Sign in to follow this  
clydefrog

Which Task system are you using?

I'd like to know (as well as a lot of others here too I guess) which task systems people are using and which has proven to be the best working and most reliable so far for multiplayer missions hosted on local and/or dedicated servers. There have been some new ones made for ArmA 3 like FHQ Tasktracker (looks good but doesn't support missions with respawn yet) and there are still ArmA 2 systems that work (at least for now) e.g. Shuko's Taskmaster. Then there are BI's own ways of doing it such as the in-editor modules, the old createSimpleTask etc. way and also the way they have done it in one of the MP missions that came with A3 where you have to kill generals (which by looking it seems a bit convoluted compared to other ways I've seen).

So, what have you tried using and which have you found to be the best working for MP and are sticking with at least for now?

I'd like to know (as well as a lot of others here too I guess) which task systems people are using and which has proven to be the best working and most reliable so far for multiplayer missions hosted on local and/or dedicated servers. There have been some new ones made for ArmA 3 like FHQ Tasktracker (looks good but doesn't support missions with respawn yet) and there are still ArmA 2 systems that work (at least for now) e.g. Shuko's Taskmaster. Then there are BI's own ways of doing it such as the in-editor modules, the old createSimpleTask etc. way and also the way they have done it in one of the MP missions that came with A3 where you have to kill generals (which by looking it seems a bit convoluted compared to other ways I've seen).

So, what have you tried using and which have you found to be the best working for MP and are sticking with at least for now?

So fare i have understod is the FHQ_TT do support RS and JIP, i just think a man(some dude whit a grip on it) needs to tell how to use it 100% because it aint working for me :D

Ive been using FHQ TaskTracker with no problems.

Easy to use and easy to script :)

Ive been using FHQ TaskTracker with no problems.

Easy to use and easy to script :)

is it possible to have a short conversation in how to do since its hard to get any help regarding this and i have tryed mate i really have ;(

its the last part of gettin my mission complete to acctualy get the tasks to show to all clients when probber.

Best regards baloo

Edited by baloo666

Personally I've used tasktracker in making a mission and I really like it but so far have not run it on a server. But after reading the thread and people saying they are having JIP problems with it, the makers said that it isn't made to work with respawned units but they will add it through an update. They said basically if you have AI units disabled so when you come into the game as a JIP player you are spawning as a unit that wasn't there when the mission started, then it won't work properly. So according to the guys who made it, as it is it doesn't work for missions using respawn. Their definition of Join in Progress differs from most peoples':

uhm... your mission has AI disabled, so it does not even support join in progress at all.

Eidt: Ok, you got a respawn=BASE setting. This is not a JIP issue at all, it's because the unit respawns.

The current script does not hanlde respawns (mainly because I hate respawn and never used it in any of my missions, heh). I'll add it for the next version.

When you start a mission with disabled AI, the AI is dead on mission start. If a player later joins, he doesn't join in progress, he respawns.

You have to acknowledge the fact that a task is not assigned to a player, or client. It is assigned to a unit, that is, the solider that the player might or might not inhabit. See the Biki page. If a unit is dead on mission start because AI is disabled, it will not receive the original task.

Anyways they said they will update it to add that support, but for now for me at least, if that's the case with respawned units/JIP players with AI disabled then it's a no go for now.

Edited by clydefrog

yea i can se what you mean think we need to push to who ever made suko`s to port it to arma 3

yea i can se what you mean think we need to push to who ever made suko`s to port it to arma 3

Shuko made Taskmaster 2, and unfortunately has said he won't be making an Arma 3 version as he has no interest in the game.

Anymore input? It would be good to know what people are using and what works well....

I use A2B Editor. It works for both Arma II and Arma III. Google it to find the download. I'm sorry I don't have the link for you.