Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

But dont people realise this is not a game that's fully released/finished/secure? It's an alpha. Issues like this are to be expected. In fact I'm amazed it works as well as it does.

I think folk are raging rather than reading the info that's been posted.

Yes, this issue is a pain in the bottom. But chaps/chapesses you're really blowing it out of proportion, If the devs are to be believed (and they've always been damn upfront in the past).

So, for a while it looks like you wont be able to play MP on pub servers. Annoying yes, but hardly the end of the world. Wait for an interim fix or until the security's fully released.

There are other things to do.

Rgds

LoK

Hey orlock no offence your picture is suiting for stance on this situation, JACKASS!

And to the BI dev Team I would hope you would put on the loading screen something that says "the dev team is aware of the current problem and is working diligently to fix the problem, all and any updates will be posted as soon as they are properly running" this way the people are aware that you are aware. Right now all it seems like is that you have got my gun to be able to holster but that does me a hell of a lot of good if I cant draw the pistol from the holster because im doing 800 mph over the island the im harry potter.

Yes we are aware that this is an alpha, and there will be bugs, and that shit happens sometimes but problems like this can and should be fixed when they arise, not a week or so later. People need to take the time to get off the forum and leave them a message at their offices. show that you actually give a shit about your game and the hard earned cash that you put to play this game.

and orlock, im sure you will have some smart ass comment to troll after this.

ive got no idea what it is or what it does, can someone explain. What does the hacker want, because all I want to do is play the fucking game. I bought It yesterday and played It for 4 hours, and now I cant play it anymore. How and when are they going to fix this

Hey everyone.

So yes. It has been well established what is going on here today by Developers and players.

We understand the game is in Alpha stage and that there will always be hackers.

Been playing since Arma 2 came out back in 2007..or is it 2009. I think its 2009. Lol one of those years. So im sure most of you are very familiar with the series as well.

What I would like to get answered if I can by someone with solid info/knowledge.

What can server admins and mission makers do in the meantime to combat these latest string of script attacks/injections.

Thank you.

Isn't this basically the first day that this particular hack has even come up? I recall that in earlier hacking incidents we basically got the same response, "no security in alpha, no ETA" and this suggests that BI's in no rush on that front, not even as high-profile as this is -- the last time I recall a hotfix was when a dev build was affecting stable build players (seagullception) though that meant that dev build being rolled back.

Nothing you can do. They want to fuck with you. They are doing so. They won. All they are really doing is running scripts on the server. Just remember this is a game in development and anti cheat software is not yet implemented. It will be eventually. All you can do is wait.

What can server admins and mission makers do in the meantime to combat these latest string of script attacks/injections.

Nothing but wait.

clearly BIS main attack against hackers is Battleye, rather than defensive design. Until we get it, its just going to be a hackfest.

They sold you a game, that is due release Q3 2013. You have been granted access to alpha, because BI felt it would be great to hear feedback, and have a whole wider test-bed for their product

Oh, and btw, BE (or any other sort of hacker protection is still not available - heard it might be during beta, but i wouldn't hold my breath).

Plus, bear in mind that most servers are under-admin, and poorly configged.

PS:

why i really don't support hackers, i give credit to the lad for pin-pointing this flaw the way he did. Not the best manner, but negative advertising is not always bad advertising ;)

this is what we are here for. Alpha testing. Contribute.

I started doing some testing with infected servers and investigating how it actually gets spreaded.

First of all, by joining the infected server, you don't get infected just by being in the lobby. You actually have to play inside of the server to get infected with it. Then the infected person will join another server.

After the infected person joins a server, the server will still not yet be infected. It's not until they hit "escape" that the hack is activated. Once the script is activated, everyone ingame will be infected with the hack. The server will also be infected with it, which will infect anyone else who joins. Only servers with the script active will spread it to the players. Infected players can not infect others.

So the infection doesn't spread until the script is actually activated, or has been activated on the server, which will then infect anyone who joins it. Then the infection can be gotten rid of by restarting the infected game client and the infected server.

