Sign in to follow this  
udidwht

Patch issue?

Purchased (TOH and TOH: Hinds) from GameStop and after installing it shows the version for TOH as 1.05.90.506. Both the TOH and TOH: Hinds are selected within the expansions section within settings. My GameStop app shows TOH version as 1.05.005 and Hinds as 1.00.019

I know there is a version 1.06 which I downloaded (Patch 1_05-1_06). But when I run it it tells me right after extracting that "Take On helicopters is not installed or either corrupted" then ends. How do I resolve this? The game itself starts and runs fine.

Game is installed as follows: D:GameStop Games/Bohemia Interactive/Take On Helicopters

Edited by udidwht
additional info

To start with I would like to warn you, I hope early enough, not to start any missions on your game if you don't apply all of the patches. If you act likewise then you will end up hitting your head on the wall, as I did and it still hurts...

The problem is that all saved progress will be useless due to the update. It will say saved game not compatible with game version.

Now in order for me to check your problem I would like you to inform me, if you have downloaded or purchased the game in a CD form. Sadly there are quite a few problems in this download kind of situation.

Moreover you could try using the patch 1.01 to 1.06 straight through in order to check if it would work.

Hope that this works so as for you to start playing this fantastic game.

I downloaded from GameStop using their download app. I also tried as you suggested the 1-6 patch and ended up with the same results. The game menu showed both TOH and TOH: Hinds in the expansion section. But I was not able too see any selections for the Hinds anywhere.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Have not started any missions either only free flight at this point.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

just to add....I even attempted to run the hind setup from within the TOH folder and it failed saying it could not locate TOH on computer.

Now this is quite important, has any other game reported this error before?

And also some times computers need a defragment or else they tend to "miss" data. Have you defragmented your computer lately?

Also another thing is the driver. Many games, especially old ones, tend to need to be installed on the windows driver which is normally C. This is not normal these days but maybe GameStop has such a requirement. I have no knowledge about this site but since you have downloaded the game maybe it needs to be installed on C.

Last but not least, is there any auto update provided by the aforementioned site?

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

I resolved the issue.

Turns out the GameStop app installed the game as (D:GameStop/Bohemia Interactive/Take On Helicopters/) as a result the patch was not seeing the TOH.exe

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it into D:Bohemia Interactive/Bohemia Interactive/Take On Helicopters

Game is working great and it's showing all expansions including the ARMA2 OA entries.

So anyone who downloads the game be sure and install it into the Bohemia Interactive folder you may have on your system if you have any games developed by BI.

Much appreciated for the help. Now let's go fly...