Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

The only servers that are working are the wasteland servers. Wonder if the Wasteland modder did this in hopes that his mod gets even more popular. ;)

I tried joining 3 wasteland servers, all of which were hacked - same idiot there.

It could be affecting those that run the game 'as admin' which I had not being doing until just a few days ago.

Ding ding ding! I think we have a winner. That is directly mentioned as a "NOGO" in one of the DayZ topics where hacks were hijacking individuals product serials. Any thoughts on this DEV's or Moderators?

Well, as long as you close your client it will be removed from vars. Users who go from server to server with an infected Vars will just keep spreading it.

I really hope you see this. Because you obviously need someone to tell you that you need to get a life. How does it feel to have literally EVERYONE playing a game hate you? Must be pretty depressing. Quit wasting your life on pathetic deeds like hacking an alpha. Way to go bud, you've achieved absolutely NOTHING of value in life. And you will probably never amount to anything. See, I don't need to play this game to be happy- I have friends, an awesome job, and self-esteem. I'm guessing you don't know what any of those three items are though. Maybe you could use your superior computer knowledge to use the internet and look them up. Now go on, get outta here slugger, because right now, you are nothing. You are meaningless. So go make a name for yourself doing something that will actually make people want to look at you instead of creating boiling hatred in their hearts.

Sincerely,

The Hippest Kid on this side of the forums

P.S. B***ing and Moaning won't get you anywhere in life. There you go, that's the first tip in my Success Guide (you lucky son of a gun!). PM me if you want to buy my book, "How To Not Be a Pitiful Loser"! I think Oprah might be adding it to her Book Club ;)

I´m pretty p***ed right now about this to be honest. It looks like this is saved to the Clients computer as I just restarted the Server and passworded it. Noone else except me on the Server.

Had a full server then people had to leave again because of script kiddies who like to take a joke on our costs! Our Server is not the only one..it´s every single Server!

Verify Signatures is not enough. Get it sorted ASAP please! :(

My game is infected too. Just found out that eg. using devcon modules in editor triggers it too, and because my game is infected I've been probably spreading it to others in MP... :banghead:

Of course.. as with everyone else I have been to some of these servers.

So, as just a player, what do we do?

Do I need to uninstall then re-install to make sure nothing is hiding out in my system?

Dear Hacker,

I really hope you see this. Because you obviously need someone to tell you that you need to get a life. How does it feel to have literally EVERYONE playing a game hate you? Must be pretty depressing. Quit wasting your life on pathetic deeds like hacking an alpha. Way to go bud, you've achieved absolutely NOTHING of value in life. And you will probably never amount to anything. See, I don't need to play this game to be happy- I have friends, an awesome job, and self-esteem. I'm guessing you don't know what any of those three items are though. Maybe you could use your superior computer knowledge to use the internet and look them up. Now go on, get outta here slugger, because right now, you are nothing. You are meaningless. So go make a name for yourself doing something that will actually make people want to look at you instead of creating boiling hatred in their hearts.

Sincerely,

P.S. B***ing and Moaning won't get you anywhere in life. There you go, that's the first tip in my Success Guide (you lucky son of a gun!). PM me if you want to buy my book, "How To Not Be a Pitiful Loser"! I think Oprah might be adding it to her Book Club

Language.

Are you unaware of the deffinition of "dick"? You may want to check the dictionary under the world "penis".

I am affraid you made me go offtopic with this off topic post of yours. In the end, this is still a 18+ game with an 18+ forum ;)

From my investigations,

This is actually a security hole within the engine, BIS_fnc_MP is being recompiled by the attacker and sent over the network, it's overriding clients BIS_fnc_MP (which is why there is a infection). If a client is infected (i.e the attacker comes on, executes, sends) they will stay with the changed recompiled BIS_fnc_MP till he/she restarts their game. This is a security hole within the engine, BIS functions them selves shouldn't be able to be changed period. To allow people to 'recompile' BIS's functions is really just a stupid idea and should be changed in the future, it's one thing to let a mission maker change and recompile a function for their mission.

I'm fine with no anti-cheat measures like Battleye in an alpha state, but to leave stuff like that open is just stupid and bad practice, if patching out the recompiling of BIS functions isn't dealt with in the future it won't matter if we get battleye or not, innocent people will be banned by it. In the mean time i'm just going to patch out BIS_fnc_MP from the missions I am working on to stop it.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Sincerely,

P.S. B***ing and Moaning won't get you anywhere in life. There you go, that's the first tip in my Success Guide (you lucky son of a gun!). PM me if you want to buy my book, "How To Not Be a Pitiful Loser"! I think Oprah might be adding it to her Book Club ;)

Pathetic...to say the least.

So what we have basically (assuming Tonic is correct) is this:

1. hacker joins, recompiles the bis_fnc_mp and sends it out

2. server, being a client, receives it, executes it and stores in memory as the new 'current' bis_fnc_mp, initiating step 1.

3. clients receive it, execute it, and store it in memory as the new 'current' bis_fnc_mp, initiating step 1.

4. clients disjoin server, join another server, bis_fnc_mp gets executed and the player, unknown to them, becomes the 'hacker' initiating step 1.

If true, kind of brilliant in a 'supreme jerk of jerks' kind of way.

16:10:43 STSu*EroMusha uses modified data file
16:10:43 Player STSu*EroMusha connecting.
[b]16:10:44 Player STSu*EroMusha kicked off - too big custom file 'face.jpg' (83659 B > 10 B).[/b]
16:10:44 Player STSu*EroMusha disconnected.

That "too big custom file" looks like it's trying to cause a buffer overflow attack. I hope BIS find the bug (if it's a bug) and patch it asap.

They will most likely be able to track the IP back (i'm guessing) ... so he won't keep up with this for very long...

BTW very smart hacking shit guy, if you don't like the game then GTFO and go spank your monkey somewhere else.

To stop it all you have to do is everytime it happens, just completely restart your game. It infects your client so that you spread it to every server you join after that.

Okay guys, so I was talking with some server admins, and they said that the attacks are infectious and infect your client so that every server you join after that you infect. He's not hopping from server to server, you are, and it's coming with you. So to stop it, completely shut down your game everytime you jump into a server with it, then when you relaunch it just join a different server and hope it's not infected. Also, before leaving, alert everybody in the lobby they must completely restart their game if they want it to stop happening to them.

To whoever started this sh*t -

Those files probably have a perfectly valid reason, presumably it's so that when a hacker joins a server, and changes everybodies gear to a certain set of gear, they can kill all players and reset everybodies gear quickly. Now you abusing it does nothing. I understand you want that BIS sh*t gone, but why don't you come here and make a thread yourself rather than taking more time than you need to make a script that does your work for you? Not only that, but you could be ruining a hell of a lot of first impressions of this game, effectively killing the chances of community growth on a game you obviously love so dearly that you resort to doing this to fix something. You're not going about it the right way... Not at all are you going about it the right way.

back to the people who actually matter -

This is how you can slow it down guys, it won't be instantly, but if everybody knows this information, it will probably help to slow it down so that only the person who started it can do it. Sure there'll be other people who will be like "LOL KOOL BRUH THIS IS AWSUM LETS GO TRAWLLL LAWLAWLAWLAWL" but just ignore them... Good day.

Also, Bohemia can you try and fix this ASAP please?