Sign in to follow this  
GTDAWG

ARMA3 alpha gameplay is nothing like arma2?

game seems well for lack of a better word "jittery"

I have the latest and greatest computer out there with dual NVidia 660TI superclocked in SLI format.

I cant seem to shoot anything due to the weird jittery gameplay.

Im sorry but they should have kept everything like ARMA2 (keybindings etc)

I hope they get all the issues worked out to make this game enjoyable to play like ARMA2 was?

Keybindings are almost the same.

Most of the changes are the "new" Ctrl+W,S for stance changes ..and the G for grenade key (I for inventory).

Beyond this..in "Movement" section of your Main menu exclusive keys for "Stand" , "Crouch" , "Prone" are already there if you

decide to play like you used in ARMA 2..but you ll lose serious benefits of the "multiple stances system"

As for "G" for grenade you can bind any key /anyhow you want..Nothing else has really changed (regarding controls)

=========

As for "Jittery" gameplay..personally i have way lesser hardware quality system..and i m ok.

Personal advice..Choose wisely the servers you are playing and have some patience until "the guys there" do what they doing best..

I have the latest and greatest computer out there with dual NVidia 660TI superclocked in SLI format.

I hope they get all the issues worked out to make this game enjoyable to play like ARMA2 was?

Must be something wrong with your system. Arma3 is way smoother than Arma2 for me.

If you post the issues you have with the game, people on the forums may be able to suggest ways to make it more to your liking through settings, configurations, and even mods.

Also post your computer specs, cpu, gpu, ram, OS, hdd/ssd, also post what overclocks you have set.

Not to nitpick or anything but "latest and greatest" might be a bit hopeful. Not saying it isn't good and more than capable, but sli 660ti is lacking compared to enthusiast grade hardware and rig set ups :)

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "jittery" a video would be the best demonstration.

Lol, that's a joke, isn't it? How can one complain about something that is freely and in detail configurable?

Alt-Tab once in-game to fix the jitter.

If you post the issues you have with the game, people on the forums may be able to suggest ways to make it more to your liking through settings, configurations, and even mods.

Also post your computer specs, cpu, gpu, ram, OS, hdd/ssd, also post what overclocks you have set.

Not to nitpick or anything but "latest and greatest" might be a bit hopeful. Not saying it isn't good and more than capable, but sli 660ti is lacking compared to enthusiast grade hardware and rig set ups :)

Whereas I wouldn't be surprised if the SLI part was why -- my system runs the alpha fine with a factory-OC'd 660 Ti and stock clock i5-3570K with 8 GB DDR3 RAM and the game running off of a SSD with Windows 8 as the OS.

Y'know, there's a 'preset' option in the key bindings menu, and there's an "Arma 2 like" preset in there already....

Have a look to make sure Steam is fully minimized to the system tray . I have noticed if it is maximized in the background, it can cause stutter.

Must say, ArmA 3 gameplay is a bit faster. Key bindings are comfortable and the mouse accelaration is much better then in ArmA 2 (for me).

microstutter is a problem with dual gpu setups sometimes.

Exactly and that's why I got Titan.

Try to install different gpu drivers.

And this right here is why I'm a single-card/single-GPU player.

Answer to OP: yes?

I have an i7 3.4 / GTX 570 Win7x64 system and first Arma runs fine, then, rather suddenly, something delaying clocks in. That means, I move the mouse very quickly to the right, but my character starts turning when mouse already stopped moving. Delay problems. They are suddenly clocking in.

Hmm but probably I'm talking about something different than OP.

I had at a3a release a 560ti 2gb vram ockked sli , and i had stutter, updated drivers and sli profiles and seemed well for me, i upgraded my gpu in the 2nd half of april to a gtx680, and after this i've noticed i had lot of micro and macrostutter with SLI wich i really don't have with a single card, SLI in every game tend to cause stutter

I had at a3a release a 560ti 2gb vram ockked sli , and i had stutter, updated drivers and sli profiles and seemed well for me, i upgraded my gpu in the 2nd half of april to a gtx680, and after this i've noticed i had lot of micro and macrostutter with SLI wich i really don't have with a single card, SLI in every game tend to cause stutter

Just use adaptive VSync, as I get no micro-stutters with my GTX680-SOC-2GB 2-Way-SLI on a Single-Screen (1920x1080).

:)

Atm, due to the performance and lag, it's like playing "randomly" .. I cannot describe it, but shooting at enemies and take them down is nowhere near to what you used to do in ArmA2. When you shot down someone you don't feel like you did the right thing, but you feel lucky... in other words it looks like you don't have the full control of the soldier, or what's happening, you cannot elaborate complex strategies like getting covered and such. The only way to play atm seems to find a good spot and camp, so you won't be affected by the lag and, plus you need to shot at static target, because if someone is moving, apparently your bullets goes anywhere but to the target.

@ WalkerDown; nice story Bro, sorry for your noobness. No issues at all shooting the AI. No stutter no lag no problems other than what breaks in a update.