Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Competition: '2013 World Arma Photo'

EDIT: The winners have been

revealed. Thanks everyone for participating!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192[/ATTACH]

Inspired by the

splendid guide for screenshot-taking in Arma 3 (by our Senior Designer Karel Moricky), we decided to launch a '2013 World Arma Photo' contest!

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO

In order to win this prestigious award, you need to bring your A(rma 3)-game and capture the ultimate, artistic, stunning, remarkable, story-telling screenshot.

HOW TO SUBMIT

Select 1 high-res screenshot (1280x720px or higher) that you deem worthy of the title ‘2013 World Arma Photo’. Send this screenshot to competition@bistudio.com and be sure to also indicate whether you would be interested in a download code for Store.bistudio.com or Steam.

The contest runs from Friday April 19, 2013 up and till Monday April 29, 2013 (GMT+1). The competition will be judged by our expert Karel Moricky, who will personally pick the 3 winners. The result will be announced shortly after the competition has ended (approximately 3 days).

Good luck!

Notes:

• Only one entry per participant is permitted. Submissions that contain multiple screenshots will automatically be disqualified
  • Mods are allowed
  • Editing/touching up is permitted

Edited by Korneel

Nice initiative but you should clarify if the screens are allowed to be edited with third party software (photoshop) or if they should be purely ingame

Nice initiative but you should clarify if the screens are allowed to be edited with third party software (photoshop) or if they should be purely ingame

Use of mods is indeed allowed. As for editing/touching up, yup, that's permitted but, perhaps worth noting that, subjectively, we tend to favour 'pure' screens, though!

Updated the OP and sent a note to our web masters to update the competition post - and remove their casual trolling of me, too, while they're at at!

And, if I know Moricky well, good deployment of fog, Comanches, and lighthouses will get bonus points! :p

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
damn trolls

Didnt want to start a new thread but when I use the splendid camera and want to take up the console (press F1 as said in the guide) nothing happens.

And, if I know Moricky well, good deployment of fog, Comanches, and lighthouses will get bonus points! :p

dJWBqhW.jpg

Edited by Sniperwolf572

it should be noted that there is the comanche wreck in the alpha :)

Yes and, of course, if you include the wreck in your missions you must give it the variable name 'SAD_MORICKY'.

Nonsense aside, we've had a bunch of entries to the competition so far. I'd re-emphasise that it's one screenshot per submission and deploying some of the tips provided in the guide itself will be deemed most splendid.

This is probably still my favourite so far:

Best,

RiE

Yes and, of course, if you include the wreck in your missions you must give it the variable name 'SAD_MORICKY'.

Nonsense aside, we've had a bunch of entries to the competition so far. I'd re-emphasise that it's one screenshot per submission and deploying some of the tips provided in the guide itself will be deemed most splendid.

This is probably still my favourite so far:

:p

Best,

RiE

Ok, don't shoot me for asking a stupid question, but what button actually takes the picture in camera mode, and where do they save to? The tutorial never describes it that I can tell.

Thanks for your patience.

Ok, don't shoot me for asking a stupid question, but what button actually takes the picture in camera mode, and where do they save to? The tutorial never describes it that I can tell.

Use Steam screenshot thing (F12 by default, not so good IQ), printscreen + Paint or use a dedicated software like FRAPS.

I use FRAPS, save as png file and then rezise and convert it.

So screenshot must to be from war photographer point of view?

I think you are free to use any point of view you want :) Just let the creativity flow

Going to try to make an entry, as soon as I get the keyboard controls for the Splendid camera figured out.

Im with you.. Does the camera actually have a shot button, or is it just a setup tool and you use the steam option or Fraps, which both do not seem to work for me, steam doesnt take a shot and fraps just gives a black screen shot?

Edit: latest version (fraps) works

Edited by Katipo66

I haven't had any trouble taking screenshots (using [F12] for Steam works for me) but I am having trouble restoring camera parameters. It seems that whenever I press a number key (which is what the guide states to press in order to restore a saved state) it just brings up a command menu as if I were playing in game. I posted a thread in the troubleshooting forum but haven't had any replies, though someone here may be able to help me out. I have the feeling I'm missing something obvious, but can't work out what.

Is the deadline past or is it the end of today?

Actually I have no idee, maybe we got until midnight GMT+1.

Was one off the requirements for it to include the Kamino light house?? Lol it's all to vague and I still can't get the camera to work so bugger it, goes in my sig instead :)

But the camera function is very cool, I hope I can get it working in future, it's kinda like a mini game.