Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

@Fred

you need RAMMAP.exe from www.sysinternals.com

Ok, thanks. Will try this.

... hmm, checked it, seems not really a solution for save the contents of memory, but more to show how the memory is used in quantities ... ?

Edited by Fred41

Does anyone know if re-opening a server (running stable 0.54) to the publicity is kinda safe, now? Or is the hack still spreading?

Edited by Vincent_Edwards

Default branch (0.54) servers do not yet benefit from these changes I'm afraid.

Does anyone know if re-opening a server (running stable 0.54) to the publicity is kinda safe, now? Or is the hack still spreading?

Only the Dev build has been fixed, stable version is down to be patched next week :)

Run the stable version if you want, make sure all players who join have just restarted the game before they join or change to the Dev build for a week.

Thx for the fast replies.

So I will keep it passworded until the stable is patched.

We're running co8 [MG] Search & Destroy, a customized derivative of [AW] Invade & Annex by Rarek.

Feel free to ask for the pw by sending me a PM. Be advised, we're a small 8-players server, but like do teamplay. (Hope this small advertisement is tolerated.)

Edited by Vincent_Edwards

Thanks BIS! This week offered a perfect reason to poke around the user-created SP missions, but I'm excited to get back into the MP environment soon.

Not yet, and in addition to DnA and Richie's basically saying just that, the dev build's been reported to have noticeable performance issues (FPS drop) at in-game nighttime, so until they work those out don't expect a stable build (default branch) patch.

is there an update called 0.55 104588 like post #474 claims ? Have there been a solution to the hack issue yet?

If so why have not my Steam updated Arma3 since its on "always look for updates"

Anyone?

is there an update called 0.55 104588 like post #474 claims ? Have there been a solution to the hack issue yet?

If so why have not my Steam updated Arma3 since its on "always look for updates"

Anyone?

That's the dev branch release. you can get it by right clicking in your Arma III game in your Steam library, going to properties, and to the last tab(beta or something like that), and change to the dev build.

Anyone?

Steam updated my version this morning to 104588 , so you should get it as long as you are running DEV

Do you know the difference between the DEV and default builds?

The devbuild is basically what we already knew as "beta patches". These can be unstable and test certain new features. As soon as they have been checked for stability and functionality, they get compiled into the "stable" branch.

The most well-known vulnerable script commands were removed entirely from the game. This was done instead of disabling them on purpose - we want to know how widely these are used (for legitimate purposes :mad:). We don't use them ourselves.

Thank you!

If the same could happen with some of the other BE-filtered commands (client-side), that would be awesome. But this is a pretty promising start. :D

The devbuild is basically what we already knew as "beta patches". These can be unstable and test certain new features. As soon as they have been checked for stability and functionality, they get compiled into the "stable" branch.

Thank you very much :D :D

My question was aimed at Karim, since he "didn't get the update". My guess is he was running the main branch... you get the picture :D

Ah ok thanks guys, yes I am running the main branch so thats why.

BIS should make every scripting commands can be disabled via description.ext file.

like:

class Header
{
gameType = "COOP";
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 30;
       disableClientCommands = {"setGroupId","createDiaryRecord","execVM","setMarkerAlphaLocal","addEventHandler"};
};

And... what about enable setVehicleInit (and etc...) just serverside??

It is really necessary for a many missions/addons which creates vehicles with custom textures and many other attributes!

And... what about enable setVehicleInit (and etc...) just serverside??

It is really necessary for a many missions/addons which creates vehicles with custom textures and many other attributes!

Use PV for this. It's more efficient than SVI anyway.

Good news. That's gonna cause some issues in MPMissions but things like this had to go.

Not sure how I'm gonna make my dynamic base guards that are supposed to be allowdamage = false. Maybe I'll have to put them in editor directly somehow, then find a way to clone them with all their properties and move them...or something :)

Or how to make the base buildings immune to damage to keep it clean since we can't access them in the editor directly.

Well, now that we can't blank the offending functions (BIS_fnc_MP etc), I hope the virus guy doesn't find a way to work around the compileFinal and still execute code over the network using those functions.

---------- Post added at 05:20 ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 ----------

Good news. That's gonna cause some issues in MPMissions but things like this had to go.

Not sure how I'm gonna make my dynamic base guards that are supposed to be allowdamage = false. Maybe I'll have to put them in editor directly somehow, then find a way to clone them with all their properties and move them...or something :)

Or how to make the base buildings immune to damage to keep it clean since we can't access them in the editor directly.

Use BIS_fnc_MP to do this kind of stuff.

_netID = netID _baseGuard;
_sCommand = format ["{(objectFromNetID '%1') allowDamage false;}", _netID];
[_sCommand,"BIS_fnc_spawn",true,true] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

@Twix

to protect buildings I saw something in a init.sqf (ran by everyone, player and server) that uses a foreach loop on nearestobjects of a certain types (don't remember) and did a _x allowdamage false

there is also something in the wiki called nearestbuildings. it's probably a subset of this one with "house" type assumed.

@Twix

to protect buildings I saw something in a init.sqf (ran by everyone, player and server) that uses a foreach loop on nearestobjects of a certain types (don't remember) and did a _x allowdamage false

there is also something in the wiki called nearestbuildings. it's probably a subset of this one with "house" type assumed.

For his problem, I'd stick to my solution. What you've posted is non-dynamic and is typically used for setting all world objects as god mode, which is only good for a life mission or something.

EDIT: this discussion should be moved to it's own thread.

EDIT: There's a thread for the discussion of setVehicleInit supplements here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153945-Help-on-script-after-removal-of-processInitCommands&p=2383017#post2383017

Edited by Radioman

@radioman

you're right! wrong thread. why not making one for those who need help with recent changes. i guess we'll have to get use to this BIS_fnc_MP now and familiarize with it.

(I was answering to his last question only, the building he can't access in the editor, those in the map by default I assume)

Removed fully script commands: setVehicleInit, clearVehicleInit, processInitCommands
This was done instead of disabling them on purpose - we want to know how widely these are used (for legitimate purposes ). We don't use them ourselves.

We were intending to use SVI to make bstats a server addon. There's basically three ways to do a system like that, which requires eventhandlers on the box where each unit is local.

A) Putting the scripts in the mission files

B) Everyone has an addon

C) A server addon pushing the scripts to the clients.

The latter is clearly the one with the least logistical problems, and what we were aiming for next. Technically a hybrid is possible, where the mission will call a function exported by the server, but we were aiming to stop requiring mission customization entirely.

One possible solution is to enable such a function for the server only - given that the server is basically "trusted" anyway.