Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

Didn't work for me on 1.06 Wasteland, players got no dialogue box and we all spawned on the northern spawn island location.

Same for Rarek from Ahoy World - fix does NOT work

PLS READ MY POST:

Hi All , I think I got him, look at this screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/xd914h9af/

All players have ID except one player : pc, but for a few seconds when he was connecting to my server a few times ( after I restarted mission ) his ID was shown , I made a screenshot and I do have his ID. The question is: is it him or it is innocent player - I don't think so - because 3 times when he connected his ID was deleted and then server was hacked.

That's an odd ID it just looks like a timestamp of when he joined the server...

Same for Rarek from Ahoy World - fix does NOT work

That's an odd ID it just looks like a timestamp of when he joined the server...

no, read what I wrote, It is screenshot after his ID WAS DELETED. I DO HAVE OTHER SCREENSHOT WITH HIS ID STARTING WITH 76.......

regards

pawel

ATTENTION: the following simple fix will not work with missions depending on BIS_fnc_MP,

because it disables the whole BIS_fnc_MP, so that NO code can be executed from remote this way.

This means all missions depending on BIS_fnc_MP will not work correctly with this fix.

I tested this with xeno's nice Domination 2 mission (2.99d) and it seems to works well.

(Domination makes currently no use of BIS_fnc_MP)

If you would try this AND you are familiar with .pbo extracting/packing just do the following :

1. Extract the co40_Domination_2_99d_Blufor_Lite_Alpha.Stratis.pbo

2. in init.sqf, at beginning of this file, insert this line:

"BIS_fnc_MP_packet" addPublicVariableEventHandler {};

3. Repack the .pbo

4. use it on your server

Hope it helps for now ...

Thanks Fred, that combined with overwriting the function, it cleans the infected clients aswell.

At the moment my server is running full. Infected team members got cleaned up and could connect on our private server without problems.

Thanks Fred, that combined with overwriting the function, it cleans the infected clients aswell.

At the moment my server is running full. Infected team members got cleaned up and could connect on our private server without problems.

What mission are you running?

no, read what I wrote, It is screenshot after his ID WAS DELETED. I DO HAVE OTHER SCREENSHOT WITH HIS ID STARTING WITH 76.......

regards

pawel

You are correct my apologies I did not look closely enough

Aye Tyrghen, please could you post a little tut (even if it's just amalgamating two other posts) so others could follow suite? Personally I'm not a fan of MP in its current state (I mean, without the infection ^.^) but I'm sure others will benefit greatly.

PLS READ MY POST:

Hi All , I think I got him, look at this screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/xd914h9af/

All players have ID except one player : pc, but for a few seconds when he was connecting to my server a few times ( after I restarted mission ) his ID was shown , I made a screenshot and I do have his ID. The question is: is it him or it is innocent player - I don't think so - because 3 times when he connected his ID was deleted and then server was hacked.

That PC guy came on my server this morning and about 30 seconds later - the BS started and he logged.

Do we know conclusively whether this is transmitted by the client or deployed by an individual who actually has to physically log in to a server in order to initiate the script.

Edited by BangTail

PLS READ MY POST:

You can reproduce that effect by dragging your mouse to copy id's. Happens to me all the time, i think its a known bug. Next time use shift + arrow keys to copy.

As Fred stated, it will only work if your mission doesn't use the function.

We are running a customized Dynamic War Sandbox.

I just added the following at the end of the init.sqf

BIS_fnc_MP = {};

Our server runs full for an hour now.

That PC guy came on my server this morning and about 30 seconds later - the BS started and he logged.

Do we know conclusively whether this is transmitted by the client or deployed by an individual who actually has to physically log in to a server in order to initiate the script.

I'm 99 percent it is him, I restarted server 3 times and it was working ok until he connected and disconnected, As I wrote I do his arma ID.

@Tyrghen: what means "that combined with overwriting the function" please post the complete procedure !

thx in advance

greetings Thunder

Thunder666;2381096']@Tyrghen: what means "that combined with overwriting the function" please post the complete procedure !

thx in advance

greetings Thunder

He just replied with it.

"I just added the following at the end of the init.sqf

BIS_fnc_MP = {};"

Use that.

EDIT: Thanks Tyrg, forgot to show my gratitude :)

I wonder if those hackers actually bought the game???

thx Guys, but no Chance. 30 Mins no Problems and after start a new Map the same Bullshit. So Password is the only Solution for now i think ! :(

greetings

U can get the PW in our TS

Actually, I modified the script line with a waituntil to keep overwriting the function.

We'll just wait and see :)

@BIS / BE: however long it takes, please keep all these worthless skiddies' IDs safely logged, then kindly Global Banhammer them all as soon as the opportunity arises, à la DayZ.

Well if they cant keep a couple of hackers out why the hell do they sell games ?

Did you and the rest of this thread fail to read the word after "ArmA 3" when you bought it?

For those of you wanting players on your newly passworded server, it seems a lot more practical to have them pm you for the password here. Not everyone wants to bother with Skype (I love it, but not when my enemies are all on the same channel as my teammates LOL).

Did you and the rest of this thread fail to read the word after "ArmA 3" when you bought it?

not sure but i think you mean "Alpha " right ?. So why then Arma 2 after how much of Years and Tonns of Patches is hacked by Dayz Kids again and again ?!

Congratulations BIS a single boy has the whole multiplayer community to its knees. lol

I'm not sure whether this is good for the reputation of Arma 3

greetings Thunder

Ah this just happened on my server as well and I am glad I checked here first. Are connection logs on automatically or something you have to enable? Also where would I find these logs?

As annoying as it is, its nothing we shouldn't expect from an alpha like this, and it is a part of the alpha process.

And I would love to join some of the private passworded servers, send me a PM with info if you run a server I can join sometime.

Theres a bunch of servers running full which have anti-hack, why not just play on those instead of running your own servers if its so hard.

Theres a bunch of servers running full which have anti-hack, why not just play on those instead of running your own servers if its so hard.

Bolded and underlined the answer to your question.