Sign in to follow this  
teppe

New Tactical Shooter Game!

I have been watching this project called 'Elite' and thought to share it over here. It's a new tactical shooter on the way, and I think we should help these devs as they are doing something good for us PC warriors:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/elite-special-forces

Please head over to their Facebook or Twitter page and like/follow them. Let's give these guys some support!

Here's their Facebook and Twitter profile:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Realisticgamestudios/192852874195758

https://twitter.com/RealisticGameSt

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Oh, great! Yet another person that installed a free SDK and thinks they are now a well organized and professional game studio that warrants their own thread. =/

Players must choose 1 out of 17 special forces for each individual character, giving both CT units such as the French "GIGN" and the Russian "Spetsnaz Alfa", while also giving a millitary experience in units like the British "SAS" and the US "Navy Seals".

So a small team is going to model all 17 special forces, their kit, and weapons? What about animations? How many think this number will decrease over time when they realize how much work this would create for them?

Edited by Hans Ludwig

Elite Special Forces?

I take it usual special forces aren't cool anymore?

Oh, great! Yet another person that installed a free SDK and thinks they are now a well organized and professional game studio that warrants their own thread. =/

Wait, am I missing something? Why did we come out of the gate hating this? I totally understand there is a lack of information, or really anything to show for it in general, but are we all really jumping on the hate ship and setting sail so soon? I feel like I missed something, and if so, please let me know... otherwise, that was a little harsh. A lot of successful game companies started with a modding background... no reason to discount this yet, right?

Although concept art doesn't need to be super amazing, if I was modelling from that, I would be like FFUUUUUUUUUUUU

The proportions are pretty bad, the fabric is overwrought, and the details are vague. There is little to no colour information, nor any texture information, and it doesn't seem like the equipment is very accurate. I hope your modeller likes to work from photos, because if I got those concepts to model from, I would ask the concept artist to send his photo references and then never open them again. Work like this is all about the details and accuracy. I can get the 'look and feel' of a real life thing by looking at the real life thing.