Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

while {true} do {

BIS_fnc_MP = {};

};

has anyone tried this

Theres a bunch of servers running full which have anti-hack, why not just play on those instead of running your own servers if its so hard.

of course we rent a server to play on others. what a Joke hoho

Edited by [J4F] Thunder666

Lol i feel like a noob 8) guess it comes with the past cpl days. 8)- hence y i nvr saw that b4. Guess better to be safe than sry eh:bounce3:

well, FIX IT BIS! i create my account to ask, whit the hacker, to remove this kind of stuff, the todays atack is not a kiddie, is someone or a bunch of people asking to improve ARMA 3

Been running for a few hours script free on ours since passwording and locking the password down on our forum, anyone reading here who wants to play A3 Wasteland who doesn't have their own server check http://mgt.enjin.com/home/m/12045570/article/1439072

Those running Wasteland servers suggest trying my method as the init.sqf edit doesn't work with Wasteland (1.06)

Thunder666;2381213']So why then Arma 2 after how much of Years and Tonns of Patches is hacked by Dayz Kids again and again ?!

I don't play DayZ anymore' date=' but ArmA 2: ACE/ACRE never gets hacked.

Thunder666;2381213']I'm not sure whether this is good for the reputation of Arma 3

If you judge a game by the network stability of its Alpha test, then you're insane.

I now see the brilliance of BIS having released an unsecured alpha this early in their development process.

THIS, gentlemen.

It is way smarter to launch your unprotected software to the wild and see what it can get infected with.

I surely expect the final build to be bullet-proof if not invulnerable.

I don't play DayZ anymore, but ArmA 2: ACE/ACRE never gets hacked.
If I recall correctly, earlier on during the DayZ mod hacking there were quite a few reports and complaints of non-DayZ servers getting hit with exploits... though the disparity was probably less because of "Arma 2: ACE/ACRE" and more because of "server admins that actually secured their servers (i.e. using new BattlEye filters) and ran missions that were built securely".
If you judge a game by the network stability of its Alpha test, then you're insane.
It should be added that this is a game with no official servers, and for the first month there weren't even (proper) dedicated servers but rather missions were being run on the equivalent of console-style matchmaking... heck, they're still doing limited testing of dedicated servers.

THIS, gentlemen.

It is way smarter to launch your unprotected software to the wild and see what it can get infected with.

I surely expect the final build to be bullet-proof if not invulnerable.

I think we should go with bullet-resistant, instead.

See Below. Everyone who paid for the game has three, free alpha lite invites to hand out.

. Annoyingly the 'briefing' part of the A3 website seems to have been removed, or hard to find, which talked about the point of the alpha and what you were getting into.

Thanks, saved me digging around.

Obviously I used too many words and hard to understand concepts such as sarcasm. This time I'll just try providing you with the facts:

1. I paid for Arma 3 Alpha through Steam. I did not purchase the full version of Arma 3 with access to the alpha.

2. The 3 invites for Arma 3 Alpha Lite would not allow my friends to play online with me. That wasn't even a fact I was disputing anyway. My point was that you are saying we didn't pay for the Alpha so it must be free to everyone.

3. As a direct quote from the Arma 3 website, source below: "Both versions provide access to the Arma 3 Beta plus a digital version of the complete game upon release. The price of each edition will increase once the Arma 3 Beta and final game become available."

Therefore, I paid for the Alpha. When the full version becomes available, I also get that too. Please stop spreading ignorance.

http://www.arma3.com/news/arma3-alpha-lite-now-available#.UXitP8qC2DM

Where's that facepalm.jpg when you need it

Would you care to elaborate on that, or are you content with adding nothing of value?

Just like to report same problem too (this "infection"), I'm only looking at page 10 here so sorry if there's some stuff at latest but hey-ho.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Unbelieveable.

Sorry for double post, but:

http://i.imgur.com/KzXVdiE.png

And your point? I was arguing the fact that Messiah said we didn't pay for the Alpha. Thanks for showing a screenshot that clearly shows the Alpha is up for purchase. Although this isn't where I bought my copy, it never hurts to have supporting documentation. Thanks again.

wat? How could you buy something and not even know what you are buying? I am embarrassed on your behalf for writing this post. :j:

Oh, please, let me be the one who is embarrassed.... for your epic FAIL. I'm well aware of what I bought and paid for, that is, the Arma 3 Alpha. This also entitles me to the Beta and full version once they're available. Have a nice day.

Edited by Foxhound

@ Chortles

Don't talk rubbish. -server is essentially the same as the dedicated server exe and works just fine.

Really if you have no clue about the things you talk, better not do.

On the other hand you had some of these "servers" being run from the same computers as the hosts were playing on, even when those were just personal computers that weren't up to the task of hosting large sessions; I've seen the subsequent "dedicated server" workaround that was posted a bit over a a month back.

