Sign in to follow this  
Sneakson

Post-patch ai-related performance increase?

Hey, I heard there were some changes to the AI in the patch some days ago.

Pre-patch I tried playing Escape from Stratis with bots and had terrible lag absolutely regardless of settings (even with vision 500/500).

Post-patch I suddenly noticed really sweet framerates in Headhunters (also lots of ai) and noticed I could turn the settings up to my singleplayer high-ultra levels and still be on a pleasant about 30 very playable fps.

I don't even think I turned background programs off.

Has there been a plain and simple positive optimization in every sense of the word or is this just me? Gonna try it out again tonight anyways.

Had the same thing. 0.54 fixed AI pathfinding in urban areas for me. Huge performance boost on that. Went from 9-14 FPS with 80-100AI in Agia to 20-25 FPS while fighting and basically the same as no-AI when not fighting.

This sounds delicious. I´m stuck with no net at home and I´ve been doing my arena testing with the previous iteration, with all problems that go with it including the performance loss.

Does the AI also not start to get confused at low fps anymore, ie, walk through walls, ignore obvious enemies, ignore being shot at, etc?

hmm, looks like i have to test my big ai battle mission again. Although, it was playable for me at release date.

The AI still isn't too bright but they don't cause slowdowns in any mission I've played.