Sign in to follow this  
mcruppert

SciFi SW Mod

One of my favorite Arma II mods is coming to Arma III and i only found out about it three pages in?

I feel horrible :'(

Dont think that works cause if a normal arma3 civilian would take the stormtrooper outfit he just would have the white armour and no black underwear

is it possible to make all leg, chest and arm armour a vest? If so the black undersuit could be the uniform.

The snow trooper looks great too :)

is it possible to make all leg, chest and arm armour a vest? If so the black undersuit could be the uniform.

The snow trooper looks great too :)

Honestly, you could. The vest and headgear are basically the Arma 2 model broken up into different pieces. As long as you weight the arm and leg armor pieces with the legs and arms, then it should work.

Could be done yes so what do you guys think about it?

At the moment im fighting to get just the simple vest working and the rest of the unit to fit really frustrating shit

Could be done yes so what do you guys think about it?

At the moment im fighting to get just the simple vest working and the rest of the unit to fit really frustrating shit

Weighting giving you issues? I can't seem to get that right with my addon. Pretty much, you have to weight it similarly to how the example vest is weighted.

So, the two methods are either A) have the black undersuit as the uniform, and the armour as the vest, or B) have the black undersuit and armour as the uniform, and leave the vest free.

I'm in favour of the latter, for those tacticool stormtroopers with chest rigs. Is there any advantage to the former?

So, the two methods are either A) have the black undersuit as the uniform, and the armour as the vest, or B) have the black undersuit and armour as the uniform, and leave the vest free.

I'm in favour of the latter, for those tacticool stormtroopers with chest rigs. Is there any advantage to the former?

I guess it comes down to whether there is any benefit in having the black undersuit separate. The whole point of separating vest from uniform is to provide more variety. You'd probably never want to wear the armour without the black undersuit and having the vest slot free does give the freedom to add variants such as pauldrons.

Yeah who wants to play in just the black suit? Or as you said with just the white parts...I will stay on my plan to make the vest just the chest part.

I am so very glad you are back. Your old SW thread inspired me to buy ARMA2 and tinker with mods years ago. THANK YOU.

If you need any help from a SW lovin' graphics/3d design veteran... hit me up. I'd love to contribute. :D

Love your progress here :) .

Btw. , Ruppert as I saw you were also trying the AT-AT, I'd start the first stage with "just" the infantry.

Big projects such as a nicely working walker might wear you down, atleast that's what I experienced in the past. A mod can always be expanded, and a first infantry pack would be a good basis to start with.

@icewindo

Yeah i know what you mean but i fucking want an atat! Since ofp i wanted a working walker...

But i have to mention i have broken off the atat progress because of problems with adding new bones for the animation... Mabye i will find someone who can give me a hand...

What about those weird Gungan submarines from Episode one? What with the new SDVs...

All the same, hope it's coming along smooth. Good luck with the AT-AT, or at least an AT-ST.

Very nice! Thanks for the update.

how do you guys make weapons? can you link me to a tutorial please?

looks neat btw

very cool, hope you do Endor Rebels too.

Bit of feedback. Boots look a tad too thin and pants maybe a little too puffed. I dunno maybe its just me.

Look at this photo as comparison

Thx yeah endor rebels are in work.

I think the puffed look comes from the thin boots... I will fix that

McRuppert,

I am really liking the snow trooper outfit.

Are you looking to turn this into a sort of total conversion, ala invasion 1944?

It'd be great to see the two factions duking it out on a domination, or even annex and defend map. :)

Really loving the work though, good job. :)

hey ive noticed you atrted to wwork on the mod but its now for arma 3 i remember you posted many photos of many units and vehicles but no actual updates have been released if you could would it be posible for you to send out an update for the arma 2 version because its been years sence the last one and me and my friends love this mod and would love for there to be an update thanks please try to complete this and not mae it like the last one that was cancelled

I do not speak on behalf Ruppert but afaik he didn't just cancel it out of the blue but he actually lost, like really lost, all the data ...