99% of the servers run on dedicated server machines since weeks.

-server was known since day0 and used by every arma server admin.

If you want to learn something, follow the thread from Terox or better yet join the Skype group chat.

Your false information helps noone.

We started our training last night without any problems, than a player gets in with the "infection", yes we tried it unlocked even though we knew it could happen.

Put the msg up that the server would be locked (wednesday and sunday evenings the server is full) if they want to keep playing the needed to get on our TS.

We restarted the server and everybody restarted theire game, locked the server and the server was still full with players, everybody who joined TS was "orderd" to restart the game before joining the game(just to make sure) and we had alot of fun.

Anoying yes, but if it is needed than it is needed to lock a good server, we all respect that we are in Alpha an know this could happen at some point, for us we are just happy to paticipate in the Alpha testing for ARMA3 we enjoy it as it is now and know it will become only better in the near future :)

Has there been any official anything about when, or even if this thing is going to get fixed?

even if it means they need to temporarily remove the functions that allow it to happen, until the security measures are added, it would be better than this.

They are aware and working on fixes:

Hi all, the problem of multiplayer being a target of those who wish to ruin the experience for others is certainly not something we are ignoring. It's also far from an easy thing to solve. Just like with other big topics (optimization :confused:) there are no magic bullets. I'll try to expand on the issue and our plans in the next SITREP - but I do not intend to promise specific solutions until they are fully confirmed.
Hi,

we're aware of the issue and working on a fix which should prevent "hijacking" a function (like BIS_fnc_MP) for hacking purposes.

we are working on multiple solutions to these issues (as it's not just one while it seems to be)

Didn't work for me on 1.06 Wasteland, players got no dialogue box and we all spawned on the northern spawn island location.

I tested it on Wasteland_108d.Stratis.pbo (stripped version) and it works great too here.

There is an easy way to check if the fix

"BIS_fnc_MP_packet" addPublicVariableEventHandler {}; // in init.sqf

will work for your mission.

1. Expand your mission file to a folder

2. Use the "search in files" function (of notepad++ for example) to search for BIS_fnc_MP in that folder

3. If you find it forget the fix, if not the fix will work for this mission too

Hope it helps ....

We started our training last night without any problems, than a player gets in with the "infection", yes we tried it unlocked even though we knew it could happen.

Put the msg up that the server would be locked (wednesday and sunday evenings the server is full) if they want to keep playing the needed to get on our TS.

We restarted the server and everybody restarted theire game, locked the server and the server was still full with players, everybody who joined TS was "orderd" to restart the game before joining the game(just to make sure) and we had alot of fun.

Anoying yes, but if it is needed than it is needed to lock a good server, we all respect that we are in Alpha an know this could happen at some point, for us we are just happy to paticipate in the Alpha testing for ARMA3 we enjoy it as it is now and know it will become only better in the near future :)

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this right, all I need to do is set a password for the server and Get everyone to restart before connecting to fix this "problem"?

Bohemia, I know ARMA3 is still alpha..but something must be done ASAP as last night almost all severs were infected with hacker scripts (or whataver it is)....So we got to the point where we cant play the whole evening...and thats a shame (and bad PR).

Also, I hope you will implement a good protection, nothing like it was in ARMA2.

ARMA3 is a great game..let us play our beloved game.....

here since OFP days

all the best to the team

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this right, all I need to do is set a password for the server and Get everyone to restart before connecting to fix this "problem"?

Yes, this option was posted about 300 msg's back in this toppic.

And it doesnt solve the problem, its a small work around, but if someone joins your server after he left a hacked server without restart all the players and the server need a restart even wenn it is locked it can be infected by players.

Send with tapatalk.

Bohemia, I know ARMA3 is still alpha..but something must be done ASAP as last night almost all severs were infected with hacker scripts (or whataver it is)....So we got to the point where we cant play the whole evening...and thats a shame (and bad PR).

Also, I hope you will implement a good protection, nothing like it was in ARMA2.

ARMA3 is a great game..let us play our beloved game.....

here since OFP days

all the best to the team

I quoted devs on the previous page, they're aware of this and working on fixes, but no date when they will release any fixes.

I tested it on Wasteland_108d.Stratis.pbo (stripped version) and it works great too here. There is an easy way to check if the fix "BIS_fnc_MP_packet" addPublicVariableEventHandler {}; // in init.sqf

New version of the hack out - this is not 100% effective any longer. We got a new message with "VE mute 3" at the end. So we had to put a password on the server.

New version of the hack out - this is not 100% effective any longer. We got a new message with "VE mute 3" at the end. So we had to put a password on the server.

As I wrote before I do have HACKER ID , I BANNED HIM and my server runs since yestrday without problem , of course he can buy next copy of arma 3 alpha - next ID but now I know what should I'm looking for and I will catch him again and again. regards, pkpl