Sign in to follow this  
thdman1511

Respawn scipt that allows to keeps Original loadout for both soldier and vehicles.

How do you get your soldiers and vehicles to respawn with their original custom loadouts. I have found that once my soldier is killed and respawn there are alway an item missing that cannot be replaced. The biggest item that tend to go missing when respawned is the backpack and when you go to resupply the soldier with the backpack, the inventory wont accept even thou the slot is showing vacant and available. How do I overcome this, and also with vehicles, they tend to respawn with no weapons or arm, especially the helicopters, you click on rearm AH-9 and nothing happens. How do we rearm the helicopters when they respawn.

Is it possible to run two scripts in the units init box, one for the vehicle respawn then run the one for the weapon reload etc.

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

I have a script called sniper.sqf and in that I have the fulll loadout I desire for the sniper unit.

Then in the init of the unit, I have:-

null = [this] execVM "sniper.sqf"; this addeventhandler ["respawn","_this execVM 'sniper.sqf'"];

The sniper script will be executed each time the mission starts, and each time the unit respawns.

Thankyou for your reply. So if I change the text file I use to copy and paste my custom loadouts to the unit Initialisation field to a sqf file, and then put the coding above into the units initialization field, then it should work ok, or is there added coding that need to be done.