Feint

RQ-11B Raven for Arma3

Just a thought- In order to give achieve both smoothness and get rid of jumpiness, could you make the distance the camera moves a function of the zoom level? I.e. zoomed out, the camera moves 10m a time, zoomed in it moves 1m a time?

Right now, it just moves one meter at a time, no matter what the zoom level. But that's a good idea.

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Does this mean that you can enable the minicam and then someone else can control it from the GCS while you are still able to watch? Or do you still need the GCS to see the minicam?

I ask because with the default UAVs and cTab its quite nice to give someone else the ability to quickly take a look at the camera feed without being in control of the UAV.

Yes, but I've not tested it in multiplayer.

Edited by Feint

Just a thought- In order to give achieve both smoothness and get rid of jumpiness, could you make the distance the camera moves a function of the zoom level? I.e. zoomed out, the camera moves 10m a time, zoomed in it moves 1m a time?

I implemented this tonight and tested it. Oh man, what a great idea. It looks SOOOO much better. And it took all of 2 minutes to implement it. I just changed the amount that the camera moves from 1 meter to the amount of the camera FOV level variable. Now, zoomed in moves are smooth as butter. Thanks again!

Now This! is raven.

So disappointed! when i see this babe in BF4

The fuck is purpose in BF4 anyway kamikaze?

This is looking good :) It seems you have a trowing amination for it aswell?

This is looking good :) It seems you have a trowing amination for it aswell?

It's actually the standard grenade throw. I tried it and I think it looks pretty convincing! And it works no matter what type of weapon (or non-weapon) you are currently holding and no matter what stance you are in. :)

QUICK UPDATE:

Well, as always, while making a new video (the launch video actually) and after multiplayer testing briefly with my dad over Thanksgiving, I found a few more bugs that I'm ironing out:

• The camera doesn't turn off automatically after autolanding (should be an easy fix)
  • Laser end point height screwed up when over water (I can figure that one out, I think) - screwed up by experimental left side alt ribbon, I am guessing
  • Experimental left side altitude ribbon needs visual tweaking
  • Engine sound delay needs to be tweaked (problems might be caused by fps)
  • attachTo problems in multiplayer (attachTo is rife with bugs when using createVehicle - I might just ignore them and let BIS fix them)
  • Raven too strong on the front and too weak on the belly (if that's possible) triggering dismantling of the Raven when simply dropping from shoulder height but smashing through and destroying cars when landing (I don't know how to fix this simply with "armor" values)

So, the way I have the Raven in-camera "HUD" set up now is that you have a lot of data on the Raven in camera view such as altitude AGL and ASL, speed, distance from target, distance from GCS, etc. The real Raven doesn't have much of this other than radar altitude and two or three other pieces of data. I was thinking of making the HUD more like the real life counterpart (simple, white lettering, basic no frills). I think this might improve performance on slower machines, but maybe I should just leave it because why mess with something that works.

WIP-camera_view_tweaks_LR.jpg

Also, I'm debating whether I should make the keystroke assignments a separate file that can be edited by players in the userconfig folder or if I should assign the controls to action keys or if I should just leave it as is. Currently, they are assigned to DIK keys or whatever they are called and I know a few people have expressed concerns about not having numpads (something that's currently critical to the camera control functions). Current number of assigned keystrokes is 23 (21 keys + 2 shift states). So it's too many for User Keys unless I remove some of the functionality. I could make the increase and decrease of the compass size automatic on zoom level. That would remove one keystroke and one shift state. I could just set the readouts to metric and abandon imperial readouts (and a keystroke and "if then" checks for several readouts). That's about the only keys I could remove. Everything else is a feature that I think needs to stay.

Anyway, work continues...

Edited by Feint

Looking good! But a quick question, a while back I think I read somewhere about the being in the FFAA mod or something like that. Is this true?

---------- Post added at 06:02 ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 ----------

As long as the keys do not interfere with anything other than the adding its fine. Because you won't need those keys to control your character while flying the raven.

Looking good! But a quick question, a while back I think I read somewhere about the being in the FFAA mod or something like that. Is this true?

---------- Post added at 06:02 ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 ----------

As long as the keys do not interfere with anything other than the adding its fine. Because you won't need those keys to control your character while flying the raven.

Negative. In the Arma2 version of the Raven thread, I used one of the FFAA boats as a landing point for the Raven. That's probably what you are remembering.

Looking great, I would think as long as the assigned keys don't disrupt standard controls it wouldn't be a problem. It's always nice to be able to setup a userconfig but your A2 raven worked great

Looking great, I would think as long as the assigned keys don't disrupt standard controls it wouldn't be a problem. It's always nice to be able to setup a userconfig but your A2 raven worked great

On my dad's computer, I set up Arma3 for testing and when I hit "G" to exit the camera view, it tossed a grenade because I'd forgotten to remap that key. Sometimes when you hit N to change camera views and then exit the camera, your NV goggles will be on. Other than that, I've not seen the keystrokes activate anything else on the player when in camera view.

I believe that is the old HUD for the RQ-11A and the old GCS. There's a new GCS now with a different HUD, but I've not found a clear photo of it when the Raven B model is being used.

Well i didn´t find an new version either (well Military stuff =Top Secret) but i think Information should be "small" meaning only speed of the Drone, Altitude, and Heading of the Camera nothing more maybe an GPS cordinate for the Drone.!

Just do as I do, when you see a 'is it ready yet' post, just press the little triangle, and report the post as spam. The moderators wlll then mop it up as spam.

Hey Feint - super fine Raven you have made there. I already packed up a Hunter with it in the luggage compartment along with all the other stuff we use.

regards

Martin

ps

When loaded into a vehicle from the mission start. I can not assamble the Raven when i pull the Raven-backpack out of the cargo in the vehicle.. If i just place a backpack on the ground - no problems.

Any ideas on that?

Edited by Mav87th

Great work on this, Feint.

What is the className for the backpack?

Hello great work!!

question, is there a way to watch the camera feed from two monitors?

Thank you