Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

Use BIS_fnc_MP to do this kind of stuff.

When I look at it, this really seems to make removing SVI superfluous, as that seems to provide the same functionality - compile a function, like spawnscript = { 0 spawn compile _this }; , pubvar it, then call this function to call that on the remote host. It's slightly more complicated, but it means they haven't really prevented a thing. Meaning that functionality likely has to go too.

When I look at it, this really seems to make removing SVI superfluous, as that seems to provide the same functionality - compile a function, like spawnscript = { 0 spawn compile _this }; , pubvar it, then call this function to call that on the remote host. It's slightly more complicated, but it means they haven't really prevented a thing. Meaning that functionality likely has to go too.

This is correct, and I have proposed a solution on the aforementioned thread.

So what file needs to be fixed for those who run stable versions only ?

So what file needs to be fixed for those who run stable versions only ?

There is no file to fix. The only fix is to wait till the dev build hits the main branch, OR, run the dev branch.

Wrecket Reddit TDM Whiskey and smoke is running hack free with no password. Be nice if the admin could teach the less informed how he did it. I'm sure he's not the only one to figure out how to block the hack in the "stable" version.

Wrecket Reddit TDM Whiskey and smoke is running hack free with no password. Be nice if the admin could teach the less informed how he did it. I'm sure he's not the only one to figure out how to block the hack in the "stable" version.

Just depbo the mission and look in the init.sqf. It'd most likely all be in there.

... for all fans of Domination 2, xeno has just now updated Domination to 2.99e for the DEV build of Arma 3

* Changed: Send players with a non valid UID back to the lobby

* Changed: All clientside functions are now compiled with compileFinal, means they can't be changed during mission runtime anymore.

http://hx3.de/usermade-missions-189/domination-fuer-a3-unmoralisches-angebot-22421/9/#post448936

my server is running dev build and open to the public without any hassles. FPS has increased form 35-40 to 55-60 eyefinity so I'm happy at this stage to continue to use the dev build

so its fixed now pretty much?

Only in the dev build. We have been told it will be rolled out on the stable build hopefully sometime next week.

Only in the dev build. We have been told it will be rolled out on the stable build hopefully sometime next week.

This ^. And there's no indication as to why they wouldn't roll out a stable version next week, so it's pretty likely.

Doesn't the "virus" reside in memory and disappears when you restart the game and the servers are restarted? I think he is still actively injecting it onto servers, otherwise, in its current form, the hack would disappear after everyone restarted. Or is that not working anymore?

That would only be true if everyone actually restarted. You only need 1 server or 1 player to "forget"/"not know he needs to" restart and you have it start spreading all over again. And there are plenty of servers out there that aren't being frequently visited by their admins and thus are not restarted, so there is really no reason for this to go away until an update is made or scripts that block and/or undo the hack are spread in a similar fashion, which can only really work if the hack stops being modified by the original hacker.

I new parting with cash for what is only an Apha was the biggest mistake of my life.... This week both our servers have been hacked and I am going to wait another week then I am shutting the servers down and will have nothing more to do with this Bohemia Interactive what so ever or ever again.

I left BF3 and anything to do with EA because of hackers and EA's lies that they would deal with hackers yet they ended up doing nothing now the game is ruined and not one server you can get on without a hacker out there some where.

If the same is to become of Arma 3 then I have no interest and it stops right here, I am not prepared to waste my time or play games with hackers....

I have better things to do with my life than deal with a pointless fight.

1 Week then that's it servers shut down and I will remove Arma 3 from our Clan and I shall never return. I know its Alpha but if you new this would happen then you should never have charged us money for the Alpha.

Stop hiding behind your responsibility's after taking money from us and deliver.

I shall also email Steam and contact my lawer David Cooper regarding my refund rights due to being supplied with goods not fit for purpose.

I new parting with cash for what is only an Apha was the biggest mistake of my life.... This week both our servers have been hacked and I am going to wait another week then I am shutting the servers down and will have nothing more to do with this Bohemia Interactive what so ever or ever again.

I left BF3 and anything to do with EA because of hackers and EA's lies that they would deal with hackers yet they ended up doing nothing now the game is ruined and not one server you can get on without a hacker out there some where.

If the same is to become of Arma 3 then I have no interest and it stops right here, I am not prepared to waste my time or play games with hackers....

I have better things to do with my life than deal with a pointless fight.

1 Week then that's it servers shut down and I will remove Arma 3 from our Clan and I shall never return. I know its Alpha but if you new this would happen then you should never have charged us money for the Alpha.

Stop hiding behind your responsibility's after taking money from us and deliver.

I shall also email Steam and contact my lawer David Cooper regarding my refund rights due to being supplied with goods not fit for purpose.

cant-tell-if-trolling.jpg

@mickeytek The worst mistake of your life? crikey.

Not being able to play online for a week or so is hardly a life altering experience. But it does sound like you are not suited to take part in an alpha so its probably best you move on.

Stick to fully released games in the future. And for a refund simply contact steam, they often do a one time refund.

Rgds

LoK

I recently bought the Alpha in good faith (I played OFP when it first started - best military sim on the market at the time) and have been unsurprisingly disappointed by the half-baked product. Yes, I know it's an alpha, and yes I understand that the current Arma2 supporters will rally around to protect their own communities but where does that leave those who are new and trying to understand what ARMA is all about? As an oldie, I can wait patiently for things to get fixed (for example - is anyone at BIS going to make a public announcement on how to stop the infection to servers? I was embarrassed by getting kicked tonight from a number of servers because I presume I started the infection on their servers, unwittingly. That's why I'm writing here as it is the only link that seems to addressing this tragic oversight. BIS will lose many new players because of bad PR from other gamers. If BIS had good reasons not to set up anti-hacking/cheating I think it has backfired. Btw, how DO I get to join other servers that are not infected now?

upagumtree: First - use search...

Update to the latest development build which have fixes mentioned in hack announcement

Once the stable branch is sorted early next week ... no more problems.

@BlenderRus .... we need your updated GETIN (for all vehicles!)

You pay for the full game and have access to the Alpha version as a privilege (which IMO should have been limited to a select few participants instead of the general public). An Alpha is by definition an unfinished product. Calling it half-baked betrays your total lack of understanding of what an Alpha is for.

It's so frustrating to see how ignorant people are and how much they exaggerate. Every popular MP game has had hackers (or rather cheaters who download hacks)--without exception. The ONLY way they are combated consistently is with active server admins. Anti-cheat programs only go so far, though they help. Regarding the current attack, some server admins have found a way to combat the current attack in the stable version for the time being.

The last week or so has been frustrating with the Hacker (Wanker!!!), however it is an Alpha and you a bound to have a few issues!

I have found if you lock the server with a password, then you do not have the issue.

So lock you servers and if you want to play on another clans server, go to their TS and ask for the password.

So..

We shall suffer all the way to next "stable" version before this thread become "obsolete"?

FFS people just use the DEV version!

*TBH i don't see reason of availability for any other version than DEV.

access to the Alpha version as a privilege (which IMO should have been limited to a select few participants instead of the general public).
How many of those select participants would have even thought of doing this, much less caused enough of an uproar to cause a response from BI? Without the public alpha, I don't believe that this would have been fixed...

GiorgyGR, I would note that some people are currently sticking to stable build for their own reasons, such as for example the dev build at last check having much worse nighttime performance so that only daytime missions are viable.