Sign in to follow this  
goutofashion

is it still worth starting mods/addons for arma2 ?

hi, i wanted to create a few missions and i was searching for some particular units - special forces sporting traditional civil clothing, pmc's and similar mercenaries (mainly for missions in the hindukusch area and central asia but fitting in other regions as well), only to learn all the existing units are not finished or just not what i was looking for.

the closest thing to what i want are tier one operators by mc nools - actually those are pretty close but they miss a feature to change headgear and something like the great pistol holster script by norrin.

well long story short: since i'm experienced in texturing and modeling in general i thought why not start a addon/mod for arma2.

but after a short amount of time and alot of frustration in the process to set up all the tools etc. i wondered, is it worth the time to create something for arma2 at this point when alot of people already switching to arma3 (especially if i have to learn most of the process for arma2 development) ?

so is it worth the time to start something for arma2 now?

+ is anybody interested in helping me ?

thx

Edited by goutofashion

Surely you can only decide that for yourself?

A lot of work is transferable, as long as you keep A3 in mind in terms of how you construct various parts of the mesh. Vehicles/weapons more so than units, however.

And at any rate, you've posted in the ArmA 1 forums ;)

You might wanna check out Tier One soldiers addon, it has all sorts of spec ops for the bulfor that look like the civie takis.

Moving to the ArmA 2 forum.

oh sry and thx

You might wanna check out Tier One soldiers addon, it has all sorts of spec ops for the bulfor that look like the civie takis.

yes like i said they are pretty close to what i want and if nobody is interested in helping (makes no sense to do that on my own at this point... it would take ages to learn the development) i'll just use the existing tier one units.

thx

Edited by goutofashion

I think it's unusual for people to leap out of the woodwork to commit to a months long project, especially if it's for something very personal to yourself. You should post a request in the addon request thread sticky and indicate you're willing to help.