Sign in to follow this  
matkob

Launch parameters mod limitation

Does anybody know, what is the limitation for addons and mods to launch and how can I launch more addons?

Thanks

If your shortcut target field won't accept more mod parameters you can use a .bat file to launch ArmA 3 instead. That way there won't be any limitations to the number of mod folders you can use.

I have already tried that and that is not working for me neither. I have tried Arma II launcher, batch file, Steam and Head's Arma 3 launcher. My parameters would look like this:

-showScriptErrors -noSplash -nopause -world=Stratis "-mod=@AllInArma\ProductDummies;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3;@a2baf;@a2pmc;@acr;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@cba_a3;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@a3units_extended;@a3a_units;@a3_bearb_ch;@a3_sf_nato;@acu_reskin;@alicepack;@alphasounds;@anzins;@arp;@aus_us_helmets;@babe_targets;@blackop_swat;@blend_avi-a3;@blood_mist;@brf_heject;@caf;@cia_sad;@commando;@crw_usmc;@deditor;@e3_units;@fhq_m4_a3;@genoma_helmets;@ghillie;@glt_mod;@hmm_stanceindicator;@idf;@inko;@italian_sof_a3;@jsf10_a3;@jsf10_dpm;@jtd_flies;@jumpmf;@kb_co;@landtex_a3a;@lb_ext;@mbg_killhouses_a3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@medic_backpack;@mycontrolmenua3;@natoreplacement;@norrn_rflocc;@outlw_magrepack;@pauls_svk;@pma;@push-feint;@r3f_armes;@raabans_editor_addons;@rus_spet_a3;@sakunightlights;@sbe_army;@sbe_usmc;@seal_devgru_a3;@sthud_a3;@sud_russians;@tao_foldmap_a3;@tb_arifle_m16a4;@tpw_houselights;@troopmona3;@ukarmy;@uk_sftg_a3_v a.03;@unlock_mod;@usarmyucp;@vehicle_hud;@weaponcollision;@gnt_c185_a3a;@m107;@wizz;"

A lot of those addons can be consolidated into fewer mod folders. For example, I have a mod folder called @Maps in which I place all map addons. I also have a folder called @Misc where all kinds of random addons go, and looking at your list most could be consolidated like this.

Wanted to avoid this solution because many of them I update via six-updater but probably this is the only thing I can do.

Thanks

Wanted to avoid this solution because many of them I update via six-updater but probably this is the only thing I can do.

Thanks

In that case: doesn't Six also work as a launcher?

1) create a text file somewhere. I'll use aparam.txt in the c:\armaparam directory for this example

2) put your -params in there, for example

-skipintro

-window

-nosplash

-nopause

-showScriptErrors

-mod=@CBA_A3;@JayArmA3Lib;@ACRE;@sthud_a3;@alphasounds

3) edit your arma shortcut into this: (use your own path if different of course)

"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "-par=C:\armaparam\aparam.txt"

All done. From now on, you just need to change the text file and not mess up any other shortcut. I don't think there's a character limit either.

1) create a text file somewhere. I'll use aparam.txt in the c:\armaparam directory for this example

2) put your -params in there, for example

3) edit your arma shortcut into this: (use your own path if different of course)

"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "-par=C:\armaparam\aparam.txt"

All done. From now on, you just need to change the text file and not mess up any other shortcut. I don't think there's a character limit either.

Thanks, this one is working like a charm

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

In that case: doesn't Six also work as a launcher?

Yes, but I am not sure whether you can set some load order...

arma 3 launcher always mess with my perfect and organized mod load order, I wanna load CUP BEFORE RHS, but it always change, so using this should work