Sign in to follow this  
bigpickle

A10 SadHog

How Do you Feel About The ArmA A10 Thunderbolt  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How Do you Feel About The ArmA A10 Thunderbolt

• Love it, and would sleep in the cockpit at night if I had one!
    • like it
    • Not fussed either way
    • dislike it
    • Hate it with a burning passion, and want it cast into the fires of hades

Is everyone sick of the A10? Or are folks feeling that ArmA will feel strange without or Hog?

Personally I feel the latter. One of the biggest attractors to the ArmA series for me was the A10, knowing it wont be in the A3 skies is disappointing. I'm sure that there will be some kind of equivalent for both sides but, It just wont feel the same for me without the A10.

I know that it'll get modded at some point for preferential use but the beauty of A1 & A2 was it was already there no mods required, adding to that, I also love mods for arma and believe it makes arma what it is a great game, so in many ways for organized groups mods are not issue as the BIS Key functionality is great, but when you fancy some public play only the most popular mods if any are allowed generally.

Here's to hoping BIS have pity on the hog lovers add add it to the game.

its probally up their with the f18 for being ported in by the modding crew within days of planes being added to the test phase.

but honestly the A10 was forced on the airforce, and in reality they dislike the whole "not super quick fighter" aspect, just look at the next CAS thats replacing it... the F35.

I love the A10: 30mm depleted uranium rounds firing @ 6000 RPM? I wouldn't want to be in a tank column with an enemy A10 flying around!

Yay!

You guys are mistaking the Warthog for being crap when its an awesome weapon and does its job better than anything else.I watched a video of a main developer of the warthog giving his opinion of why the F35 will fail compared to the A10 and it opened my eyes.Every critique he made did not give you the impression of bias but of engineering brilliance that is the A10.Its slowness is actually a by product of its brilliance in all other areas and to make it faster would of meant to make it less combat worthy.;)Sadly I cant find the video.

Maybe a BIS inspired future A10?

You think A-10's being mods are bad? Let's not forget EVERYONE has to have a go at M4's at some point ;)

Yes I too was sad to see it go and wish it would return. I'm not flying in arma game all that much but when I do, I fly the A10. As you said there will most probably be mod for it but some (quite many actually, as of arma 2) servers do not allow any mods whatsoever and that included sound mods too. Whatever the reson So yes, I'd love to see it back, seeing as it's combat service won't end anytime soon anyways. Doesn't the hellenic army actually got few A10's?

its probally up their with the f18 for being ported in by the modding crew within days

I wouldn't bet on it, not with the F18...

I'm a DCS nut, but I don't like flying the A-10A in Arma for one reason - tracers. Why are we firing training rounds?

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

Doesn't the hellenic army actually got few A10's?

The US does not export the A-10.

The A10 is an awesome machine, as they say "It's the only jet you turn around to fly towards the AA battery that is shooting you!"...

Yay!

Maybe we should have a Stealth Warthog for Arma 3 :D

Wow that looks awesome, would be nice if BIS did something similar. The F35 looks ugly I think, barely ever fly it in A2.

Wow that looks awesome, would be nice if BIS did something similar. The F35 looks ugly I think, barely ever fly it in A2.
That thing is completely made up, and it would probably fly quite badly...

Yay!