Edited by Ack4orge

The real shame of this is the damage it's causing to the community. For those that are saying this hacker has done a service, I can only say that I disagree. What this hacker has really done has locked any new players or players that haven't yet had a chance to join a group or build up their friends list from playing Arma3 online. Sure, if there's a lack of security, some 'might' be able to call that a service but from this morning until now: look at the amount of open servers. The community is on lock down. It's closed to new players and that's a real shame. BIS: Anything you can do to help us is greatly appreciated. The players that are getting hurt the most are your potential new customers. The loyal ones will be here regardless but healthy communities need new blood in order to survive. It's in both of our interests for a permanent solution to be found as soon as possible.

Hey orlock no offence your picture is suiting for stance on this situation, JACKASS!

and orlock, im sure you will have some smart ass comment to troll after this.

Hello there,

I dont believe I am trolling whatsoever, rather giving an opposing stance. I just don't agree with you. I don't dislike you or indeed anyone here, but I disagree with your POV.

I'm sorry if you think I am being a "smart ass".

I just think folk are not grasping the situation. If this were a full release, then I too would be majorly irritated. I just dont see why many folk are raging at BI. I find it baffling.

Rgds

LoK

The only servers that are working are the wasteland servers. Wonder if the Wasteland modder did this in hopes that his mod gets even more popular. ;)

it happened to my wasteland server and all our other fussion wasteland servers and we had to lock them

Point your pitchfork in the right direction

I am playing in a locked coop server, everything works fine. From what I read on the forums just make sure you dont jump from a hacked server to a locked/working server because that will also infect the locked/working server, close the game down and start it back up and join the locked server directly. This is from what I heard, and atleast its working for me. I have not tried doing it otherwise as I am not willing to take the risk. An unnecessary risk.

Hello there

It looks like some form of whitelisting might be the way forward in the intrim?

Rgds

LoK

Lets pool rescources together to track down the bastard

Ahahaha. That nearly put me in tears of laughter. Lets that not get that hasty haha. Identifying the IP and blocking it would be great though.

Same things happend early on in ArmA1 an ArmA2 just differnt types of hacks etc, we got thru it than we'll get thru it now. Thankfully were dealing with it now in Alpha phase an not final version of the game. Give BIS time they we'll sorth it out, like they have done in the past.

I understand "It's an Alpha" but, something really needs to be done or at least something publicly and officially addressed to the community. Absolutely no MP servers are usable, I just double checked and there are less than 40 people signed into servers (visible to me) right now and they are most likely just "Watching the show"....

To BIS, we understand we are in Alpha but, to not even address this officially and just pop in on ONE thread with ONE post and basically say "meh, we are in Alpha, it happens, nothing anyone can do about it"... doesn't put forward the image one would expect from a "company"(?) that so many of us feel are working on and getting ready to put out an OUTSTANDING GAME!

You have the community support behind this game, that is why so many of us have purchased in the Alpha stage. Figure out and tell us what to do in order to get us rolling again.

---------- Post added at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

If he is any kind of "hacker" he is bouncing off who knows how many proxies so, an IP would do nothing.

Hello there

The second post in this thread is from a dev and only a few pages ago he/she/it posted again.

They are responding to this issue.

Rgds

LoK

My server got hit tonight and now every time I hit escape, I get the flying thing. This isn't just connect to the server, the hacker has injected something the permanently affects the client. That isn't just an Alpha problem, it's pretty scary this something like this is even feasible. It doesn't bode well...

My server got hit tonight and now every time I hit escape, I get the flying thing. This isn't just connect to the server, the hacker has injected something the permanently affects the client. That isn't just an Alpha problem, it's pretty scary this something like this is even feasible. It doesn't bode well...

read through the thread for solutions to clean your Server and client. Plus read carefully what Dwarden says.

Rgds

LoK

To BIS, we understand we are in Alpha but, to not even address this officially and just pop in on ONE thread with ONE post and basically say "meh, we are in Alpha, it happens, nothing anyone can do about it"...
... that one post is as close as you're getting to an official response at this point in time.