Sign in to follow this  
arjay

ARJay LIB script library

ARJay Sandbox

---------------------------

My first release for ARMA 3, the ARJay script library. Including a test mission for triggering the various functions.

This is a library built for assisting with single player mission development. It demonstrates scripting basics and

mission setup including custom mission text and image, establishing UAV shot (disabled in init.sqf by default), briefing setup, and stringtable for multi langauge support.

Features

Utils

Inspect object in detail to the RPT

Inspect on interval

Dump config class names to the RPT

Map teleport on click

Display object var name and class when targeted with the crosshair

Inspect object in detail to the RPT after 3 seconds targeting with the crosshair

Announce

Cut screen

Title text

3D text

Dynamic text

Markers

Tracking map marker on 5 second interval

Task

Using new BI Notification system

Eliminate target

Eliminate group

Require an item to be in player inventory

Conversation

Example using BI conversation system and FSM

Gear

Custom loadout quicksets covering all built in units and some example custom loadouts

Effect

Post process effects quicksets

Environment

Date, time and weather system quicksets

Spawn

Spawn quicksets for various ammo types

Spawn items randomly around a radius at random intervals (simulated missile strike etc)

Camera

Adds cinematic functions for handling cameras including quicksets for seting height of camera

Static Shot

Pan Shot

Lower camera

Raise camera

Move camera

Live feed

Media

WgEnFd1h.jpg

dWbulkph.jpg

Download

Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61o0cngr2cxs072/ARJay_Sandbox.Stratis.zip

Github

https://github.com/ARJayDEV/ARJayLIB_sandbox

Video

Changelog

22/04/2013 - Fleshed out the task system to include some extra functions and callback system

See test mission for example

02/05/2013 - Zip and GitHub updated to fix a couple of bugs introduced in the latest dev branch update.

Added simple garbage collection system example.

Edited by ARJay
Updated

Hi AYJAY I was wondering if you could help me a little. I'm trying to use the Low level pan shot.

I have placed every thing in the editor what i need. i have camera2, cameratarget2, pantarget 1 & 2.

What do i need in the init.sqf and description.ext?

One other thing how do i remove the hint at the start?

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

I got it working now :)

just one small question how do i remove the hint at the start when the cam starts to move?

Hi hellstorm,

Sounds like you are almost there.

Firstly, make sure you have the arjay folder in your mission folder.

Next make sure you have included the ARJay LIB kickstart in your init.sqf

// ARJAY LIB SETUP -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// inlcude the arjay script library
#include "arjay\arjay_kickstart.sqf"

Also make sure you have the actual trigger in your mission, and not just the red sphere.

To get rid of the hint, click on the effects button at the bottom of the trigger dialog and change the TYPE to none.

Thanks Imutep, and Foxhound for the exposure!

thanks this will be really useful ! downloading it right now

one question , all people show how to make a custom load out and this is good but there is a thing I cant find out how to make it work in Multy

and it is , How to give the players customfaces ? because the command "this setface" putted in the init seems not working

I have no problem adding the weapons , uniforms , items I want but I' am having problems settings the face I want , it works only in the editor but then in Multy looks broken , seems it give priority to the profile face of the various human players over the set face command

thanks

Hi Hazzard,

This library is focused on single player development currently, I can't help you with the setface, as I haven't played with it much.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

I have updated the library to improve the simple task system. That should be it for updates for a while, I will post another example mission that shows the task system shortly.

Test mission posted forum post here

Edited by ARJay

This should become a standard download for anyone interested in scripting - truly awesome!

I have similar function missions but not as good or as comprehensive. Great tip on using the helper sphere to mark triggers, never thought of it before. I have always marked the corners with traffic cones which is tedious and unsightly.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, some of these are proving extremely helpful.

Nice work!

I just had a quick scan through the files and there is some really useful things in there, I will recommend this library to friends.

Great work ARJay.

oh ok :( anyway thanks :)

however I download and tried it , your work is great ! , keep up the good work :D

and if you decide to move to multiplayer too please take a look at the setface command and how to sync it with other players :)

many thanks

Thanks ARJay,

Having a great time creating missions with these.

Thanks for the praise guys, I've been so busy scripting I haven't even made a mission yet :) - If anyone uses the library in their missions, I would love to see the end result.

keep up the good work and a UP for this because is super Usefull

Zip and GitHub updated to fix a couple of bugs introduced in the latest dev branch update.

Added simple garbage collection system example.

Arjay, can you teach us how to use the conversation system? Some tutorial with steps or anything you can thing of would be much appreciated.