core players.

Thanks for your comments. You have raised some issues that i will look at soon.

-"Randomised start time 24hours"

Although in general this may be a good idea, night time is almost unplayable currently (performance wise). So when we want to play your mission, we have to restart it, until we get a decent day of time .. Maybe you could introduce a parameter with "randomized" and some other "fixed" start times?

If you add MCC Sandbox mod you will be able to change the time of day (among other things) on the fly without server restart. I ran into the same issue as you originally. The night is starting to grow on me though... haha

.........As for paramenters.. thats beyond my ability as a mission maker ATM.
Parameters are handled in the description.ext file. You set selectable conditions for the player, then parse them to your game startup.

Time of day, level of detail, AI Skill, Weather conditions, Spawn time etc etc..

Have a look MP-COOP-GITS-EVOLUTION description.ext for many possibilities.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

.... Maybe at some point, you could "expand" some existing towns with more buildings (and thereby more red areas) or even create new "settlements" or "camps"? And maybe insert some "harder" points to take, like Kamino, Tempest and/or Maxwell with heavy reinforcements (with armed vehicles and CAS) activated?
Merge this mission file to add a number of additional settlements etc.. (See fixed mission.msm file in this thread) Enhanced-Stratis-by-afroVoodoo

Parameters are handled in the description.ext file. You set selectable conditions for the player, then parse them to your game startup.

Time of day, level of detail, AI Skill, Weather conditions, Spawn time etc etc..

Have a look MP-COOP-GITS-EVOLUTION description.ext for many possibilities.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Merge this mission file to add a number of additional settlements etc.. (See fixed mission.msm file in this thread) Enhanced-Stratis-by-afroVoodoo

I looked at the evolution mission. I have no idea how to add parameters. sorry. And the enhanced Stratis download link doesn't work.

I looked at the evolution mission. I have no idea how to add parameters. sorry. And the enhanced Stratis download link doesn't work.
I've updated the mission.msn file. Now includes my Airbase Refueling station. You can move your rearm.sqf trigger there.

intro.jpg

See instructions for adding the additional buildings in the mission.msn in the post Enhanced-Stratis-by-afroVoodoo here.

If you wish, I'll put together a small tutorial on how to add parameters, and PM you.

Edited by Beerkan