Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

I have a video of this happening and the IP address that the player connected with :)

Personal details removed!

Edited by Foxhound

So..

We shall suffer all the way to next "stable" version before this thread become "obsolete"?

FFS people just use the DEV version!

*TBH i don't see reason of availability for any other version than DEV.

A more "stable" version allows for finding deeper issues and core or odd gameplay issues while a "dev" version is more oriented toward finding the big issues fast, in order to have something stable.

For dev versions usually you don't need a lot of testers, just dedicated good ones, with the proper knowledge required.

For stable versions, you need TONs of people who will do TONs of different things, usually things other people (or even devs) won't even think about.

Would be totally unproductive to force everyone on the dev build because they'll be swarmed by feedback, most of which would be not only redundant but also unproductive. Just check the tracker, you'll see the difference between the dev feedbacks and the stable feedbacks :)

@ INVICTUS

§24) Do not post personal or identifying information

You are not allowed to post any personal or identifying information such as postal addresses, IPs or UIDs in the forum. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer being able to make new posts or being banned from the forums. If you feel that because of security/piracy reasons you need to expose the identity of someone or make certain information known please Private Message this to a moderator with your reasons for doing so.

Infraction +1

There have been tampered with the log files on the servers. It can not be the meaning of logs, that every hacker can open them with a rootkit or trojan and manipulate it under the eyes of the Admins. The log files need to be better protected against tampering in the future.

A log is normally changed only at the bottom line. Otherwise it is a fake but not a log.

A more "stable" version allows for finding deeper issues and core or odd gameplay issues while a "dev" version is more oriented toward finding the big issues fast, in order to have something stable.

For dev versions usually you don't need a lot of testers, just dedicated good ones, with the proper knowledge required.

For stable versions, you need TONs of people who will do TONs of different things, usually things other people (or even devs) won't even think about.

Would be totally unproductive to force everyone on the dev build because they'll be swarmed by feedback, most of which would be not only redundant but also unproductive. Just check the tracker, you'll see the difference between the dev feedbacks and the stable feedbacks :)

That totally makes sense. I'd hate to be the one sorting through all the feedback, especially regarding the stable, more public branch.

I have been saying this right from the start.

So..

We shall suffer all the way to next "stable" version before this thread become "obsolete"?

Because it breaks even faster than the stable build does. :p

I'm done with arma... again. I cant believe Ive wasted my time and money on this shit. The latest sitrep is a fucking joke

I'm done with arma... again. I cant believe Ive wasted my time and money on this shit. The latest sitrep is a fucking joke

Shouldn't your moaning be posted in the Development branch discussion ?

Here comes the cliché: It is in Alpha stage. Not gold, not Beta; Alpha. It does not and will not represent the final stage. That means you have to take in to consideration that everything can and may possibly be in a lesser or different state then what you would find in the complete game. That also includes security. Until BI finds it possible, without messing everything else up, to add proper security measures, like Battleye, this can happen.

So, does the last update for the stable version prevents the viral script thing?

I have been using Dev version and it works perfectly, 0 crashes and more fps than the stable version, and it doesn't freeze at lobby for 5 min.

So, does the last update for the stable version prevents the viral script thing?

I have been using Dev version and it works perfectly, 0 crashes and more fps than the stable version, and it doesn't freeze at lobby for 5 min.

From the SITREP:
It is planned to update the default branch with the current hotfix this week (target: Thursday). It should: reduce the ease with which this exploit spreads through all servers and it should stop this most simplest form of scripted exploit. It will definitely not: stop all hacks in Alpha MP.

Dedicated (third-party) anti-cheat solutions have not yet been added during the Alpha for which we have our reasons. As soon as we can, we will start rolling these out. This should help with some of the more advanced hacks.

Update has been applied via Steam to the normal build in 2 parts today, on the upside no more skydiving, on the downside all Wasteland mods for Arma 3 now broken, vehicles no longer spawn.

Update has been applied via Steam to the normal build in 2 parts today, on the upside no more skydiving, on the downside all Wasteland mods for Arma 3 now broken, vehicles no longer spawn.
That's because so few have updated those missions despite the changes and their effects (i.e. the removal of setVehicleInit) having been forecast for days beforehand through the dev build changes. Edited by Chortles

Dave

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151739-MPMission-Fully-functional-Wasteland-GoT-Wasteland-(v1-08)&p=2386397#post2386397

Also 404 ver 1.06 is out on their forums I am sure. All updated for new compile.